Klinefelter Syndrome By: Little6CB18 and Little6CC3.
Post on 18-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Klinefelter Syndrome By: Little6CB18 and Little6CC3
- Slide 2
- What is Klinefelter Syndrome? Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic disorder that affects males. A male is born with one or more extra X chromosomes. Males that dont have Klinefelter syndrome have one X and one Y chromosome. Klinefelter syndrome is also known as XXY syndrome.
- Slide 3
- How does a person inherit Klinefelter syndrome? Klinefelter syndrome cannot be inherited. During the reproductive process, when a reproductive cell has too many chromosomes, it results in Klinefelter syndrome. Klinefelter syndrome is recessive.
- Slide 4
- What are the chances of a male having Klinefelter syndrome passing it to their offspring? Klinefelter syndrome cannot be passed to their offspring. Klinefelter syndrome is when a male is sterile which means it cannot reproduce children.
- Slide 5
- How prevalent is Klinefelter syndrome? Klinefelter syndrome occurs in 1 in 500 to 1,000 males. Klinefelter syndrome does not occur in females. How is Klinefelter syndrome diagnosed? Before birth through amniocentesis. In childhood when a male is going through puberty. Adulthood through chromosome tests and medical history.
- Slide 6
- Symptoms of Klinefelter Syndrome Underdeveloped Muscles Tiredness Early heart disease Change body shape Reduced facial hair Delayed puberty Infertility Taller than other males with long legs and wide hips Breast development
- Slide 7
- Life Expectancy The life expectancy of a male with Klinefelter syndrome is normal. Treatment There is no treatment available for Klinefelter syndrome. There is treatment to fix the testosterone levels. Klinefelter syndrome individuals can get help with language and learning problems.
- Slide 8
- Possible Genotypes of Parents There are no genotypes of parents because those with this disease are infertile. If a child is born with this disease, its parents can have any genotypes.
- Slide 9
- Everyday Life with Klinefelter Syndrome Males with Klinefelter syndrome live an average life.
- Slide 10
- What limitations does a male have with Klinefelter syndrome? A male with Klinefelter syndrome will not have any limitations but may not be able to produce children. They can look into infertility or adoption if needed. What are some organizations that can help a family cope with Klinefelter syndrome? There are not any organizations to help families cope with Klinefelter syndrome since it only makes a male have an extra chromosome.
- Slide 11
- Is there a possible cure for Klinefelter syndrome? There is no cure for Klinefelter syndrome. There are cures for the symptoms of Klinefelter syndrome.
- Slide 12
- Bibliography http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition=klinefeltersyndrome http://images1.clinicaltools.com/images/gene/trisomyxxy.jpg (picture on symptoms page) http://images1.clinicaltools.com/images/gene/trisomyxxy.jpg http://www.mamashealth.com/syndrome/Kleinfeltr.asp http://www.dundee.ac.uk/medther/tayendoweb/images/klinefelters.htm http://www.peacehealth.org/kbase/topic/mini/hw183686/overview.htm http://www.healthofchildren.com/images/gech_0001_0002_0_img0156.jpg (picture of different types of chromosomes on limitations/ organizations page) http://www.healthofchildren.com/images/gech_0001_0002_0_img0156.jpg http://www.3dscience.com/img/Products/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/Collectio ns/Male_Collection/Zygote-3D-Male-Human-Anatomy-Collection-3.jpg (picture of male on chances of passing Klinefelter syndrome to their offspring) http://www.3dscience.com/img/Products/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/Collectio ns/Male_Collection/Zygote-3D-Male-Human-Anatomy-Collection-3.jpg Picture of man on everyday life page is from clip art on my computer) http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/31/science/0831-sci-sub- BRODYch.jpg (picture on cover page) http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/31/science/0831-sci-sub- BRODYch.jpg http://img.tfd.com/mosbycam/thumbs/500227-fx55.gif (picture on possible cure page) http://img.tfd.com/mosbycam/thumbs/500227-fx55.gif http://home.earthlink.net/~heinabilene/karyotypes/49XXXXY.jpg (picture on possible genotypes page) http://home.earthlink.net/~heinabilene/karyotypes/49XXXXY.jpg
View more >
The Klinefelter syndrome: current management and Klinefelter syndrome: current management and ... and Eberhard Nieschlag had met Harry Klinefelter in person ... currently hampered by high false-positive rates.
KLINEFELTER SYNDROME CASE REPORT - CNR ?· Klinefelter Syndrome is a chromosomal abnormali-ty characterized…
Syndrome de Klinefelter. Correction ?· 2.2 Syndrome de Klinefelter. Correction Pb : proposer une explication…
klinefelter Syndrome - Home | American Academy Of ?· Abramsky L, Chapple J. 47,XXY (Klinefelter syndrome)…
About AAKSIS Membership Form A Guide to Klinefelter ?· What is 47,XXY / Klinefelter syndrome? Klinefelter…