the elements of design in fashion. the 7 elements of design shape line color focal point proportion...
out of 19
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- The Elements of Design In Fashion
- Slide 2
- The 7 Elements of Design Shape Line Color Focal Point Proportion Balance Texture
- Slide 3
- Shape refers to the 4 Clothing Silhouettes Hourglass Fitted bust & waist give a contour look Favored by women with hourglass figures.
- Slide 4
- Rectangle The shape isnt form-fitting through the waist and bust. It hides rather than reveals body shape
- Slide 5
- Triangle The dress creates a triangle shape A high fashion look
- Slide 6
- Inverted Triangle The broad shoulders widen the top The tight skirt narrows the bottom
- Slide 7
- Line Horizontal Draws the eye across the width of the figure Makes the body look wider and shorter
- Slide 8
- Vertical Line Leads the eye up and down Makes a person look taller and thinner
- Slide 9
- Diagonal Line Diagonal lines are dynamic They lengthen or shorten, depending on their direction
- Slide 10
- Curved Line Adds fullness to the figure because it emphasizes roundness The curved collar widens the shoulder
- Slide 11
- Color Color has the power to change your shape. You can use color to your advantage in your clothing.
- Slide 12
- If you are tall and want to minimize your height, wear a two color outfit.
- Slide 13
- Contrasting colors call attention to an area.
- Slide 14
- The mono- chromatic look avoids color lines and contrasting color. The effect is to emphasize height.
- Slide 15
- Focal Point A focal point is a place to which the eye is drawn first; it is a point of emphasis.
- Slide 16
- Proportion Deals with how the parts of your outfit relate to each other. Avoid outfits that cut you in half.
- Slide 17
- Balance Formal or Symmetrical Balance both sides are the same Informal or Asymmetrical balance both sides are different, yet balanced
- Slide 18
- Texture Heavily textured fabrics enlarge the figure. Smooth, lightweight fabrics will minimize your weight.
- Slide 19
- When you understand the basics of design, you can emphasize your best features and even have fun building a wardrobe that is best for your shape.
View more >