level 1 learnign program- slideshow2
Post on 19-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The World Caf Community FoundationSignature Learning Program Level I
2. Caf Etiquette
- Focuson what matters
- Contributeyour thinking and experience
- Listento understand
- Listen with othersfor insights and deeper questions
- Doodleon the paper tablecloth
- Have fun - play and experiment
Nancy Margulies 3. Participant Travelers
- All are participants throughout the rounds ofconversation
- Travel separately to a different table in each round
- Carry key ideas and themes into their new conversations
Nancy Margulies 4. Table Host/Hostess
- A volunteer who remains and welcomes newcomers to the table
- Jots down ideas on the tablecloth
- Briefly shares themain ideasfrom the prior conversation
- Encourages others to link and build using ideas
Nancy Margulies 5. 6.
- Caf R ound 1
- What is going on in my world that creates passion and inspires me?
- Why do I care about it?
7. 8. 9.
- Caf R ound 2
- What common themes are emerging from our stories?
- What gives us courage to continue even in the face of uncertainty and setbacks?
- Caf R ound 3
- What would be one small and yet powerful step we can take towards the practice of meaningful conversations in service of the whole ?(organization, community, family, etc)
Based on your experience in the previous rounds of conversation, please engage in the following question: 12. 13.
- Harvesting our Collective Wisdom
- What is taking shape here?
14. What is emerging here? 15. Men u
- Graphic Documents from the Caf session
- Wall Graphics- original and/ordigitalized
- Conceptual Maps
- Tablecloth notes and drawings
- Templates for Findings/Insights, Actions andNext Steps
- Reports and Summaries
- Magazines or Internal Newsletters
- Electronic Files or Database
- Strategic visual document
- The Best of the World Caf
17. The Caf Process Works When:
- Caf design that inspires participation and evokes collective intelligence
- Caf set up and logistics are carefully managed
- Questions that truly matter to participants and sponsor
- Clear purpose but not a predetermined outcome. It is a jointexploration not asell
- Effective hosting of the Caf, not facilitation
- Foster collaboration and a spirit of imagination and flexibility among participants
- Practice the principles of the World Caf throughout the process
- Making learning visible to participants
19. Examples of Areas of Application
- NGO s
- Health Care
20. Examples of Application to Projects
- Team Developmentand Performance
- Sense Making
- and learning
- Creative Problem
- Final Reflections
What has been my major learning ordiscovery about the whole Caf experience? 22.
- Next Steps
- The Next World Caf Signature Programs
- Level 2:Hosting World Caf s: The Fundamentals
- Level 3: Hosting World Caf s:Advanced Practices
- Conversational Leadership
- Become a member and get involved with the World
- Caf Community Online( www.theworldcafe.ning )
- Access the World Caf webpage ( www.theworldcafe.com ) to learn about new developments and available resources
- Acknowledgment of Participation
Individual recognition to participants for their attendance and participation in the World Caf Signature Program- Level 1 24.
- Juanita Brown, David Isaacs, and The World Caf
- Community Foundation for the use of the framework and
- Nancy Margulies and Sherrin Bennett for the images they
- designed to illustrate various and diverse ideas
- Frances Baldwin, Maria de los Angeles Cinta, Amy Lenzo,
- Carlos Mota, Samantha Tan, and Ulrich Soeder for the
- development of the World Caf signature programs
Thank You For Your Participation