can you come to my party?. section a listen to the song ! and tell me if you can come to my party?...
Post on 18-Jan-2016
Embed Size (px)
Listen to the song ! And tell me if you can come to my party?Can you come to my party?
I have to have a piano lesson.
I have to study for a test.
I have to help my parents
I have to go to the doctor.
I have to visit my aunt.
1a Match the words with the pictures.1. study for a test 2. help my parents 3. go to the doctor4. visit my aunt5. have a piano lesson
1b Listening TedTimKayAnnaWilson
Sun Ning: Hey, Ted. Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Ted: Im sorry, I cant, Sun Ning. I have to help my parents.Tapescript
Sun Ning: Too bad. How about you, Carlos? Can you come to my party? Carlos: Id love to.Sun Ning: Tim? Can you come to my party?
Tim: Oh, no, I cant. I have to study for a test.Sun Ning: What about you, Wilson? Wilson: Sorry, I have to go to the doctor.Sun Ning: Anna, can you come?
Anna: I cant Sun Ning. I have to visit my aunt. Kay: I cant either, Sun Ning. I have a piano lesson.Sun Ning: Thats too bad, Kay. Oh, maybe next time. What a small party!
A: Can you come to my party on Wednesday?B: Sure, Id love to.C: Sorry, I cant. I have a piano lesson.D: Im sorry, too. I have to go to the doctor.
Explanation 1. can OK./All right./Sure./ Of course./Certainly./ Yes(Sure),Id love(like) to. Sorry,cant.(+) eg . Can you come to the party? Yes/Sure,Id love/like to. Sorry,Icant. I have to help my parents.
: 1) Could /Will/Would you come to the party? 2) Would you like /love to come to the party? 3) I hope you come to the party. 4) Please come to the party. 5) How/What about coming to the party? cant eg. He can swim,but I cant. How long can you stay under water? eg. Can he come ?No,he cant come.
2.have tocan , may must should 14,have tohas to ,had to,
He should study hard . He has to study hard . 24, not
can: Can he go with us ? He cant go with us . have todo , has todoes , have to had todid, have to
1 2 1: They have to go to the party . Do they have to go to the party ? Yes , they do . They dont have to go to the party.
2He has to go to see the doctor . Does he have to go to see the doctor? Yes , he does . He doesnt have to go to see the doctor .
3 She had to have a piano lesson yesterday. Did she have to have a piano lesson yesterday? Yes, she did . She didnt have to have a piano lesson yesterday.
2.have to musteg. If one gets ill,hell have to see a doctor. She has to go to school by bus. We must go to school on time. ---Must I finish the homework now ? ---Yes, you must./No,you neednt(dont have to). You mustnt play football in the classroom.
3. I have to help my parents . help sb. with sth .help sb (to) do sth . I have to help my parents with the housework . I have to help my parents (to) do the housework .
4. have 1) have a rest/look/swim/walk2)have a meeting/class/lesson/drink /party3)have breakfast/lunch/supper(dinner)/meals4)have a good time/have fun (in) doing sth.5)have a try 6) have sth onbe wearing eg. But he has nothing on.7) have/let/make sb.do sth.=get sb.to do sth.8) have sth.doneeg. I have the students answer my questions.Tim will have his hair cut tomorrow. Tim
( ).---Can you come to my birthday?---____. A. Yes,I cant. B.Sorry, I cant. C.No,I can. D.Sorry,I can.( ). ---Can you come to my house? ---Sure,___ A.Id love to. B.Id love C.Id like. D.I cant( )Im too tired,so I ___ sit down and rest every five minutes. A. must B.must to C.have D.have to( )Id love___shopping with my mother. A.going B.goes C.to go D.went( ) 5.I already had to___ when I was your age. A.working B.to work C.works D.workBAACD
1. Jeff can / cant come to the party.2. Marry can / cant come to the party.3. May can / cant come to the party.4. Claudia can / cant come to the party.5. Paul can / cant come to the party.Circle can or cant2a Listeningcancantcantcantcan
Conversation 1 Anna: Hi, Jeff! Can you come to my party on Saturday? Jeff: Im sorry, I cant. I have to visit my aunt on Saturday.Tapescript
Conversation 2 Anna: Hello, Mary! Can you come to my party on Saturday? Mary: Id love to.
