SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT 2006 PROPOSITION ?· SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT 2006…
Post on 01-Jul-2018
Page 1 of 6
SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
2006 PROPOSITION A BOND PROGRAM 300 SENECA
NEW ACADEMIC CAMPUS
ADDENDUM NO. 1 PROJECT: 300 Seneca New Academic Campus DATE: May 19, 2014 New Classroom Addition 300 Seneca Ave., S.F., CA 94112 OWNER: San Francisco Unified School District 135 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94103 Notice is hereby given to all prospective bidders that plans and specifications on the subject project are modified as hereinafter set forth. This Addendum shall be attached to and form a part of the plans and specifications. All bidders must acknowledge receipt of this addendum on the Bid Form. In case of difference with previous addenda or communications, this addendum takes precedence. It is the responsibility of all bidders to notify all subcontractors from whom they request bids and from whom they accept bids of all changes contained in this addendum. PROJECT MANUAL
1. Item No. AD1-PM1 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 05500 METAL FABRICATIONS Description: Revise specification section 05500 Metal Fabrications to include the
following. 1.1.B.4. Division 07 flashing and sheet metalwork for transition from
gutters to downspouts. 2.2.N. Downspouts: Provide G-90 galvanized schedule 40 pipe with
1/4 inch hot-dip galvanized steel plate supports welded to pipe and secured to building.
2.9.B. Shop prime all other metal assemblies that are not galvanized as follows:
2.9.C. Galvanized assemblies shall be field primed.
Page 2 of 6
2. Item No. AD1-PM2 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 07620 FLASHINGS AND SHEET METALWORK Description: Revise specification section 07620 Flashings and Sheet Metalwork to
include the following.
1.1.B.1. Division 05 Metal Fabrications for downspouts. 2.1.B.3. Gutters 22 ga. 2.1.B.5. Downspouts See Section 05500 2.3.C.1.e. To be removed 2.3.C.1.f. To be removed.
3. Item No. AD1-PM3
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: SECTION 09900 METAL PAINT Description: Revise specification section 09900 Paint to include the following. 1.1.A.2.a. Field prime galvanized metal assemblies.
4. Item No. AD1-PM4 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued
Reference: SECTION 02300 EARTHWORK Description: Revise specification section 02300 Earthwork to include the following.
3.14.A. A soil sampling report has been prepared and is available upon request.
3.14.B. For bidding purposes, the contractor shall assume that any soil
removed from the site will need to be disposed of at a permitted Class III Waste Management Unit. The Districts Consultant will collect the necessary stockpile soil samples utilizing the current acceptance criteria from Recology Class II Hay Road Landfill located in Vacaville, California, and the Waste Management Class II/III landfill in Altamont, California. The contractor shall allow a minimum of 14 calendar days for testing and analysis. The District does not clarify, or imply, that the removed soils will meet the DTSC classification for Clean Soils at Sensitive Sites. Any additional testing above the testing that is required for disposal at a permitted Class III Waste Management Unit will be at the contractors own risk and expense.
5. Item No. AD1-PM5
Attachment: Specification 32 90 00 Reference: SECTION 32 90 00 TREE PLANTING Description: Include attached specification section 32 90 00 Tree Planting.
6. Item No. AD1-PM6 Attachment: Specification 16860
Reference: SECTION 16860 EDUCATIONAL INTERCOMMUNICATIONS AND PROGRAM SYSTEMS
Description: Replace specification section 16860 Educational Intercommunications and Program Systems with attached.
Page 3 of 6
7. Item No. AD1-PM7 Attachment: Specification 16910
Reference: SECTION 16910 FIRE DETECTION AND ALARM Description: Replace specification section 16910 Fire Alarm System with attached.
8. Item No. AD1-PM8 Attachment: Specification 02820
Reference: SECTION 02820 CHAIN LINK FENCE Description: Include attached specification section 02820 Chain Link Fence.
9. Item No. AD1-PM9 Attachment: Specification 05810
Reference: SECTION 05810 EXPANSION JOINT COVERS Description: Include attached specification section 05810 Expansion Joints.
10. Item No. AD1-PM10 Attachment: Specification 07310
Reference: SECTION 07310 ASPHALT SHINGLES Description: Include attached specification section 07310 Asphalt Shingles.
Page 4 of 6
DRAWINGS: PACKAGE A
1. Item No. AD1-D1 Attachment: CSK-1 Reference: C3.1 Description: Revised limit of work per attached CSK-1.
2. Item No. AD1-D2
Attachment: CSK-2 Reference: C4.1 Description: Storm drain layout has been revised per attached CSK-2.
3. Item No. AD1-D3
Attachment: ASK-1 Reference: A1.01 Description: Remove and replace trees in-kind and size, per ASK-1. ASK-1
supersedes Key Note D6 on 3/A1.01.
