key takeaways from inbound 2014
out of 28
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. in review2014
- 2. INBOUND 2014 broughtus togethe! and inspired* us.
- 3. INBOUND 2014 broughtus togethe! and inspired* us.*Especially the speakers.
- 4. Here are a few takeaways from ourINBOUND keynotes (and beyond) that aresure to help us all become even moreremarkable thinkers.
- 5. GUY KAWASAKI@guykawasaki
- 6. Changing your mind is a signof intelligence, not a mistake.
- 7. Have a standard that you hire betterthan you in your functional area -A players hire A+ players.
- 8. SIMON SINEK@simonsinek
- 9. Great leaders would sacrifice the numbers to savethe people. When push come to shove, numbersnever come to your rescue people do.
- 10. When we look out for each other,those we look out forwill look out for us.
- 11. MARTHA STEWART@marthastewart
- 12. Successful people have pa"ionand a curiosity to learn.
- 13. "I think of the brand asan insertion of value,to give it substanceand meaning."
- 14. MALCOLM GLADWELL@gladwell
- 15. When you look atsuccessful attempts attransformation you will seean act of reframing theproblem that makes therevolution possible.
- 16. What set Steve Jobs apart over andover and over in his career is thatburning desire to get something done.
- 17. SHIZA SHAHID@shiza
- 18. Look within yourself,find whats holding youback, and remindyourself that you arestronger than anythingyou are afraid of.
- 19. There are no superheroes.Theres just us.
- 20. Instead of selling,you educate and inform.David Meerman Scott@dmscott
- 21. "Products are no longer sold, they are actually bought."Stacey Bishop, Scale Venture Partners@StaceyCurry
- 22. We need to stop thinkingabout retaining clients for thesake of keeping them, andinstead think about providingthem with services thattransform their business.Peter CaputaVP Sales, HubSpot@pc4media
- 23. Be more human and make everything we doabout relationships. Lets stop the storytellingand start the storymaking.David BerkowitzCMO, MRY
- 24. Its hard to get anything across unless youd# something bold.Brooke HammerlingFounder, Brew Media Relations@brooke
- 25. "Now, more than ever,it's imperative that CMOsstay externally focusedand know what yourcompetition is doing."Lorrie NorringtonExecutive Board, Lead Edge Capital
- 26. "The amount of information marketers cantake advantage of and use much less like acreative occupation and much more like anengineering occupation."Larry BohnGeneral Catalyst Partners
- 27. "Our goal isn't to shovecontent into inboxes, it'sproviding somethingworth reading.Anum Hussain, HubSpot
- 28. What was your favorite takeawayfrom INBOUND?Tell us at #INBOUND14 and dontforget to mark your calendar for 2015!Sept. 8-11, 2015
View more >