nonnie's pursuit of happiness
out of 12
Post on 10-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhat Is The Pursuit Of Happiness?
- 1. The Pursuit of Happiness
- 2. Thomas Jefferson Author of the Declaration of Independence
- - Thomas Jefferson was from Shadwell in Albemarle county, Virginia.
- - The writings of English philosopher, John Locke, and political writer, Thomas Paine, inspired Jefferson to write the document.
- -Thomas Jefferson was also a Jurist, diplomat, writer, inventor, philosopher, architect, gardener, negotiator of the Louisiana Purchase, and Father of the University of Virginia.
- 3. What is the meaning of Pursuit of Happiness?
- -Some believe that the famous phrase is based on the writings of English philosopher John Locke, who expressed that "no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions."
- -The famous phrase means that everyone has the freedom to go after the things that make them happy in life. The key word is pursuit. It doesn't guarantee happiness, just an ability to pursue it.
- 4. My Pursuit of Happiness
- 5. I Attend Calvine High School
- - I actually enjoy going to school everyday to learn new things.
- - The students here are really nice.
- - The teachers that work here are an excellent help.
- 6. What I like to do . . .
- - I like to hang out with friends. It makes me happy and I have a lot of fun.
- - My mom has to be the most important person to me because shes there no matter the situation or problem.
- 7. The Best Thing About Me
- - I am a quick learner and not afraid to try new things. I try my best in everything I try, so I always do a good job.
- 8. If I Ran For President . . .
- - I would definitely end the war because all of the money we are wasting over there we could be using to help get homeless people off the streets and help cities overcome poverty.
- 9. What is My Most Important Individual Right?
- - Right to A Trial By Jury .
- Because anyone can say you did something and try to pin it on you, but when a third party looks at it, they find out the truth.
- 10. Citizens Responsibilities Are . . .
- - To help one another when knowing someone is in need of help.
- - Obey all of the laws to keep order and stability to our city and state.
- - Respect others and their property no matter the situation.
- 11. Some Things We Can Do To Make The World A Better Place Are . . .
- - Have Patience.
- - Be kind to others.
- - Respect other peoples space.
- - Have and show respect at all times.
- - Say please and thank you.
- - Put a smile on.
- 12. My Future
- - In the next 5 years I will be living in Miami, Florida and I will be working at one of the greatest hospitals as a pediatrician.
- - I will reach that goal by attending Sierra College in Rocklin for two years then transferring to a University.
View more >
In Pursuit of Happiness: the Cultural Psychological web.ba.ntu.edu.tw/luolu/In Pursuit of Happiness…
and the Pursuit of Happiness - iea.org.uk Pursuit of... · and the pursuit of happiness about the authors…