The Nazi Holocaust The Nazis’ genocide of Jews. Contents Def. of Genocide and The Holocaust Jews living in Europe Germany and anti-Semitism Reasons.
out of 32
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- The Nazi Holocaust The Nazis genocide of Jews
- Slide 2
- Contents Def. of Genocide and The Holocaust Jews living in Europe Germany and anti-Semitism Reasons for the Holocaust The Nazis anti-Semitic racial policy The Ghettos Camps/ Auschwitz& Birkenau Liberation & Beyond References
- Slide 3
- Def. of Genocide and The Holocaust Genocide: The Holocaust : any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group the Nazis systematic genocide of among 6 million Jews during 1938-1945 http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/index.html http://www.holocaust-education.dk/holocaust/hvadhvemhvor.asp
- Slide 4
- Jews living in Europe http://www.brown.edu/Courses/HI0135/Documents/Nazigenmaps.htm http://www.holocaust.com.au/jn/j_maps.htm 1 2
- Slide 5
- Jews living in Europe 1st: map of the age of the European Jewish communities in 1939. Most of them including Germany have existed for many years. 2nd: map of Jewish population in 1939 in Europe.
- Slide 6
- Germany and anti-Semitism anti Jewish sentiment the Nazis used to carry out the persecution & later extermination of the European Jews http://www.holocaust-education.dk/baggrund/antisemitisme.asp 1 2
- Slide 7
- 3 4 5 6
- Slide 8
- Germany and anti-Semitism 1st: Caricature of Jews preference for money and power in Germany. 2nd: Jews persecuted and murdered in the Middle Ages. 3rd: Pseudo-scientific measuring to define the Jews as inferior, threatening the purity of the German, master race.
- Slide 9
- Germany and anti-Semitism 4th: The stab-in-the-back legend: The Jews got blamed for Germanys defeat in World War . 5th: Caricature depicting Jews threatening Europe, causing economic crisis in 1930s. 6th: Malevolent caricature even appeared on the childrens books.
- Slide 10
- Reasons for the Holocaust Its fundamentally based on Anti-Semitism (hostility toward the difference in religion & Jews taking over the money lending business) Economic: Nazis confiscated property of Jews and sent it into the Treasury of the State to recover from economic crisis. http://kin.naver.com/db/detail.php?d1id=6&dir_id=607&eid=tm88ihPRoudfNh2JLYVlFZQf5hW4PHLj&ts=1129990030
- Slide 11
- Reasons for the Holocaust Military: Nazis developed the military employing SA&SS, buying war supplies, conscripting the army through property confiscated from Jews. Political: using hatred of Jews, induced dissatisfaction of German society to it of Jews, justified the dictatorship of Hitler, evoked the pride of racial identity.
- Slide 12
- The Nazis anti-Semitic racial policy 1933-34: Boycott of Jewish stores & the Jews are not allowed to work as: civil servants, professors, journalists, artists 1930's: Physical attacks on Jewish property and people 1935-39: Jewish property is confiscated, Jews had to emigrate from Germany 1939-40: Ghettos are established in Poland 1941: The first organized mass murders (by shooting)& the first gassings (using gassing trucks), Gas chambers and crematoria under construction 1942: Extermination camps are established and Jews are deported there. http://www.holocaust-education.dk/baggrund/antisemitisme.asp#Nazisterne%20og%20antisemitisme.asp
- Slide 13
- http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/holoc aust.htm http://www.holocaust.com.au/jn/n_maps.htm http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h- boycott.htm 1 2 3
- Slide 14
- The Nazis anti-Semitic racial policy 1st: Nazis racism in Jews was soon accepted by many Germans. 2nd: Nazi storm troopers block the entrance to a Jewish-owned store. 3rd: Adolf Hitler salutes SS troops on parade while SS Leader Himmler watches.
- Slide 15
- The Ghettos http://www.brown.edu/Cours es/HI0135/Documents/Nazig enmaps.htm http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/holo caust.htm 12 3
- Slide 16
- The Ghettos 1st: map of Jewish Ghettos in Europe. 2nd: Jews in Vienna forced to scrub sidewalks. 3rd: Jewish children in the Lodz Ghetto on their way toward the Chelmno Extermination Camp.
- Slide 17
- Camps Concentration camps (1933-1945) imprisoned people in camps because of their otherness or in order to use them for forced labor; many purposes Extermination camps (1941-1945) were constructed with one purpose: to mass murder Jews and others (six extermination camps, 3 million Jews were killed) Combined camps: Auschwitz-Birkenau http://www.holocaust-education.dk/lejre /
- Slide 18
- http:// www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust / 1
- Slide 19
- http://www.ushmm.org/outreach/eur78940.htm 2
- Slide 20
- http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h-dach-early.htm http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h-warsaw.htm 3 4 5
- Slide 21
- http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h-einz- 42.htm http://www.holocaust-education.dk/lejre/udryddelseslejre.asp 6 http://fcit.coedu.usf.edu/holocaust/resource/gallery/CampMisc.h tm 7 8
- Slide 22
- Camps 1st: map of concentration and extermination camps 2nd: map of deportations to extermination camps in occupied Poland; Jews from Germany& German-occupied Europe were deported.
- Slide 23
- Camps 3rd: A prisoner in Dachau wearing a triangle patch identification on his chest. 4th: A chart of prisoner triangle identification markings used in Nazi concentration camps for guards to easily see which type of prisoner was. 5th: Jewish families arrested in Warsaw Ghetto to be gassed at Treblinka extermination camp.
