Can you come to my party?. Section A Listen to the song ! And tell me if you can come to my party? Can you come to my party?
Post on 18-Jan-2016
Listen to the song ! And tell me if you can come to my party?Can you come to my party?
I have to have a piano lesson.
I have to study for a test.
I have to help my parents
I have to go to the doctor.
I have to visit my aunt.
1a Match the words with the pictures.1. study for a test 2. help my parents 3. go to the doctor4. visit my aunt5. have a piano lesson
1b Listening TedTimKayAnnaWilson
Sun Ning: Hey, Ted. Can you come to my party on Saturday afternoon? Ted: Im sorry, I cant, Sun Ning. I have to help my parents.Tapescript
Sun Ning: Too bad. How about you, Carlos? Can you come to my party? Carlos: Id love to.Sun Ning: Tim? Can you come to my party?
Tim: Oh, no, I cant. I have to study for a test.Sun Ning: What about you, Wilson? Wilson: Sorry, I have to go to the doctor.Sun Ning: Anna, can you come?
Anna: I cant Sun Ning. I have to visit my aunt. Kay: I cant either, Sun Ning. I have a piano lesson.Sun Ning: Thats too bad, Kay. Oh, maybe next time. What a small party!
A: Can you come to my party on Wednesday?B: Sure, Id love to.C: Sorry, I cant. I have a piano lesson.D: Im sorry, too. I have to go to the doctor.
Explanation 1. can OK./All right./Sure./ Of course./Certainly./ Yes(Sure),Id love(like) to. Sorry,cant.(+) eg . Can you come to the party? Yes/Sure,Id love/like to. Sorry,Icant. I have to help my parents.
: 1) Could /Will/Would you come to the party? 2) Would you like /love to come to the party? 3) I hope you come to the party. 4) Please come to the party. 5) How/What about coming to the party? cant eg. He can swim,but I cant. How long can you stay under water? eg. Can he come ?No,he cant come.
2.have tocan , may must should 14,have tohas to ,had to,
He should study hard . He has to study hard . 24, not
can: Can he go with us ? He cant go with us . have todo , has todoes , have to had todid, have to
1 2 1: They have to go to the party . Do they have to go to the party ? Yes , they do . They dont have to go to the party.
2He has to go to see the doctor . Does he have to go to see the doctor? Yes , he does . He doesnt have to go to see the doctor .
3 She had to have a piano lesson yesterday. Did she have to have a piano lesson yesterday? Yes, she did . She didnt have to have a piano lesson yesterday.
2.have to musteg. If one gets ill,hell have to see a doctor. She has to go to school by bus. We must go to school on time. ---Must I finish the homework now ? ---Yes, you must./No,you neednt(dont have to). You mustnt play football in the classroom.
3. I have to help my parents . help sb. with sth .help sb (to) do sth . I have to help my parents with the housework . I have to help my parents (to) do the housework .
4. have 1) have a rest/look/swim/walk2)have a meeting/class/lesson/drink /party3)have breakfast/lunch/supper(dinner)/meals4)have a good time/have fun (in) doing sth.5)have a try 6) have sth onbe wearing eg. But he has nothing on.7) have/let/make sb.do sth.=get sb.to do sth.8) have sth.doneeg. I have the students answer my questions.Tim will have his hair cut tomorrow. Tim
( ).---Can you come to my birthday?---____. A. Yes,I cant. B.Sorry, I cant. C.No,I can. D.Sorry,I can.( ). ---Can you come to my house? ---Sure,___ A.Id love to. B.Id love C.Id like. D.I cant( )Im too tired,so I ___ sit down and rest every five minutes. A. must B.must to C.have D.have to( )Id love___shopping with my mother. A.going B.goes C.to go D.went( ) 5.I already had to___ when I was your age. A.working B.to work C.works D.workBAACD
1. Jeff can / cant come to the party.2. Marry can / cant come to the party.3. May can / cant come to the party.4. Claudia can / cant come to the party.5. Paul can / cant come to the party.Circle can or cant2a Listeningcancantcantcantcan
Conversation 1 Anna: Hi, Jeff! Can you come to my party on Saturday? Jeff: Im sorry, I cant. I have to visit my aunt on Saturday.Tapescript
Conversation 2 Anna: Hello, Mary! Can you come to my party on Saturday? Mary: Id love to.
Conversation 3 Anna: May, can you come to my party tomorrow? Mary: Im sorry. I have to help my mom.
Conversation 4 Anna: Claudia, can you come to my party on Saturday?Claudia: Im sorry. Im going to the movies.
Conversation 5 Anna: Say, Paul. Can you come to my party on Saturday? Paul: Id love to.
2c PAIRWORKHey, Gina, can you go to the movies on Saturday?
