University timetable generator using tabu search
out of 19
Post on 22-Jan-2018
- 1. Meet the Team Md. Anower Perves ID: 2012000000030 Zunayed Shahriar ID: 2012000000026 Tanzila Islam ID: 2012000000022 Monirul Hasan Lecturer & Coordinator, Dept. of CSE Team Supervisor 2
- 2. Outline Overview Demo of the Topic Timetable Expectations Tabu Search Requirement Analysis Complexity Scoring Advantage 3 Constraints
- 3. Timetable What is Timetable? Why its need for? How can computers help? 4
- 4. Expectations To implement core function of a bigger system using Tabu Search (another team: CSP). Is there any way to solve this problem using different algorithms? 5
- 5. Tabu Search What is Tabu Search? How it Works? Relation with the topic? 6
- 6. Tabu Search 7
- 7. Requirement Analysis 8 How a department maintain their routine now? - Manual - Faculty Preference - Time Consuming work
- 8. Requirement Analysis 9 What types of problem arises while making a routine? - Conflicts - Course Load - Faculty Initial Problem - Time - Room & Resource Problem - Faculty Preference
- 9. Requirement Analysis 10 Whats their needs? - Conflicts free schedule - Server input faculty preference - To reduce time consuming work - Automated course scheduling software
- 10. Constraints 11 Time conflicts (Ex: Teacher & Student) Room assignment problem Distance problem (Ex: Campus to Campus) Room capacity Resource Problem (Ex: Room, Projector)
- 11. Complexity 12 Section assigning Faculty assigning (Ex:TBD) Room suitability (Ex: Projector) Availability of courses Faculty Preference Scheduling time
- 12. Scoring 13 How to score? -Hard Constraints -Soft Constraints Why need scoring?
- 13. Advantage 14 Automation Limited effort Solving problem Saving time Conflict Solution
- 14. Class Diagrams 15 Hibernate for ORM Class Diagram
- 15. Class Diagrams 16
- 16. So Far Implementation Done 17
- 17. Conclusion 18 This will be a package which will help to solve the exam & course timetabling for a university. The use of Tabu Search algorithms will be allowed to obtain high quality solutions in very short computing times. This will produce high quality results for large instances.
- 18. 19
View more >
Reactive Tabu Search Contents 1.A brief review of search techniques 2.Tabu Search 3.Reactive Tabu Search.
Tabu Search - sci2s.ugr.es ? Tabu´ Fred Glover Leeds School of Business University of Colorado at Boulder…