elements of fashion presentation
out of 20
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIt's a presentation on Gown market research with it's season and pricing on variations.
- 1. Welcome To My Presentation Presented By Tanmoy Chowdhury Antu FMP-4 Presented To Dhwani Khanna Faculty
- 2. OVERVIEW 1. Introduction 2. Type of product and its season 3. Types of silhouettes 4. Target Customers 5. Textures 6. Colors 7. Embellishment & Accessories
- 3. INTRODUCTION A gown is a (usually) loose outer garment from knee- to full-length worn by men and women in Europe from the early middle ages to the seventeenth century and continuing today in certain professions; later, gown was applied to any woman's garment consisting of a bodice and attached skirt. Only in the last few decades has gown lost its general meaning of a woman's garment in the US in favor of dress. Today the usage is chiefly British except historical senses or in formal cases such as evening gown and wedding gown. [www.wikipedia.com, accessed on: 26th June,2011]
- 4. TYPE OF PRODUCT & ITS SEASON Type of Product: Wedding Gown A wedding dress or wedding gown is the clothing worn by a bride during a wedding ceremony. Color, style and ceremonial importance of the gown can depend on the religion and culture of the wedding participants. Season: Basically there is no specific wedding season in the world. Anyone can get married in any time of the year. But the dress code can change according to the season when the wed held. According to this, wedding gown season can be categorized into- Fall Winter Spring Summer
- 5. TYPES OF SILHOUETTES There are specific wedding dress silhouettes for specific body types. Basically there are three types of silhouettes: I. Straight Line or tubular. II. Bell shaped or curved. III. The back fullness. Beside those there can be some more silhouettes like: 1. A-Line 2. Ball-gown 3. Dropped 4. Empire 5. Mermaid 6. Sheath
- 6. SILHOUETTES [www.weddingdresscreat or.com, accessed on: 27th June,2011]
- 7. TARGET CUSTOMERS In this presentation, I have selected the fabrics which are costly and more unique look than others. The embellishments which I will present are more unique look and much costly. Those embellishment can give a gown richer look. Also the color codes I have used in the slides, usually used for higher priced unique garment. So, basically I am working on for higher income group.
- 8. FABRICS BATISTE is a lightweight, soft, and transparent fabric in a plain weave. BROCADE is made from silk or synthetic fibers. The resulting material is somewhat stiff and has great body. It is softer and lighter than satin, and is of medium weight. It's best for: structured, A line, or column gowns. [www.fabric.com, accessed on: 27th June,2011] [www.china-cart.com, accessed on: 28th June, 2011]
- 9. CREPE is a soft silk, acetate, or lightweight rayon fabric with a thin texture and a crinkled surface. It's heavier than Georgette, has a soft drape and is a best-fit for flowing, soft silhouettes, ball gown, empire, and mermaid styles. ORGANZA is also woven from silk or synthetic fibers such as polyester or nylon. Its weave is what gives it its unique quality. The process is called plain-weave, a technique in which the fibers are crisscrossed. The resulting fabric is sheer and "crunchy" and comes in either a shiny, or sparkly finish. [www. marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.co m, accessed on: 28th June, 2011] [www.silkfabrics-exporter.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011]
- 10. SATIN is obtained from natural (silk) or synthetic fibers (nylon). What distinguishes it is that satin has a high thread count that comes from using many layers of fiber. Silk satin is the most traditional of wedding gown fabrics. TAFFETA is obtained from woven silk, nylon, acetate, and/or other synthetic fibers like polyester. The stiffer the taffeta, the higher its quality. Its pros are that it's lightweight, looks good when wrinkled a bit, comes in any color. [www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com,accessed on: 27th June, 2011] [www.made-in-china.com, accessed on: 27th June,2011] [www.taradb2b.com, accessed on: 28th June,2011]
- 11. COLORS [www.helenbride.com, accessed on: 29th June, 2011]
- 12. EMBELLISHMENT Embellishments on a gown are like sprinkles on ice cream. Used decorously, embellishments can add shimmer and individuality to a gown. Queen Victoria added fresh orange blossoms to her otherwise pure ensemble back in 1840, and throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, elaborately trimmed gowns were an indication of wealth.
