media tech final
out of 8
Post on 13-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONmedia technologies qu
- 1.How did you use new media technologies in the research, planning, construction and evaluation stag es? Rebecca Wilson
- of a music video but ouri n dependent research followed on to gain a wider understanding throughwww.Wikipedia.org.This website contributed to the Music Video History Research and helped us find where it all began and how it developed to the standard music videos are being made in today.
- For the research to look creative, I needed images so used Google Images for this purpose.Google Imagesis a search engine, therefore anything you type in will collect images from around the world.
- When analysing Katy Perry, besidesWikipedia , I visited her webpagewww.katyperry.comfor images and information on the star.
- The video sharing websitewww.Youtube.comhelped me research pop music videos to build my own artists image and gain a wider understanding of how to create narratives to suit the song. The web 2.0 site was used constantly over the unit, as a way to analyse existing artists videos, listen to music, watch other students work and to upload our own work. All these websites were useful in the research stage, a skill I already possessed in through earlier school years dealing with ICT and the internet.
- During the research stage, the main forms of media technologies we used were websites to collect our findings. We were briefed at the beginning of the course on the conventions
- software expanded when producing my target audience research.I used aPanasonic SDR-H81 Video Camerato record footageof the people Id questioned responses. My use of technologies converged as I uploaded the footage toiMovie , edited theresponses together and then uploaded towww.Youtube.com .
- Accompanying my videos, I collated graphs using Microsoft Excel software, a skill I obtained in high school, and then I evaluated their responses in a third, new form:www.wordle.net .
- To obtain the six rules in Andrew Goodwins theory of Music Videos, I used Google which linked me up towww.slideshare.com . This site lets you upload and share PowerPoint presentations online. I used PowerPoint to construct my findings on his theory and uploaded it towww.slideshare.com .
- Part way through researching, we had already decided on the track we would use. Wed all heard the track vaguely, but by listening to the songs lyrics viawww.Youtube.comwe could make a decision on how a music video could be created from the song.iTuneswas the platform we purchased the song from, which was convenient rather than purchasing from the ever shrinking CD shop industry. I added the track toiMovieand narrated the meaning of the lyrics and the song to help brainstorm more ideas for the video.
- UsingiTunesagain, we purchased Peacock by Katy Perry to practice our lip-synching. This tested ourcamera , editing skills and miming accuracy of our actor. Using thePanasonic SHR-H81 , we filmed Natalie then uploaded the clips toiMovie . Before this, we hadnt needed to edit to match an external sound, so the challenge was new and interesting.
- My use of technologies and my knowledge of the hardware and software expanded when producing my target audience research. My use of technologies and my knowledge of the hardware and
4. Pla nning
- The early planning stage was fairly traditional with minimal use of new technologies. Using a pencil and paper, I created a digipack,a magazine advertisement and a storyboard. To uploadmy designs, I used theOlympus SP-800UZ Digital Camera before uploading to my blog.
- Following the same rule for the storyboard, once drawn out, we took photographs of each panel. The stills were uploaded toiMovieand were edited together and fitted to the music, creating an Animatic which we had already made at AS. This time, we were fitting the shots around a sound instead of accompanying music to the film at A S ,so we had to make a minor change to our approach at an animatic. All our movies had to be uploaded towww.youtube.comso they could afterwards be put on the blog.
5. Pla nning
- We werent ready to start filming for a week after our animatic was produced so took the opportunity to practice a few trickier shots and edits we had put in the storyboard, such as low angle shot, high angle shot and match on action. Using thecamerasandiMovieto do so really benefited our group and made each one of us more confident in our camera skills: setting up shots, filming, uploading and editing.
- The technology Id used so far wasweb 2.0 sitesbuilt for educational and creative purposes or were technologies Id necessarily not need to use leisurely such asPowerPoint .
- However,SMS messagingplayed a big part in the organisation of our group, when sat at home and a thought would pop up into our heads on how to improve our ideas.SMSpluswww.Facebook.combecame almost primary uses to our group for the running of our project.
- We had a mini photo shoot, mainly to practice taking shots of our artist for the print products: our digipack and magazine advertisement.We used theOlympus SP-800UZ Digital Camerato take these shots then uploaded them to theMacs . As a group, we took turns editing throughAdobe Photoshop . The software proved difficult for us to use at first, but I managed to grasp the basics and create good quality effects. After the photos had been edited, a digipack template was available inAdobe InDesign . This was also a new software to us but was easier to understand overPhotoshop .
- The digipack template had a six panel option only and so we created two extra panel shots. Luckily, we had captured around eight usable images after a selection process, and had enough for each panel.
- When we had completed the front cover to the digipack,we transferred it to a separateInDesigntemplate for ourmagazine advert, so our target audience would know whatalbum they were looking for. The image on the front covermatched up to create a visual motif as our artist wore thesame costume in a different pose for the advertisement.
- Our digipack and magazine advertisement took nine lessons to complete and it was time to move on to the music video.
- from different angles and edit them together later iniMovieinstead of sticking to the storyboard and setting up each individual shot. For our lip synch to be correct, we played the track through aniPod speakerwhich benefited us in the long run, as you can hear the music when editing, then just mute and add the original track over the top.
- The narrative proved more difficult to look continuous with twocameras . Setting up our shots around the action, particularly in moving shots like panning and tracking was tough but we filmed each shot several times.
- One part of our narrative featured clips from our performance. The protagonist watches the artists speech viaYoutube , a short edit of the third verse to create a major change in the narrative. The narrative and performance aspects synergize to be entertaining and eye opening to global audiences. This method showed initiative to converge to existing forms of media and turned out to be a major success.
- TheiMoviesoftware takes dedication but fortunately, after learning how to use it last year, I had all the skills to edit a video together. This year the challenge stepped up a level, to be able to edit incorporating synched music. The process took twice as long as previous productions but all in all the use ofslow motionto exaggerate emotion and use ofgamma adjustfor the scenes we filmed quite late in the afternoon to seem brighter and happier were just two examples of my skills developing in editing.
- Using twoPanasonic SDR-H81 Video Camerasto film, we began with the performance side to our video. Thecamerascome alongside tripods therefore we could film
- Overall, I found most of my knowledge and technological skills had been extended rather than obtained as I knew how to use the majority of computer software, websites and a digital camera. I have benefited from going that extra mile to secure my Project would be successful by experimenting with the skills I had on iMovie, for example, and extending them to using special visual effects.
- I used the technologies to become a more worldly creative media student particularly in the research stage where I used websites like Wordle and SlideShare to present my work differently.
- Using new technologies has been beneficial as I can now research, plan, create and present work in several different methods thanks to the always developing technological world. I can create user-generated content thanks to software like iMovie and PowerPoint and join in with the online world by creating my own web 2.0 content.
View more >