Click here to load reader
Post on 12-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMMS 100 Assignment.
- Common name for herbaceous plants of the genus Musa and for the fruit they produce.
- Come in a variety of sizes and colors when ripe, including yellow, purple, and red.
- They are native to tropical South and Southeast Asia, and are likely to have been first domesticated in Papua New Guinea.
- The scientific names of bananas are Musa acuminata, Musa balbisiana or hybrids Musa acuminata balbisiana, depending on their genomic constitution.
- Banana is also used to describe Enset and Fe'i bananas, neither of which belong to the Musa genus. Enset bananas belong to the genus Ensete while the taxonomy of Fe'i-type cultivars is uncertain.
- Banana is an energy booster.
- Banana contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that is known to make you feel happy and improve your mood.
- Banana is a rich source of iron, thus it is helpful in cases of anemia.
- Banana is good a good source of potassium. If you are taking diuretics take 2 bananas a day to prevent the depletion of potassium in the body.
- Banana is good for people who have high blood pressure because it is low in salt.Banana is good for the Heart.
- Stomach ulcer (banana has a natural antacid)
- Digestive disorder
- Constipation (banana is high in fiber)
- So lets start the day right by eating a BANANA!