making next happen
out of 13
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is the follow-up of our "What's next in Advertising" preso. This one focuses on how to make this happen, i.e. how to sell this thinking through new ideas to clients. note: There are some slide notes, not critical, but add-ons to some slides.
- 1. How to make whats next in advertising happen How do you get clients to take the risk of trying something new and more actively embracing the new marketing world? How do you encourage action?
- 2. Estimate the risk associated with what you are presenting. What aspect of the idea could be a stumbling block for approval?
- 3. minimize this perceived risk
- Recognize that clients must have impact. They want us to deliver eyeballs. So, include mass channels they expect but find ways to use them differently. Imagine TV spots or print ads about the promotion, the idea, the newly created useful tool, or that drive people to the experience
- Invest enough on your end to be able to show them what your brave new idea looks like, that it will work, that it is easy for the target to use, that it would actually be useful to the target and meet the clients goals.
- Be sensitive to the financial risk. Are there ways we can save costs and show that weve considered it?
- Keep it simple with the type of idea and the number of ideas.
- Dont overwhelm the client with 50% of the plan being new and untried approaches.
- Use references or case studies to substantiate why you think this will work.
- Use web tools or prototypes to test market the idea before you go big with it to see if it will work
- involve trusted community members or mavens in your prototype testing. Get their feedback and use this to improve the experience.
- Get specific and tangible regarding goals.
- Agree with the client on what would be deemed a success.
- Use existing research and data to prove that this is worth doing.
- Put in place metrics that will measure the impact of your new idea/tool/ approach.
- Create a culture of cumulative learning.
- Understand and accept that not all new ideas will be successful, but they should provide learning for the future.
- Again, make sure that in this case the financial risk is minimal.
- Pull together learnings and provide the client with a report on what you set out to do; what you did; and what the learnings were
- Put together by the guys who mashed up Whats next in advertising
- Uwe Gtschow : http: //uweg . typepad .com
- Don Longfellow : dude, u need a blog
View more >
Making Learning Happen - dkit.ie Learning Happen Through... · Making Learning Happen ... ToTo ffocusocus…
Making Predictions Hmmm… What will happen next?. making predictions Thinking about what might happen is called making predictions
MAKING WATER REFORM HAPPEN IN MEXICO - OECD. Water Reform Happen... · MAKING WATER REFORM HAPPEN IN…
Making Innovation Happen! - e; ?· Making Innovation Happen! ... CleanTech Incubator Germany ... EIT…