san francisco unified school district 2006 proposition ?· san francisco unified school district...
Post on 01-Jul-2018
Embed Size (px)
Page 1 of 6
SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
2006 PROPOSITION A BOND PROGRAM 300 SENECA
NEW ACADEMIC CAMPUS
ADDENDUM NO. 1 PROJECT: 300 Seneca New Academic Campus DATE: May 19, 2014 New Classroom Addition 300 Seneca Ave., S.F., CA 94112 OWNER: San Francisco Unified School District 135 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94103 Notice is hereby given to all prospective bidders that plans and specifications on the subject project are modified as hereinafter set forth. This Addendum shall be attached to and form a part of the plans and specifications. All bidders must acknowledge receipt of this addendum on the Bid Form. In case of difference with previous addenda or communications, this addendum takes precedence. It is the responsibility of all bidders to notify all subcontractors from whom they request bids and from whom they accept bids of all changes contained in this addendum. PROJECT MANUAL
1. Item No. AD1-PM1 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 05500 METAL FABRICATIONS Description: Revise specification section 05500 Metal Fabrications to include the
following. 1.1.B.4. Division 07 flashing and sheet metalwork for transition from
gutters to downspouts. 2.2.N. Downspouts: Provide G-90 galvanized schedule 40 pipe with
1/4 inch hot-dip galvanized steel plate supports welded to pipe and secured to building.
2.9.B. Shop prime all other metal assemblies that are not galvanized as follows:
2.9.C. Galvanized assemblies shall be field primed.
Page 2 of 6
2. Item No. AD1-PM2 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 07620 FLASHINGS AND SHEET METALWORK Description: Revise specification section 07620 Flashings and Sheet Metalwork to
include the following.
1.1.B.1. Division 05 Metal Fabrications for downspouts. 2.1.B.3. Gutters 22 ga. 2.1.B.5. Downspouts See Section 05500 2.3.C.1.e. To be removed 2.3.C.1.f. To be removed.
3. Item No. AD1-PM3
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: SECTION 09900 METAL PAINT Description: Revise specification section 09900 Paint to include the following. 1.1.A.2.a. Field prime galvanized metal assemblies.
4. Item No. AD1-PM4 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 02300 EARTHWORK Description: Revise specification section 02300 Earthwork to include the following.
3.14.A. A soil sampling report has been prepared and is available upon request.
3.14.B. For bidding purposes, the contractor shall assume that any soil
removed from the site will need to be disposed of at a permitted Class III Waste Management Unit. The Districts Consultant will collect the necessary stockpile soil samples utilizing the current acceptance criteria from Recology Class II Hay Road Landfill located in Vacaville, California, and the Waste Management Class II/III landfill in Altamont, California. The contractor shall allow a minimum of 14 calendar days for testing and analysis. The District does not clarify, or imply, that the removed soils will meet the DTSC classification for Clean Soils at Sensitive Sites. Any additional testing above the testing that is required for disposal at a permitted Class III Waste Management Unit will be at the contractors own risk and expense.
5. Item No. AD1-PM5
Attachment: Specification 32 90 00 Reference: SECTION 32 90 00 TREE PLANTING Description: Include attached specification section 32 90 00 Tree Planting.
6. Item No. AD1-PM6 Attachment: Specification 16860
Reference: SECTION 16860 EDUCATIONAL INTERCOMMUNICATIONS AND PROGRAM SYSTEMS
Description: Replace specification section 16860 Educational Intercommunications and Program Systems with attached.
Page 3 of 6
7. Item No. AD1-PM7 Attachment: Specification 16910
Reference: SECTION 16910 FIRE DETECTION AND ALARM Description: Replace specification section 16910 Fire Alarm System with attached.
8. Item No. AD1-PM8 Attachment: Specification 02820
Reference: SECTION 02820 CHAIN LINK FENCE Description: Include attached specification section 02820 Chain Link Fence.
9. Item No. AD1-PM9 Attachment: Specification 05810
Reference: SECTION 05810 EXPANSION JOINT COVERS Description: Include attached specification section 05810 Expansion Joints.
10. Item No. AD1-PM10 Attachment: Specification 07310
Reference: SECTION 07310 ASPHALT SHINGLES Description: Include attached specification section 07310 Asphalt Shingles.
