5 key takeaways from #anamulti
Post on 13-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
5 KEY TAKEAWAYS
Here are more things to keep in mind when trying to connect with diverse audiences.
Authenticity remains the key for truly connecting with multicultural audiences. At the 2015 ANA Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference,
speakers from a variety of brands drove home the importance of finding the cultural connectors that allow marketers to speak to their target
audiences in ways that dont feel disingenuous.
2 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
If youre not standing up for a community and supporting that community,
it is wrong to ask for their dollars. Apoorva Ghandi, vice president of multicultural
affairs at Marriott International Inc.
3 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Its not enough to just support a community through words alone. Taking a genuine stand on social issues will attract strong loyalty
from members of that community and beyond.
Purpose is the lens we use to define our business, to make moral choices about what we will or wont do, and its increasingly viewed as a key to business success. Christine Paige, senior vice president of marketing and digital services at Kaiser Permanente
4 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
2. Define your purpose and let it inform your business decisions. This is what attracts consumers, builds your brand, and empowers
brand advocates. Communicating this message authentically can help you connect with consumers across multiple cultures and generations.
Know your consumer. Georgina Flores, vice president of integrated marketing communications at Allstate Insurance Co.
5 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
3. Cultural relevancy is necessary to truly connect with multicultural consumers. It goes beyond casting, music, and language to understanding who the consumers are and the kind of messaging that will resonate with them.
You have to be first, have to be bold, and to strike where you can. Laston Charriez, senior vice president of Americas marketing, product and market development, at Western Union
6 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
4. Dont be afraid to take opportunities to expand your brand message, even when they take you outside your target audience. Forcing yourself
out of your comfort zone can help you stand out from the crowd.
The beauty of digital content is that it allows you to tell stories. Lauventria Robinson, vice president of multicultural marketing at Coca-Cola
7 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
5. As heavy users of social platforms, multicultural audiences are more likely than their general market counterparts to share content relevant
to them. Online video and other engaging forms of content provide opportunities to tell great stories and connect with more frequency.
8 Copyright 2015 by the Association of National Advertisers, Inc. All rights reserved.
All content for this slideshare has been aggregated from presentations at the 2015 ANA Multicultural & Diversity Conference.
Want to dig deeper? Check out these ANA Marketing Knowledge Center #ANAMulti recaps:
Getting Total Market Right: New Study Links Hispanic-Dedicated Efforts to Growth
Western Union: Reaching Multicultural Consumers When and Where Receptive
Why Mobile Screens Are Much Bigger than They Appear When It Comes to Multicultural Audiences
YouTube Human Stories Debunking Myths About Hispanic Consumers Watching Online Video