Conversation 3 Anna: May, can you come to my party tomorrow? Mary: Im sorry. I have to help my mom.
Conversation 4 Anna: Claudia, can you come to my party on Saturday?Claudia: Im sorry. Im going to the movies.
Conversation 5 Anna: Say, Paul. Can you come to my party on Saturday? Paul: Id love to.
2c PAIRWORKHey, Gina, can you go to the movies on Saturday?
Im sorry, I cant. I have too much homework this weekend.
Thats too bad. Maybe another time.
Sure, Joe. Thanks for asking.
1. Thats too bad .2. Maybe another time . Maybe next time . 3. another/the other/others/the othersanother another + n.() eg. This coat is too big. Please show me another one.2) the other one,the other ,......, eg. I have two pens . One is black, the other is red.
3) others=other + n. (pl.) , someothers. . eg. Lei Feng was always ready to help others(=other + people)4) the others=the other + n. (pl.) ,, eg. There are sixty-two students in our class, one third are girls, the others (=the other students) are boys. another , eg. another three books=three other/more books
4. Thanks. =Thank you. Thanks a lot. =Thank you very much. 5. Thanks for +n. /pron. /v-ing eg. Thanks for your letter. =Thank you for your letter. Thanks for helping me. Thanks for asking(=inviting me/your invitation). Thanks for telling me about it.
6. play ,(a/an/the),the. eg. play soccer/basketball/volleyball play the guitar/violin/piano7. go/come to+, eg. go to the concert come to the party8. too many+ [c] n.(pl.) too much+[u]n. much too+adj./adv. eg. too many books/friends too much water/money much too cold/expencive
9.ask:(1) ask sb to sw./to do sth.---invite sb. to sw./to do sth. eg. I asked them to dinner. We asked him to give us a talk. (2) , ask sb sth. eg. They asked me the time.(3) ,, ask about eg. I asked him about my son.(4) ask sb for sth eg. He asked his teacher for some advice.(5) () eg. He asked 5 for the book.5.(6) ask sb.(not) to do sth.() eg. The teacher asked us (not) to play games.
.:( ) 1.He doesnt play __ basketball well,but he plays ___ piano wonderfully. A. the,/ B.the,the C./,the D./,/( ) 2.Thanks___ telling me that. A. of B. for C. With D. at( ) 3.I dont like this walkman. Please show me ___one. A.other B.the other C.another D.the another( )4.There is__ice outside,so its___cold. A.too much ;much too B.too much;too many C. much too;too muchD.too many; too muchCBCA
.Ted: Hi,Bill. _1__Bill: This afternoon?Yes,I am.Ted: We are going to have a baseball game._2__Bill: __3_But Im afraid I cant. I have to go to the docdor.Ted: To go to the doctor?Why? Whats the matter?Bill: I have a sore back.Ted: Im sorry to hear tha t.___4_Bill:Sure.__5__A.Are you free this afternoon?B.Thanks for asking. C.Yes, Id love to.D.Maybe another time. E.Would you like to come?
3a Fill in the blanks.Lisa: Hi, Simon, ____ you come to my ______________?Simon: ______ is it?Lisa: Its ________________ at __________.Simon: Great! Id love to!birthday partyWhenon Friday,June 30four-thirtycan
Ask your friends to come to your Birthday Party .
InvitationIts a birthday Party!From whom: JackTime: This Sunday, at 7:00Place: Jacks house, 56 Zhongshan RoadCome and join us.
You are going to have a party on Sunday afternoon. First list your friends names you want to invite. Next go to invite them, find out who can come, who cant come. Then fill in the chart.Task!
Can you come to my party on Sunday afternoon?
NameCanCantReasonsLilycantstudy for a test
Explanation1.invite:(1) invite sb. to sw.---ask sb. to sw. eg. He invited many people to his house.(2) invite sb. to do sth.---ask sb.to do sth. eg. He also invited a singer to sing for his friends.(3) invitati