am. heart sulzer presentation
out of 31
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONI have been a fan of slideshare but am posting for the first time. This is tomorrows introduction to wellness to on behalf of the Am. Heart Assoc.
- 3. What is Wellness?
- Current Health Care or SICK care is treating illness, disease or injury after we become afflicted with something
- Wellness is preventing it from happening in the first place.
- 4. We know. You know!!!
- Preventable illness makes up approximately 70 percent of the burden of illness and the associated costs in this country.*
- OKLAHOMA is at the top of almost every unhealthy statistics list out there!
- * Source: 2006 Society of Human Resources Survey
- *** Source: National Business Group on Health
- 5. 20 pounds
- If your employees gained 2 pounds a year for a decade..that's 20 lbs.
- They could lose more than 20 pounds in a year by losing only just a pound a week.
- That is just eating 1600 calories less a week and/or burning it off through exercise! (225 calories a day)
- In another 10 years- 20 lbs becomes 40 lbs and now your people are in the high risk group.
- 6. We must be patient!
- Understand first that we gained our heart pounding extra weight and developed our chronic health problems slowly..
- The solution will seem slow on a daily basis but annually can really be significant
- Behavior change takes time we gained the weight due to need for instant gratification
- Weight loss is a delayed gratification process
- 7. What do we do about it?
- CHANGE the environment!
- Reinvent the culture!
- Inspire change to more positive behaviors!
- Get people moving!
- Good choices lead to more good choices!
- Instill hope in those who have given up!
- Grass roots ACTION without Gimmicks!
- 8. Why START, Why Walking?
- Is the #1 doctor prescribed health improvement initiative.
- Is one of the easiest ways to be physically active. You can do it almost anywhere and at any time.
- Gives you more energy and make you feel good by simply improving and revving your circulation
- Reduces stress and stress is partially responsible for many health issues.
- 9. Why keep walking?
- Increases the number of calories your body uses. The effect is weight loss!
- Strengthens your bones and muscles.
- Lowers your risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Helps you improve your body image, awareness and confidence .
- Leads to new and more challenging fitness goals
- 10. Easy changes
- 10 am and 3 pm Walk breaks
- Healthy Lunch Walks
- On site biometric equipment - BP / Scales
- Healthy foods and Fresh fruit- NO More POP!
- Friendly Walk challenges between a neighbor company
- 25% healthy options at every opportunity
- Pedometers with real tracking
- 11. The Value
- A journey of commitment, friendly motivating contests, and positive lifestyle change.
- An energized climate of movement and exercise.
- An office full of internal champions with stories of challenge, and achievement.
- 12. Wellness-In our Office
- A recent survey revealed that 90% of our staff is taking action toward healthier living.
- 13.2% Dramatic changes
- 42.1% Big changes
- 26.3 % Small changes
- 13.2% Impacting my life
- 13. Destination America Statistics
- 83% of our employees participated at some level.
- Almost 100 million steps taken in 10 months, 25 million aerobic steps
- 4 million calories burned total
- 2.4 million grams of fat- 800 lbs We have lost nearly 400 actual pounds
- 14. Destination America
- Over 50,000 miles TRUE Miles walked
- More than twice the distance around the world!
- Our entire participating base was not below sedentary (5000 steps) 71% of the time!
- 49% achieved 1000 miles or more!
- Amazing for year 1 of a program!
- 15. Heart Basics
- Your heart will beat an average of 100,000 times per day. In that time, it pumps more than 4,300 gallons of blood throughout your entire body. 35 million beats per year.
- This means that in a persons life lasting 70 to 90 years, the heart beats approximately two to three billion times and pumps 50 to 65 million gallons of blood.
- 16. Why all of the sudden?
- A heart attack occurs suddenly without much warning.
- But the coronary artery disease, the underlying cause for the heart attack, had been brewing for many years.
- So, what happened to cause the sudden heart attack?
- 17. Risk factors that cannot be changed
- A past heart attack or stroke
- Family history of heart disease
- Male and 45 or older Female and 55 or older
- 18. Risk factors that CAN be changed
- High blood pressure
- High risk cholesterol numbers
- Obesity or being over weight
- Lack of physical activity
- Having diabetes and /or high cholesterol
- High blood sugar and triglycerides
- 40 plus inch waist
- 19. Self care and prevention
- Regular medical check ups
- Track your blood pressure
- Improve your overall health
- Lose 10 lbs at least!
- Consider aspirin therapy, ask you DR.
- Watch your salt intake
- Learn to relax
- Drink in moderation
- Listen to your body
- 20. The 5 Method to a healthy life
- Copy this and tape it to you alarm clock, put it on the fridge, in your purse, on your screen saver, program them in your phone ANYWHERE
- 21. 5 -servings of fruits and vegetables a DAY.
- A Smoothie or fruit with your breakfast
- Banana at 10 am
- A salad or veggie rich lunch
- An apple in the Afternoon
- Veggies or Salad with dinner
- 22. 5 -12-16 oz bottles/glasses of water a day-
- Drink this water in between your meals or snacks, dont count the water you add when exercising! your weight in oz.
- OR Big person 80 oz- little person 64 oz
- 23. 5 sessions of Exercise 20 to 45 minutes a week
- Aerobic is best, Any continuous step getting activity that you can do injury or pain free and enjoy!
- 24. 5-sessions of 5 min
View more >
CPT ANSI Process Pumps - PROCESS MAIN...The Heart of Your Process CPT ANSI Process Pumps Sulzer Pumps
Understanding Pump Curves Sulzer Pumps - SWOWEA Â Â· Sulzer Pumps The Heart of Your Process Understanding Pump Curves Presenter: ... Design Flow Design Head The pump will always runs at this
MSD Multi-Stage Dual Volute Pumps Sulzer Multi-Stage Dual Volute Pumps Sulzer Pumps The Heart of Your Process
Zielführende Kommunikation als Erfolgsmerkmal am Beispiel ... ?· CHF 3.8 Mia. Für Sulzer AG und angeschlossene…
Shengli Oilfield Delegation / Sulzer Pumps CSS Oilfield Delegation / Sulzer Pumps CSS presentation Sulzer Pumps SPDE Berlin Adlershof / Status Nov. 2010 Georges Wilkerling Dirk Kllmey | 05.10.2010 ... SULZER PUMPS Products for the Sulzer Pumps