study ancient history!
Post on 21-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. study ancient history! 06/11/11
2. 06/11/11 3.
- Have you ever wanted to learn more about Egypts ancient pyramids?
- Do you know how Cleopatra really died?
- Are you intrigued by the mysteries of Ancient Greece and Rome, or is the mystique of the far East more your style?
06/11/11 4. Who are these people, and what is their place in history? 06/11/11 5. Preliminary and HSC Ancient History
- The study of ancient history is an enquiry into past experience that helps make the present more intelligible.
- Through the study of ancient history, students learn both about the interaction of societies and the impact of individuals and groups on ancient events and ways of life.
- Ancient history draws on a variety of disciplines and sources, such as archaeology, coins, art, human remains, inscriptions and literary works to allow students to piece together the past.
- Ancient history will allow you to develop and apply research skills and methodologies of the historian and archaeologist.
- The skills, knowledge and understanding that you acquire through studying Ancient History are a great introduction to the world of work and informed citizenship.
06/11/11 6. The Preliminary Course
- Investigating the Past the skills of the archaeologist
- Ancient sites, societies and sources
- A Historical Investigation you choose a topic to investigate that you are most interested in
06/11/11 7. The HSC Course
- Core study The cities of Vesuvius Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Ancient Societies
- Personalities in their times
- Historical Periods
06/11/11 8. Examples of topics in the Preliminary Course
- Ancient human remains
- Entombed warriors of Xian
- Homer and the Trojan war
- Queen Boudicca of the Celts
- Tutankhamens tomb
- Aztec Cities
- The Celts in Europe
06/11/11 9. 06/11/11 10. Examples of topics in the HSC course
- The legend of Pompeii, victim of Vesuvius
- Old and New Kingdom Egypt
- Persian Society
- The Bronze Age Minoa and Crete
- Ancient Sparta
- Ancient Athens
- Alexander the Great
- Julius Caesar
- And many more you get to choose what you are most interested in!
06/11/11 11. 06/11/11 12. 06/11/11 13. Assessment
- Ancient History assesses by a mixture of exams and investigations.
- Your teacher will fully prepare you for exam success in the HSC watch your essay writing skills evolve as you investigate each fascinating topic!
06/11/11 14. Post-school Opportunities
- The study of Ancient History will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to succeed at university, whatever the course
- Other job opportunities include:
- Tour guide/travel consultant
- Film producer
- Museum curator
- And many, many more