4. Item No. AD1-D4 Attachment: ASK-2 Reference: A3.02 Description: Revise Building Section 8/A3.02 to have a vapor barrier below the slab on
5. Item No. AD1-D5 Attachment: ASK-3 Reference: A2.01 Description: Revise SECOND LEVEL FLOOR PLAN to include one evacuation chair
per stair. 6. Item No. AD1-D6
Attachment: ASK-4 Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise limit of work boundary line per attached ASK-4.
7. Item No. AD1-D7 Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A2.01 Description: Revise Key Notes to include note N15 to read PROVIDE GARAVENTA
EVACU-TRAC CD7 EVACUATION CHAIR. 8. Item No. AD1-D8
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise Key Note N9 to read (N) DRINKING FOUNTAIN, HAWS 3150
PEDESTAL FOUNTAIN WITH 5725 ENVIROGARD BUBBLER AND 6426 LEAD FILTER, WATER LINE TO BE CONNECTED FROM MAIN BUILDING.
9. Item No. AD1-D9
Attachment: Narrative only no sketch issued Reference: A1.01 Description: Revise Key Note N10 to read RECYCLED PLASTIC BENCHES WITH
POWDER COATED STEEL FRAME AND LEGS. ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER IS PERMA-CAP BY HUSSEY SEATING COMPANY.
Page 5 of 6
10. Item No. AD1-D10 Attachment: SKP-1 Reference: P2.01 Description: Revise Rain Water Leader connections east of grid line 4.C. Revise
Sewer Line connection to between grid lines 4.9 and 4.10. Revise Storm Drain Line connection to between grid lines 4.11 and 4.12.
11. Item No. AD1-D11 Attachment: E1.01 Reference: Y-E1.01 Description: Electrical site plan sheet E1.01 shall be added to the set for reference
1. Question: Hazmat report and specification are missing.
Response: The only hazmat work for this project is the potential contaminated soil, refer to attached Soil Sampling and Analysis Report.
2. Question: Soils report doesnt identify contamination, is it, confirmed?
Response: For complete soils report, refer to Addendum #1 attached Soil Sampling and
Analysis Report. 3. Question: There is no Specification for the Roof.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached Specification Section 07310 Asphalt Shingles.
4. Question: Drinking fountain Note N9 shown on Drawing A1.01 isnt identified on plumbing
schedule and drawings, please identify water and sewer line connection for DF. Response: The waterline for the drinking fountain is to be connected from the Main Building.
5. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N2 provide specs for landscaping.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 32 09 00 Tree Planting.
6. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N4, N7, provide specs for chain link and elevation height.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 02820 Chain Link Fence. The elevation height for N4 chain link fence is at 4-0 high, N7 chain link fence is at the height that will match what is adjacent.
7. Question: Per drawing A1.01 Note N10 provide specs and details for benches.
Response: See Addendum #1, Drawing Item No. AD1-D8. Note N10 is to read RECYCLED PLASTIC BENCHES WITH POWDER COATED STEEL FRAME AND LEGS. ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER IS PERMA-CAP BY HUSSEY SEATING COMPANY.
8. Question: All Key notes on Drawing C3.1 are not in the limit for this project. Are they shown for REFERENCE only?
Page 6 of 6
Response: The Key notes on Drawing C3.1 are part of a separate contract. On this sheet only, any key notes outside of the area of work are not applicable. Refer to Addendum #1, attached CSK-1.
9. Question: For the Proposed Asphalt Concrete Pavement shown on Horizontal Control Legend and Detail 2/Y-C4.1, impossible to identify the area of work, please clarify.
Response: See Addendum #1, attached CSK-2 for clarification.
10. Question: Please provide landscape scope of work.
Response: See Addendum #1: Drawing Item No. AD1-D3 and attached ASK-1.
11. Question: Please provide Specification for Expansion Joints as per Drawing A2.1 Key Note N10, N11
Response: See Addendum #1, attached specification section 05810 Expansion Joint Covers.
12. Question: Ref: Attached handrail spec vs sheet A8.05. Sheet A8.05 states the handrail and components are galvanized and specification note stainless steel, which is correct?
Response: The specification note is correct. Use Stainless Steel for all exterior handrails and railings.
END OF ADDENDUM
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS TREE PLANTINGS 300 SENECA
Page 1 of 3
32 90 00 - 1
SECTION 32 90 00 TREE PLANTING
PART 1: GENERAL 1.01 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Quality: Plants shall be of uniform and standard size in a healthy, thriving condition. Nursery
grown stock only shall be used unless otherwise noted.
B. Unacceptable material: Plant material overgrown and rootbound, too recently canned with underdeveloped rootball or with damaged rootball, diseased, unhealthy or badly shaped are considered unacceptable and shall be removed from the site.
