steven's pursuit of happiness
Post on 30-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is my presentation of my pursuit of happiness.
2. This Slide About The Declaration Of Independence Author
- Thomas Jefferson was born at Shadwell Albemarle county, Virginia.
- To write the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson drew largely from two works, one of them his own, which was called "A Summary View of the Rights of British America." He wrote this document in 1774 and it was widely circulated amongst the Revolutionaries. The popularity of this document was one reason why he was chosen to write the Declaration.
- Jefferson studied law and mathematics in college and spent most of his years in congress as a silent member. Attacking Federalist policies, he made a strong centralized Government and championed the rights of states. and became president.
3. What The Pursuit Of Happiness Means
- The pursuit of happiness is the most famous phrase in the Declaration of Independence. original history and popular wisdom believe the phrase to the genius of Thomas Jefferson when in an imaginative leap, he replaced the third term of John Lockes trinity, life, liberty, and property. It was a shocking substitution. Yet the true history of the famous phrase are apparently unknown.
- The pursuit of happiness mean that all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity.
4. Stevens Pursuit of Happiness 5. Where I Go To School
- I go to Calvine high school and I'm in the 12 thgrade.
- I like the environment of the schooland the way the teachers teach.
- The time schedule is the best part of this school for me.
6. Something I Like To Do
- for my pursuit of happiness I set goals for myself and follow what I like to do best.
- My family and friends are the most important to me but what else is important to me is pursuing the goals I have set for myself In life and school.
7. The Best Thing About Me
- I'm a strong willed person and almost always put other people before myself.
8. If I Ran For President
- I would put more military personal in the war for safety reasons because the more people you have the safer you will be and I believe it will prevent more deaths.
9. My Most Important Individual Right
- I believe my most important right is freedom of religion and speech so I can say what I feel is right and pick what ever religion I want or not even pick a religion if I dont want to.
10. Citizens Responsibilities Are
- To have a job and help the city and country run properly and to have a say in what is going on in the cities or country.
11. What Can We Do To Make The World A Better Place
- People can learn to except each others personal beliefs and not pick on others differences and not fight over things that shouldnt be fought over.
12. My Future
- in the next five years I see my self getting out of the military and going into a job with law enforcement.
- To get there I am going to join the marines and try my hardest in everything I do and pursue my dream in being a sheriff.