how to cook lentils
out of 5
Post on 11-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow to cook lentils-Dal
- 1.How To Cook Lentils
- To Serve: 2 Persons.
- Time taken : About 1 hour.
- 1/2 Cup Washed Moong Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Chana Lentiles
- Clean the lentils & soak the lentils in some water for 1/2 hour. Wash the lentils in the water used to soak the lentils and throw away the so used water. Put the lentils in a pressure cooker and add the following items.
- 1/4 Tea Spoon Turmeric Powder
- A little Salt
- 4 Cups Water to pressure Cook the lentils.
- Pressure cook the lentils on high flame till the cooker gives 2 whistles. Turn off the flame and let the cooker cool off.
- Now take a wok and put in a table spoon of butter or desi ghee and 1/4 Tea Spoon of Jeera (cumin) and fry it on low flame till it changes color now add 1 tea spoon of Ginger & Garlic paste and saute for some time then add 2 pinch of heeng . Now add 3/4 tea spoon of red chillies ,3/4 tea spoon of coriander powder, 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric and salt to taste with some water to the mixture in the wok. If you like you can also add one minced green chilly. Cook on low flame till the oil separates.
- ( If you think at any stage that the mixture might burn because of too much heat and not enough masala , just switch off the gas, add everything and then start cooking again.)
- Now stir in the boiled lentils with the water in the cooker to the wok and bring to boil.
- You can garnish the dish with lemon juice to taste and with green coriander leaves.
4. 5. Links
- This Jaipur
- ThisPinkcity in 1000 words
View more >