samira mchater berghs presentation 2015
out of 40
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HiBerghs! My name is Samira! Twitter: @Samajra
- 2. Howstartups getshitdone
- 3. TeamStructure Why is a great team important to get stuff done?
- 4. Great teams motivates and handle adversity better.
- 5. Mypersonal viewofagreatstartupteam Founder/CEO HR, CMO, CCO, CFO, CSO Advisory board Office Manager Developers UX/UI Growth Team aka SWAT team; Product Owner, Data Scientist, Developer, Marketeer/Copy Founder/CTO VP of Growth
- 6. Atvionlabs Very flat organisation 13 employees 6 developer teams (The same developer can be in multiple teams) 1 Marketing team 1 Management team Founder/CEO Founder/CTO CMO, CCO, CFO Data team R&D Analytics Infrastructure Admin Office Manager
- 7. Scrum
- 8. Dailystandupmeeting Pre-set time every day A time-box of 15 minutes Stand up Answer three questions - What did I do yesterday? - What am I doing today? - What is blocking me?
- 9. Growthhacking An iterative customer acquisition and retention strategy that sits at the intersection of product development and marketing
- 10. Growth Hacking was coined by Sean Ellis in 2010. A GROWTH HACKER IS A PERSON WHOSE TRUE NORTH IS GROWTH
- 11. Whygrowthhacking? Cheap Efficient Scalable 40 80 120 160 200 240 9 0 9 9 9 9 MPH km/h
- 12. GrowthhackeristhenewVPofmarketing In 2012 Andrew Chen published a blog post emphasizing that coding and technical chops now were an essential part of being a great marketer.
- 13. Growthhacker DeveloperProduct Owner Data analyst GH
- 14. WhyaGrowthteam? They change how decisions are made Better collaboration between Marketing and Developers Focuses on improving existing funnel Back end team tend to work with ownership and delivering one service (i.e Worlds best search engine Growth team would work with making every user do more searches every day No growth team is necessary if people arent using your product! You need a user base.
- 15. LeanStartup a method for developing businesses and products MVP Continous deployment (all code that is written for an application is immediately deployed into production) A/B testing Pivot (changing (or even firing) the plan instead of the executive) Build Measure Learn Loop
- 16. PMF Product/market fit means being in a good market with a product that can satisfy that market. aka creating a MVP that solves a problem.
- 17. MVP A minimum viable product (MVP) is the the most pared down version of a product that can still be released. An MVP has three key characteristics: It has enough value that people are willing to use it or buy it initially It demonstrates enough future benefit to retain early adopters It provides a feedback loop to guide future development
- 18. Focusattherighttime Problem/ Solution fit Scale Product/ Market fit Growth Hacking
- 19. Growthhacks A/B Tests Headline tests Landing pages Piggyback (Paypal, Airbnb) Fake activity on Platform (Quora) Private beta list
- 20. Examplesofgrowth PS: I love you. Get your free email at Hotmail. 3,000 a day. In 6 months they reached 1 million users. 5 weeks later 2 million users.
- 21. Examples ofgrowth Dropbox went from this..
- 22. Examplesofgrowth To this: Dropbox got 70,000 users overnight just by creating a demo video of the product intended for the Digg audience.
- 23. Referrals increased the sign ups on Dropbox by 60%!
- 24. Othergoodexamplesofgrowth Twitter Evernote Spotify Airbnb
- 25. Othergoodexamplesofgrowth Twitter Evernote Spotify Airbnb
- 26. Makesureyou track the right things!
- 27. Traffic Revenue Users ? ?
- 28. CustomerlifecyclePIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr ActivationAcquisition Retention RevenueReferral
- 29. PIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr Acquisition Users come to your site from different channels
- 30. YouvisitserviceX Thanks to Twitter
- 31. PIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr Activation They use your product
- 32. YoudecidetojoinserviceX After browsing through the website
- 33. PIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr Retention They continue to use it (yay!)
- 34. Afterafewdays They send you a weekly digest e-mail for you take part of more information
- 35. PIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr Referral They like it enough to refer it
- 36. Youliketheproductalot! So you tweet about it to your friends!
- 37. PIRATEMETRICS THEaarrr Revenue Money, money, mooooney!
- 38. Usergenerates breakevenrevenue
- 39. Traditionalmarketingvsgrowthhacking Make people want the product Traditional media such as print ads, TV and radio Conversion funnel rarely determined Tends to forget the lastthree R:s More structured with plans Make a product people want Gathers data, experiment and then determine Cheaper Execute fast, fix later attitude Marketing Product/ Tech Marketing Product/ Tech
- 40. Thanks! Any questions? You can find me at: @samajra firstname.lastname@example.org
View more >