how to cook mexican discada
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Phone: 281.206.2678 FireDisc Grills firediscgrills.com How to Cook Mexican Discada
- 2. firediscgrills.com
- 3. firediscgrills.com > A discada grill is a disk shaped grill used to cook the popular Northern Mexican dish, discada. > This is a dish for meat lovers as many of the ingredients are various types of meat. > Some basic ingredients for discada include sausage, ham, bacon, pork chorizo, jalapeno or serrano peppers, onions, bell peppers, and tomato.
- 4. How To Cook Discada firediscgrills.com Here comes the fun part cooking the meal with a plow disc cooker or even on a FireDisc (your discada grill!). Your first step to cooking discada is to of course gather all of your main ingredients that you plan on using for your personalized dish. If youve never made this dish before, make a list of ingredients before heading off to the store, so you can make sure that you dont forget anything important.
- 5. firediscgrills.com Now that you have all of your ingredients, its time to chop, dice, and mince ingredients for grilling time. Work with your ingredients one at a time and set each ingredient aside in its own bowl to make it easier when tossing everything into the grill. When its time to add the ingredients in, youre going to add them in one-at-a-time and let each ingredient simmer for about 10 minutes. Now, lets get started. Set the grills gas burner to a low heat setting so the grill isnt too hot. If youre cooking with the beer as mentioned above in the ingredients, heres where youre going to dribble a little bit of beer into the center of the disc shaped grill pan. Add the bacon onto the beer and let it simmer on the Discada or FireDisc.
- 6. firediscgrills.com After about 5-10 minutes youre going to push the bacon off to the side of the pan where it can continue to simmer on the side while you place your next ingredient into the center of the grill pan. During this process, all of the different flavors get to mix and mingle, creating a wonderful aroma and a flavorful experience that youll enjoy later when its time to sit down and devour all of your hard work. Once the bacon is done, youre going to then add the chorizo and garlic (if using garlic). Cook for 5-10 minutes and push to the side of the pan. Repeat this process with the ham and sausage, minus the addition of garlic.
- 7. firediscgrills.com If youre cooking with pork sirloin, youll want to turn up the heat a little when cooking this portion of the dish. Cook the pork until nicely browned.
- 8. firediscgrills.com Make sure to push it off to the side once its cooked through. Add in a little bit of oil if needed, but only 1 tablespoon or so. If youre working with a lot of fresh veggies, nows the time to stir them all into the center of the pan in this flavorful broth. Depending upon the recipe youre working from, now is likely the time to stir in a little more beer and some chicken broth for added flavor. Stir in slowly and only a little bit at a time until you reach the desired taste and consistency that you desire. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- 9. Its Grilling Time Get Out Your Best Discada firediscgrills.com The shape of a firedisc, plow disc cooker or discada is slightly similar to the shape and quality of a paella pan, only that its a grill. The disc shaped grill could be open or have rounded sides with handles. The grill is generally made of a solid, quality iron or steel. It also bares a slight resemblance to a Chinese Wok. The shape of the grill makes grilling the meal ideal as the heat is evenly distributed when cooking.
- 10. firediscgrills.com There is also a flavor like none other when the meal is prepared over a hot open flame on a cast iron grill. Disc shaped grills with handles make it easier to maneuver the grill during cooking and provide easy access to the grill master. To master this famous dish, one must respect the need for a quality disc shaped grill and make sure to include as many of the original ingredients with the traditional dish.
- 11. firediscgrills.com To do this is to fully appreciate the enjoyment that is to come later once you have the opportunity to finally sit and enjoy this meat lovers delight. This is an easy dish to prepare that anyone could give a try. When searching for a new disk grill to prepare discada with, be aware that other common names for this type of grill include BBQ disc blade, plow disc grill, and its also commonly referred to as a plow disc cooker, BBQ disk blade or the original FireDisc.
- 12. firediscgrills.com FireDisc Grills specializes in customizing all your grilling, tailgating, and fire-pit needs. Customize your order for a FireDisc Grill today and see what you have been missing!
- 13. Phone: 281.206.2678 9550 Spring Green Blvd., Suite 408-250 Katy, TX 77494 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org firediscgrills.com
View more >