Im sorry, I cant. I have too much homework this weekend.
Thats too bad. Maybe another time.
Sure, Joe. Thanks for asking.
1. Thats too bad .2. Maybe another time . Maybe next time . 3. another/the other/others/the othersanother another + n.() eg. This coat is too big. Please show me another one.2) the other one,the other ,......, eg. I have two pens . One is black, the other is red.
3) others=other + n. (pl.) , someothers. . eg. Lei Feng was always ready to help others(=other + people)4) the others=the other + n. (pl.) ,, eg. There are sixty-two students in our class, one third are girls, the others (=the other students) are boys. another , eg. another three books=three other/more books
4. Thanks. =Thank you. Thanks a lot. =Thank you very much. 5. Thanks for +n. /pron. /v-ing eg. Thanks for your letter. =Thank you for your letter. Thanks for helping me. Thanks for asking(=inviting me/your invitation). Thanks for telling me about it.
6. play ,(a/an/the),the. eg. play soccer/basketball/volleyball play the guitar/violin/piano7. go/come to+, eg. go to the concert come to the party8. too many+ [c] n.(pl.) too much+[u]n. much too+adj./adv. eg. too many books/friends too much water/money much too cold/expencive
9.ask:(1) ask sb to sw./to do sth.---invite sb. to sw./to do sth. eg. I asked them to dinner. We asked him to give us a talk. (2) , ask sb sth. eg. They asked me the time.(3) ,, ask about eg. I asked him about my son.(4) ask sb for sth eg. He asked his teacher for some advice.(5) () eg. He asked 5 for the book.5.(6) ask sb.(not) to do sth.() eg. The teacher asked us (not) to play games.
.:( ) 1.He doesnt play __ basketball well,but he plays ___ piano wonderfully. A. the,/ B.the,the C./,the D./,/( ) 2.Thanks___ telling me that. A. of B. for C. With D. at( ) 3.I dont like this walkman. Please show me ___one. A.other B.the other C.another D.the another( )4.There is__ice outside,so its___cold. A.too much ;much too B.too much;too many C. much too;too muchD.too many; too muchCBCA
.Ted: Hi,Bill. _1__Bill: This afternoon?Yes,I am.Ted: We are going to have a baseball game._2__Bill: __3_But Im afraid I cant. I have to go to the docdor.Ted: To go to the doctor?Why? Whats the matter?Bill: I have a sore back.Ted: Im sorry to hear tha t.___4_Bill:Sure.__5__A.Are you free this afternoon?B.Thanks for asking. C.Yes, Id love to.D.Maybe another time. E.Would you like to come?
3a Fill in the blanks.Lisa: Hi, Simon, ____ you come to my ______________?Simon: ______ is it?Lisa: Its ________________ at __________.Simon: Great! Id love to!birthday partyWhenon Friday,June 30four-thirtycan
Ask your friends to come to your Birthday Party .
InvitationIts a birthday Party!From whom: JackTime: This Sunday, at 7:00Place: Jacks house, 56 Zhongshan RoadCome and join us.
You are going to have a party on Sunday afternoon. First list your friends names you want to invite. Next go to invite them, find out who can come, who cant come. Then fill in the chart.Task!
Can you come to my party on Sunday afternoon?
NameCanCantReasonsLilycantstudy for a test
Explanation1.invite:(1) invite sb. to sw.---ask sb. to sw. eg. He invited many people to his house.(2) invite sb. to do sth.---ask sb.to do sth. eg. He also invited a singer to sing for his friends.(3) invitation to somewhere /to do sth./ eg. an invitation to the party to go to the summer camp
2.:(1), ,eg.He was born on Friday,January 5th,1990.(2),,,,,eg.I saw the film on Friday evening last week. They arrived at five oclock yesterday afternoon.
3. join(1) join+/ eg. I joined the Party 20 years ago. (2) join sb eg. Id like to join you. We will have a party tomorrow.Please join us. (3) join in+=take part in+ eg. My girl friend asked me to join in/take part in her birthday party.(4) join sb. in (doing)sth. eg. Would you join us in playing football? Her husband joined her in cooking the dinner. Can you join us in the game?
4. well (1) adj. eg.---How are you?---Im very well.(2) adv. eg. He sings well.(3) interj.1), eg. Well,here we are at last.2) eg. Well, bad luck!3), eg. Well,who would have thought it?4),, ; eg. Well,what about it?5), , eg. Well, whos your English teacher?
,:1.Thanks a lot for inviting me for your party.________ A B C D2.I cant join in you because I have to look after A B C Dmy brother. __________3.This is half past seven now.__________ A B C D4.I dont know with who theyre talking.__________ A B C D5.Come to the party and have a fun.____________ A B C D(D) to(B) join(A) It(B) whom(D) fun
1c PAIRWORK A : Whats today? B : Its Monday the 14th.