- Slide 24
- Camps 6th: The last Jew left alive at Vinica, Ukraine is about to be shot by SS man, as he kneels on the edge of a mass grave. 7th: Bodies are burned in Auschwitz in the summer of 1944. 8th: Crematory.
- Slide 25
- Auschwitz& Birkenau functioned as a concentration camp & became the largest killing center more than 1 million Jews were gassed to death
- Slide 26
- http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h- ausch-air.htm http://www.holocaust.com.au/mm/c_flowchart.htm 1 2 3
- Slide 27
- Auschwitz& Birkenau 1st: Aerial view of Auschwitz-Birkenau taken by the U.S. Army 2nd: Aerial view of Birkenau extermination camp
- Slide 28
- Auschwitz& Birkenau 3rd: When the victims arrived to the extermination camps in overcrowded trains, men are separated from women (among survivors); the first to be gassed were the men. The SS chose those able to work, while those unable to work were sent to the gas chambers or shot. Their belongings& valuables were handed over before death or those still alive searched the bodies for after death.
- Slide 29
- Liberation & Beyond http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/h-poss.htm http://www.holocaust.com.au/lb/dm_deathtoll.htm
- Slide 30
- Liberation & Beyond 1st: map of the number of Jews murdered in Nazi-dominated Europe between 1939- 1945. 2nd: An enormous pile of clothing taken from children who were gassed at Auschwitz.
- Slide 31
- Liberation & Beyond 3rd: Bales of hair shaven from women at Auschwitz, used to make felt-yarn. 4th: A stash of gold wedding rings taken from victims at Buchenwald.
- Slide 32
- References http://www.historyplace.com http://www.historyplace.com http://www.holocaust.com.au http://www.holocaust.com.au http://www.holocaust-education.dk http://www.holocaust-education.dk http://www.ushmm.org http://www.ushmm.org http://www.brown.edu/Courses/HI0135/Documents/Nazi genmaps.htm http://www.brown.edu/Courses/HI0135/Documents/Nazi genmaps.htm www.auschwitz.dk www.auschwitz.dk http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/games/nazi_genocide_timel ine/noflash.shtml http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/games/nazi_genocide_timel ine/noflash.shtml http://kin.naver.com/db/detail.php?d1id=6&dir_id=607&e id=tm88ihPRoudfNh2JLYVlFZQf5hW4PHLj&ts=1129990030 http://kin.naver.com/db/detail.php?d1id=6&dir_id=607&e id=tm88ihPRoudfNh2JLYVlFZQf5hW4PHLj&ts=1129990030
View more >
The Holocaust By Courtney C What is the Holocaust? Dictionary Definition-The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II under.
The Holocaust. The Beginning Stages Vocabulary Anti-Semitism - Prejudices toward Jews or discrimination against them. Genocide - Deliberate, systematic.
The Holocaust. Background Info. Goal of Nazi Germany: extermination of all Jews in Europe Out of 8.3 millions Jews, 6 million were killed Other victims.
The Holocaust. Hitler Moves Against the Jews 1. How many Jews lived in Germany in 1933? 2.Do the Nazis introduce anti-Semitism in Germany? 3.Why start.
The Holocaust Genocide of European Jews and others: the systematic extermination of millions of European Jews, Slavs, intellectuals, homosexual people,
JEWS TARGETED ANTI-SEMITISM- THE HATRED OF JEWS HOLOCAUST THE SYSTEMATIC MURDER OF 11 MILLION PEOPLE ACROSS EUROPE MORE THAN HALF WERE JEWS HITLER CONVINCED.
holocaust And Genocide Today - Yad ?· Holocaust and Genocide Today ... Jewish history; history of the…
Holocaust Lecture #1- The Jews of Germany. Part I. Pre 19 th Century Anti-Semitism The term ‘anti-Semitism’ Jews in Europe –Recap of their difficult position.
Jewish Persecution Nazi persecution 1941-1945. The Holocaust the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II, a program of.
HOLOCAUST Holocaust cannot be understood without understanding anti- Semitism Defined: Hatred, Contempt, Stereotyping and Fear of Jews as Jews Distinguish.
Genocide - a systematic killing of a specific group Holocaust – Genocide of Jews, Gypsies, Communists, homosexuals, and the disabled in Nazi occupied territories.
The Holocaust Anti-Semitism in Europe Treaty of… Reparations Germany Jews/ Weimar Republic Just one more shot should do it German flag German Anti-Semitism.
The Holocaust and GenocideThe Holocaust and ?· The Holocaust and GenocideThe Holocaust and Genocide…
The Holocaust is the term referred to of the mass genocide of the Jews committed by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, he was Germany’s leader.
THE HOLOCAUST. THE BEGINNING Holocaust: the Nazi attempt to kill all Jews under their control result of racist ideology of Nazis – any undesirables were.
THE HOLOCAUST OBJECTIVES: DEFINE THE TERMS HOLOCAUST AND GENOCIDE. DESCRIBE ANTI- JEWISH POLICIES PASSED BY THE NAZIS IN THE 1930’S. IDENTIFY AND DESCRIBE.
HOLOCAUST and GENOCIDE Trials - ?· HOLOCAUST AND GENOCIDE Conference is FREE and open to the public.…