PART 2: MATERIALS 2.01 MANUFACTURES A. Fertilizer: Grow-Power. 2.02 FERTILIZER
A. Commercial Fertilizer:
1. Pre-planting: Grow-Power 5-3-1. 2. Backfill Planting Tablets: Grow-Power Planting Tablets 7 gram 12-8-8.
3. Commercial fertilizer shall be delivered to the site in sealed containers with the manufacturer's analysis attached.
2.03 SOIL ADDITIVES
A. Mulch: Ground fir bark, 1/2 inch minus.
C. Organic Amendment: Nitrogen stabilized ground bark or fir, redwood or cedar sawdust with welling agent, passed through a 1/2-inch screen.
PART 3: EXECUTION 3.01 EXAMINATION A. Examine site conditions and work of other trades.
B. Report conditions which will adversely affect work of this section to Architect in writing. C. Do not begin work of this section until unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected. Beginning
work constitutes acceptance of site conditions.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS TREE PLANTINGS 300 SENECA
Page 2 of 3
32 90 00 - 2
3.02 SOIL PREPARATION
A. Clearing: Clear planting areas of existing vegetation not specified to remain along with other debris and material considered a hindrance to other operations
3.03 FINE GRADING
A. Surfaces: Planting surfaces shall be left with a firm, uniform surface, free of undulations or other irregularities. Remove rocks, clods and debris from planting surfaces.
B. Elevations: After initial settlement, planting soil surfaces shall be three quarters of an inch below
adjacent paved surfaces. But in no cases will the soil be raked away from paving edge to obtain the three-quarters of an inch and thus create a ridge or interruption of the even slope to the drainage run.
1. Slope planting surfaces including swales, uninterrupted by ridges or depressions insuring a
free uniform flow of surface water in the direction and for the full length of the drainage run. 2. Since the Contractor shall be responsible for the surface drainage of planting areas, he
should notify those concerned of discrepancies, obstructions, or other conditions considered detrimental to proper execution of his work.
3.04 SHRUB AND TREE PLANTING
B. Location: Locate plants in accordance with plans and adjust positions as required by field site conditions.
C. Size of Plant Hole Required:
1. 1 gal: 18-inch dia. 18 inches deep. Scarify bottom of plant hole. 2. 5 gal: 24-inch dia. 18 inches deep. Scarify bottom of plant hole. 3. 15 gal: 36-inch dia. as deep as the root ball. Scarify bottom of plant hole. 4. Boxed or Specimen: 24 inches min. wider than box width, as deep as the root ball.
Scarify plant hole.
D. Backfill Mix: 75 percent onsite topsoil 25 percent organic amendment. E. Plant Tablets: Place tablets between the bottom of the rootball and 1/3 the way up the rootball.
Space the tablets equally around the perimeter of the rootball approximately 2 inches from root tips. Use 3 tablets for 1-gallon plants, 8 tablets for 5-gallon plants, 13 tablets for 15-gallon plants and 16 tablets for 24 inch box trees.
F. Mulching: After planting area is free of weeds evenly distribute bark mulch to a minimum depth
of 3 inches.
A Trees: Warranty to be healthy state of active growth for a period 6 months.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS TREE PLANTINGS 300 SENECA
Page 3 of 3
32 90 00 - 3
3.06 MAINTENANCE SERVICE
A. Maintenance: Maintenance operations as specified below shall follow and coincide with the planting operations and continue 6 months after planting.
B. Watering: Irrigate planting areas as required to insure active growth keeping areas
moist but not saturated. Regulate irrigation source as necessary to avoid erosion and gullying.
C. Fertilizing: Apply Grow Power 5-3-1 fertilizer specified at the rate of 20 lbs. per 1,000
sq. ft. under canopy of trees (10 foot diameter minimum) 3 months after planting and 5 months from planting.
D. Weed Control: Keep planting areas free of weeds and undesirable grasses.
F. Insect & Disease Control: Weekly inspect plants for disease or insect damage. Treat affected material immediately.
E. Pruning: Remove damaged or diseased growth from trees and shrubs.
H. Replacements: Remove dead and dying plant material and immediately replace with the same species and size.
I. Acceptance: Acceptance will be given upon satisfactory findings in the Final Inspection
or upon satisfactory correction of any deficiencies disclosed by the Final Inspection.
END OF SECTION
dsk architects 926 Natoma Street, Suite 200 NEW ACADEMIC CAMPUS AT 300 SENECA San Francisco, CA 94103 SFUSD PROJECT NO.11556 Project No. 12002 SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
EDUCATIONAL INTERCOMMUNICATIONS AND PROGRAM SYSTEMS
MARCH 19, 2014 16860 - 1 EDUCATIONAL INTERCOMMUNICATIONS AND
PART 1 - GENERAL
A. Furnish and install all equipment including, but not limited to, outlet boxes, conduit (with pull strings), wiring, telephones, annunci...