ELEMENTS & PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN key to fashion design.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- ELEMENTS & PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN key to fashion design
- Slide 2
- Balance is how the space of a shape interacts with the overall figure. Can be symmetrical (equally divided) or asymmetrical (divided unequally)
- Slide 3
- Proportion is the relationship of the size of different parts of a garment and the relationship of the total volume of the garment to the person wearing it. Colour of a garment enhances or reduces the illusion proportion creates. An effective garment must balance the persons figure http://thebluekimono.blogspot.c a/2009/03/elements-of-design- proportion-and.html
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- 2:31:2 http://thebluekimono.blogspot.ca/2009/03/elements-of-design-proportion-and.html
- Slide 6
- The Golden Ratio The golden ratio occurs in nature, and is a mathematical formula used by artists, designers, architects, and even musicians in creating beauty. for artistic uses its often simplified to this: 1:1.5, or a 2:3 ratio. naturally appeals to the human eye, and that people throughout time and space are drawn to it whether they know it as mathematical formula or not. http://thebluekimono.blogspot.ca/2009/03/elements-of-design-proportion-and.html
- Slide 7
- The Golden Ratio contd Leonardo da Vinci was intrigued by the golden ratio and depicted it in his famous Vitruvius Man.Vitruvius Man http://thebluekimono.blogspot.ca/2009/03/elements-of-design- proportion-and.html
- Slide 8
- Proportion & Balance work together Trouser works well because the proportion is just right! The pleated, flowy pants are balanced by broad-shouldered tops and wide belts. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/gwendog/fashion/32517Missoni.jpg
- Slide 9
- Emphasis is the focal point or center of interest of a garment. It can be accomplished with line, design details, colour, texture, trims or accessories. http://www.fashiondesignscope.com/?p=3302
- Slide 10
- Rhythm is the flow of the lines, shape, space and texture of a garment is a sense of movement and is necessary to create interest Done by the repetition of lines, shapes and colour to create direction
- Slide 11
- Harmony or Unity is the pleasing arrangement of all the parts of a garment. Colours, lines, shapes, and textures look like they belong together. Image Courtesy: tradenote.net, allwomenstalk.com, thestylesample.com, patternpulp.c sareensaree.com, bridgat.com, pursepage.com
View more >
Fashion Illustration. Elements and Principles of Designa mini-review Design ELEMENTS Colour Line Shape Texture Design PRINCIPLES Balance Proportion Emphasis.
1 Elements & Principles Of Design. 2 To identify elements and principles of design To apply elements and principles of design to interiors To examine.
FADS 1305 Intro to Fashion Design Class time/place: and principles of design as they pertain to fashion. Design terminology for apparel and ... Understand design elements and principles at they apply to the ...
The art of fashion. What is fashion made from ? The good fashion has a combination of elements & principles of design. Elements of design are the building.
Fashion Design - South Dakota Department of Education to Arts ... will explore trends in fashion design and ... Create a portfolio that illustrates use of elements and principles of design in fashion
Chapter 42: Fashion and Design Describe the fashion industry. Analyze ways industry influences consumers. Describe elements, principles of design. Choose.
Studio. Students will design and create an advanced ... Pattern Drafting for Fashion Design. (3) Basic principles of patternmaking, ... The Elements and Principles of Fashion Design, including Color Theory. (3)