1. : today tonight tomorrow Explanation
the day after tomorrow yesterday the day before yesterday two days ago the year before last after three weeks =three weeks later in two years
2. Whats the date today? What date is it today? 11 5 Its November 5; November 5th; November the 5th
3. : What day is (it) today? Its Monday. Monday ; Tuesday ; Wednesday ; Thursday Friday ; Saturday Sunday
4. : Whats today? ,? Its Monday,the 28th. 28,
No2a ListeningCan Vince play tennis with Andy?
TapescriptAndy: Hi, Vince?Vince: Yeah, hi, Andy!Andy: Vince, can you play tennis with me?Vince: Uh, when?Andy: Today.
Vince: Uh, no, sorry, I cant. I have to go to the doctor and study for a test today.Andy: How about tomorrow?Vince: Sorry, tomorrow Im playing soccer and I have a piano lesson.
Andy: Oh. Well, what are you doing the day after tomorrow?Vince: I have to babysit my sister.Andy: Oh, I see.Vince: Im sorry, Andy. Im really busy this week!
3a Read the e-mail massage. Then complete Sonias calendar below. cousins birthday partytennis trainingdentist
go to the moviesstudy for a/herchemistry test
Explanation1.Really1 adv. adj.&adv. eg. The question looked very easy,but it was really the hardest one.2interj. eg. ---I hear theyll get married next month! ---Oh,really!
2. call/ring/telephone/phone sb.call/ring sb. upgive sb.a call/ring make a telephone call to sb. eg. Please call/ ring/telephone/phone me. =Please call/ring me up. =Please give me a call/ring. =Please make a telephone call to me. Who called you just now?
Fill in the blanks with the words given . Change the form of the word if necessary. Then make your own sentences with the word.Self check
play come have to study visitMy American friends is going to _____ me next vacation.2. Are you _______ football this weekend.visitplaying
3.I cant join you because I _______ help my mom on weekdays.4.Please keep quiet! Im trying to _____.5.Do you want to _____ to my birthday Party?have tostudycome
1. keep+adj. eg. keep busy/open/healthy/closed()2. come over, come over to; eg. Come over!Heres a seat for you. He came over from France last week. Can you come over to my school for a visit? ?Explanation
3. whole adj.+cn.&n.,, , all adj.+cn.&un.,, eg. the whole afternoon =all the afternoon the whole day= all day my whole life=all my life All the students are here. It snowed for three whole days
4. discuss v. talk about n.discussion discuss n./pron. doing sth. eg. Lets discuss /talk about the plan /it. Are the boys discussing/talking about who should do it? They discuss going to Shanghai.
5. free:(1) be free have time be busy eg. Im busy at the moment,but Ill be free this evening. (2) , eg.They can enjoy a free lunch at school. You are free now. (3) be free to do sth. eg. You are free to travel around the world. Youre free to do anything on Sunday.
6. fish: (1) v. , go fishing (2) n.[u]n. There is some fish on the plate. [c] n. 1) eg. one fish ten fish 2) eg. many kinds of fishes
7.house,family,homehouse ,, eg. His house is near a market. Welcome to my house.family ,, eg. My family is a big one. My family are watching TV.home eg. I leave home at seven every morning. I was born in Dazu,but now I look on Shuangqiao as my home.............
:( ) 1. ---Whats today?---Its ___. A. the 15th Monday B. Monday the 15th C.the 2th Tuesday D.Tuesday the 1th( )2. Please keep ___.The baby____. A. quietly;sleeps B. quiet;sleep C. quiet;is sleeping D. quietly;is sleeping( )3. Your room was so dirty.It took me the ____afternoon to clean it. A. all B. every C. whole D. eachBCC
( ) 4. I have no time to see you.I have a ___ busy day . A. real B. really C. much D. many ( )5.Come ___ to my house___Sunday evening and we will have a good time together. A. on;on B.over;on C.on;/ D.over;/( )6.She was born in Wuhan,but Beijing has become her second___. A. home B.family C. house D.place( )7.---Could I have ___cake,mum? ---Yes,help yourself. A.other B.another C.more D.the otherBBAB
., 1.Thank you very much for asking me to your party. _______ a lot for asking me to your party.Thanks
2. Ill give her the message. Ill give the message ___ her.3. He handed her the letter. He handed the letter ___ her.4. I am here and Polly is here, too. I am here and ___ is Polly.
to to so
5. She is fine, and Joan is fine, too. She is fine, and ___ is Joan.6. He has a blue shirt, and Tom has a blue shirt, too. He has a blue shirt, and ___ has/does Tom.soso