- 13. Appliqus: Fabric cutouts sewn onto the dress. Beading: Pieces of glass, crystal, gem, or other material glued or sewn onto the gown. Border Trim: Braided, ribboned, ruffled, or scalloped edges. Bugle Beads: Long, tubular-shaped glass beads. [www.sangmaestro.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011] [www.sangmaestro.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011] [www. nikwala.blogspot.com, accessed on: 26th June, 2011] [www.oursbiz.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011]
- 14. Crystal: Beads carved out of genuine transparent quartz. Edging: Narrow decorative border of lace, embroidery, braid, or fringe used for trim. Embroidery: Fancy needlework or stitching on a gown done by hand or machine. Fringe: A sequence of cut fabric or threads; adds movement to a dress border, or can be applied all-over for a flapper look. ,[ www.weddinginspirasi.co m, accessed on 27th June, 2011] [www.cheapweddingdressesonlin e.co.uk, accessed on: 28th June, 2011] [www. romanticwedding.cenul.com, accessed on: 26th June, 2011] [www.dealnay.com, accessed on: 28th June, 2011]
- 15. Ribbons & Bows: Used in various lengths and sizes, from one giant butterfly bow in back to a tiny shoestring tie in front. Sequins & Paillettes: Small, shiny, iridescent plastic discs sewn to fabric to add "twinkle"; sequins are secured flat in place, paillettes are larger and usually hang off of the fabric, adding movement as well as sparkle. [www.wedding.theknot.com, accessed on: 27th June,2011] [www. creditcrunchbride.wo rdpress.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011] [www.sangmaestro.com, accessed on: 27th June, 2011]
- 16. ACCESSORIES www.weddingplanninginstitute.com, accessed on: 29th June, 2011 [www.championweddinggownspecialist.com , accessed on: 29th June, 2011] Hang Tag Wash care label http://classifieds.weddingbee.com/topic/lookin g-for-size-20-wedding-gown Price Tag
- 17. REFERENCES Anonymous, Unknown, Gown [Internet], Updated: 30th March, 2011, Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gown, Accessed on: 26th June,2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Guide to wedding dress silhouettes [Internet], Updated: Unknown, Available at: http://www.weddingdresscreator.com/guide-to-wedding-dress- silhouettes.php, Accessed on: 27th June,2011 Anonymous, Unknown, wedding gown fabrics [Internet], Updated: Unknown, Available at: http://www.hudsonvalleyweddings.com/guide/wedding-gown-fabrics.htm, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, wedding gown embellishment glossary, Updated: Unknown, Available at: http://wedding.theknot.com/bridal-fashion/wedding-dress- shopping/articles/wedding-gown-embellishment-glossary.aspx?MsdVisit=1, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Images Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://www.fabric.com/apparel- fashion-fabric-lining-fabric-polyester-cotton-batiste-fabric.aspx, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://www.silkfabrics- exporter.com/organza-silk-fabric.html, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://www.china- cart.com/d.asp?a=White+Plum+Blossom+Brocade+Fabric&d=10892, Accessed on: 28th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?s fid=156844&c=803357&i=238715916, Accessed on: 28th June, 2011
- 18. Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://www.made-in- china.com/showroom/smilespring/product-detailaobmtwTMJnck/China-Silk-Satin-Fabric-Plain-Crepe- Satin-Nature-White-.html, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://www.taradb2b.com/en/keyword?w=polyester&typ=Product, Accessed on: 28th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://sangmaestro.com/tag/wedding-dress- applique/, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://sangmaestro.com/tag/wedding-dress- beading/, Accessed on: 27th June, 2011 Anonymous, Unknown, Unknown [Internet], Available at: http://ni
View more >