out of 16
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. What is software piracy Varieties of piracy How it effects Case study Prevention
- 2. DEFINATION : Unauthorized copyingor distribution ofcopyrightedsoftware.
- 3. Computer software is a new form ofintellectual property. Stealing this property is no different thanstealing any other form of copyrighted content,and the punishment for doing so is the same.
- 4. Top Five InfringedSoftwares1. Symantec Norton Anti- Virus2.Adobe Acrobat3.Adobe Photoshop4.Auto Desk AutoCAD5. Adobe
- 5. 1. End User Piracy2. Re-seller Piracy3. Internet Piracy4. Trademark/Trade Name Infringement
- 6. Copying the same software onto more than onecomputer. Copying office software onto a home computer. Loaning your software to someone else so that theperson can make a copy. Making a copy and selling the software to someoneelse.
- 7. An individual or company who takes one copy ofsoftware and deliberately reproduces it with fakecertificates so that those who purchase it believe it isbeing purchased from the company which developedit. Many folks may have the same serial number.
- 8. Distribution of software via Internet. Fake sites which are set up to distributepirated software.Trademark/Trade Name Infringement Improper use of a registered trademark.
- 9. Programmers or performing artists lose income when copyingis common. Even though large-scale commercial piracy is worse, individualcopying is still not ethical.
- 10. People buy pirated software withoutrealizing what theyre doing. If you buy Windows, it doesnt belong to you, its Microsofts. Theyre just letting you use it. Pricing that is far below the manufacturersprice can be a tip-off, but many people thinkthey are getting a bargain, not a piratedprogram.
- 11. In general, 43% of thesoftware in use hasbeen pirated. worldwide dollar lossesexceed $11.4 billionwith more than228million businessapplications pirated.
- 12. On the Industry Reduces profits for the software developer. reduces development money for futureproducts.On the Pirate Expense, embarrassment, ethically wrong. Fines up to $250,000. Jail sentence of up to 5 years. payment of legal fees.
- 13. Buy from an authorized dealer. Understand what it is you are buying. Check the prices and ask for receipts. Be sure you are given a license. Retain the original media. Call the software publisher.
- 14. Business Software Alliance Hot Line (800)688-BSA1or email email@example.com http://www.bsa.org/ Microsoft Antipiracy Hot Line (800)R U LEGIT oremail firstname.lastname@example.org Software Publishers Association -To report SoftwarePiracy (SPA) (800)388-7478 http://www.spa.org/
- 15. NAME : PRITI S NAIKROLL NO : 30
View more >
DIGITAL PIRACY: NEUTRALISING PIRACY ON THE ... piracy and were examined from a business ethics standpoint.…
On Software Piracy when Piracy is Costly ?· On Software Piracy when Piracy is Costly ... Our general…
Counterfeiting, Piracy and Smuggling in India – ?· Counterfeiting, Piracy and Smuggling in ... Piracy…