the pursuit of happiness 6
Post on 09-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.The Pursuit of Happiness
2. The pursuit to happiness is paved with spiritual disciplines.The Pursuit of Happiness 3. Confession:To speak the same thing or to agree.Specifically, we agree with God that our sin is rebellious.The Pursuit of Happiness 4. Self Examination:To to look at oneself to see if there is any sinful way within us.The Pursuit of Happiness 5. 1.Joy and HAPPINESS come from knowing we are clean before God.The Pursuit of Happiness 6. 1 John 1:9If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. 7. 2.Un-confessed sin: * Results in UNANSWERED PRAYER. The Pursuit of Happiness 8. Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. 9. Un-confessed sin: *Results in the consequences of DISCIPLINE.The Pursuit of Happiness 10. Ps 32 when I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable.day and night Your hand of discipline was heavy upon me. 11. Un-confessed sin: * Gives Satan an opportunity for a foothold in your life.The Pursuit of Happiness 12. The Pursuit of Happiness
- Develop the discipline of confession.
- Practice Self Examination.
- Seek an accountability partner
- Get input from your spouse
- Agree with God about your sin
- Confess to a spiritual mentor
- Confess quickly
13. There is an attitude that characterizes true confession: HUMILITY.The Pursuit of Happiness 14. Hosea 6:(Israel says) come, let us return to the Lord.He has torn us to pieces, now He will heal us 15. Hosea 14:(God says) Return to the Lord for your sins have brought you down.Say to Him:forgive our sins and graciously receive us 16. Hosea 14: never again will we call on the idols we have made our gods .The Lord says:Then I will heal you