Page 4 of 6
DRAWINGS: PACKAGE A
1. Item No. AD1-D1 Attachment: CSK-1 Reference: C3.1 Description: Revised limit of work per attached CSK-1.
2. Item No. AD1-D2
Attachment: CSK-2 Reference: C4.1 Description: Storm drain layout has been revised per attached CSK-2.
3. Item No. AD1-D3
Attachment: ASK-1 Reference: A1.01 Description: Remove and replace trees in-kind and size, per ASK-1. ASK-1
supersedes Key Note D6 on 3/A1.01.
4. Item No. AD1-D4 Attachment: ASK-2 Reference: A3.02 Description: Revise Building Section 8/A3.02 to have a vapor barrier below the slab on
5. Item No. AD1-D5 Attachment: ASK-3 Reference: A2.01 Description: Revise SECOND LEVEL FLOOR PLAN to include one evacuation chair
per stair. 6. Item No. AD1-D6
Attachment: ASK-4 Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise limit of work boundary line per attached ASK-4.
7. Item No. AD1-D7 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A2.01 Description: Revise Key Notes to include note N15 to read PROVIDE GARAVENTA
EVACU-TRAC CD7 EVACUATION CHAIR. 8. Item No. AD1-D8
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise Key Note N9 to read (N) DRINKING FOUNTAIN, HAWS 3150
PEDESTAL FOUNTAIN WITH 5725 ENVIROGARD BUBBLER AND 6426 LEAD FILTER, WATER LINE TO BE CONNECTED FROM MAIN BUILDING.
9. Item No. AD1-D9
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise Key Note N10 to read RECYCLED PLASTIC BENCHES WITH
POWDER COATED STEEL FRAME AND LEGS. ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER IS PERMA-CAP BY HUSSEY SEATING COMPANY.
Page 5 of 6
10. Item No. AD1-D10 Attachment: SKP-1 Reference: P2.01 Description: Revise Rain Water Leader connections east of grid line 4.C. Revise
Sewer Line connection to between grid lines 4.9 and 4.10. Revise Storm Drain Line connection to between grid lines 4.11 and 4.12.
11. Item No. AD1-D11 Attachment: E1.01 Reference: Y-E1.01 Description: Electrical site plan sheet E1.01 shall be added to the set for reference
1. Question: Hazmat report and specification are missing.
Response: The only hazmat work for this project is the potential contaminated soil, refer to attached Soil Sampling and Analysis Report.
2. Question: Soils report doesnt identify contamination, is it, confirmed?
Response: For complete soils report, refer to Addendum #1 attached Soil Sampling and
Analysis Report. 3. Question: There is no Specification for the Roof.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached Specification Section 07310 Asphalt Shingles.
4. Question: Drinking fountain Note N9 shown on Drawing A1.01 isnt identified on plumbing
schedule and drawings, please identify water and sewer line connection for DF. Response: The waterline for the drinking fountain is to be connected from the Main Building.
5. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N2 provide specs for landscaping.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 32 09 00 Tree Planting.
6. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N4, N7, provide specs for chain link and elevation height.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 02820 Chain Link Fence. The elevation height for N4 chain link fence is at 4-0 high, N7 chain link fence is at the height that will match what is adjacent.
7. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N10 provide specs and details for benches.
Response: See Addendum #1, Drawing Item No. AD1-D8. Note N10 is to read RECYCLED PLASTIC BENCHES WITH POWDER COATED STEEL FRAME AND LEGS. ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER IS PERMA-CAP BY HUSSEY SEATING COMPANY.
8. Question: All Key notes on Drawing C3.1 are not in the limit for this project. Are they shown for REFERENCE only?
Page 6 of 6
Response: The Key notes on Drawing C3.1 are part of a separate contract. On this sheet only, any key notes outside of the area of work are not applicable. Refer to Addendum #1, attached CSK-1.
9. Question: For the Proposed Asphalt Concrete Pavement shown on Horizontal Control Legend and Detail 2/Y-C4.1, impossible to identify the area of work, please clarify.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached CSK-2 for clarification.
10. Question: Please provide landscape scope of work.
Response: See Addendum #1: Drawing Item No. AD1-D3 and attached ASK-1.
11. Question: Please provide Specification for Expansion Joints as per Drawing A2.1 Key Note N10, N11
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 05810 Expansion Joint Covers.
12. Question: Ref: Attached handrail spec vs sheet A8.05. Sheet A8.05 states the handrail and components are galvanized and specification note stainless steel, which is correct?
Response: The specification note is correct. Use Stainless Steel for all exterior handrails and railings.