hybrid electric vehicles final - copy
out of 31
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Abhinav Kumar Santoshi IIT(BHU),Varanasi
- 2. A hybrid is a combination of two or morethings. In this case we mean a vehicle powered bytwo different power Sources Electric motor/generator Internal combustion engine
- 3. ConventionalHybridBattery ElectricFuelBatteryFuelBatteryEngineMotor/ GeneratorEngineMotor/ GeneratorTransmissionTransmissionTransmission
- 4. NO!!!!! Hybrids existed in the late 1800s Cars could be fuelled by either electricity orethanol No regenerative energy
- 5. The answer is : Technology & Cost But The invention of the IGBT and other power electronic advancements 1970 onwards has made way for the modern hybrid electric vehicles.
- 6. An electric propulsion system is comprised ofthree main elements: power electronic converter, batteries , motor, and its controller DC Commutator Motor Permanent Magnet (PM) Brushless DC (BLDC)Motor Switched Reluctance Motor ( SRM) Induction Motor
- 7. Fig : HEV by Tesla Motors
- 8. Standby 8%Fuel Tank 100%EngineAero 3%16%Engine Loss 76%DrivelineDriveline Losses 3%POWERTRAIN13%Rolling 4% Braking 6%VEHICLE-RelatedEVs 101
- 9. Micro Hybrid EliminatesFuel Tank: 100%Standby 8%EngineEngine Loss 76%Aero 3%16%Driveline13%Rolling 4% Braking 6%Driveline Losses 3%Full Hybrid Engine downsizing Reduces Decoupling of engine and wheel Plug-in Can eliminate engine entirelyMild Hybrid Reduces EVs 101
- 10. Regenerative braking actually makes city driving more economical. Fuel efficiency is greatly increased (twice). Emissions are greatly decreased. Dependency on fossils fuels can be decreased. Hybrids can be run on alternative fuels as well.
- 11. Currently more expensive than conventional Heavier than conventional, due to battery pack and electric motors weight Limited battery life and expensive battery pack if you want to replace it More complex computer controlled systems May have drivability issues Expensive to repair
- 12. More efficient diesel hybrids Plug in hybrids Fuel cell and plug in vehicles Powering your house/business withyour fuel cell/hybrid cars And more
- 13. Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Honda Accord Hybrid Honda Civic Hybrid Ford Escape Hybrid GMC Silverado Hybrid GMC Sierra Hybrid Toyota Prius Toyota Highlander Hybrid Lexus 400h
- 14. According to the Business News on 12thApril, 2012, M&M is planning to Launch a full Hybrid Electric Vehicles in India in a couple of Years. http://www.livemint.com/Companies/z400EtgvamnPJZSzDrl5lO/Mahindra-developing-hybrid-vehiclelaunch-in-three-years.htmlSoon can be seen on Indian Roads.
- 15. Sometimes being different is good enough, you need not be new all the time So, the HEVs have more efficiency, Low FuelEconomy, High Reliability and Less Air Pollution. Optimum Utilization of these Vehicles will yield in good Results, especially Reduction of pollution. It can prove to be vehicle of future. If designed well, these hybrids can equal or better the utility, comfort, performance and safety weve come to expect, while saving us thousands of dollars at the gas pump.
- 16. Husain, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Design Fundamentals, 1st ed., New York: CRC Press, 2003, p.150. J. Larminie and J. Lowry, Electric vehicle technology explained, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., England, 2003 Kulkarni, A; Kapoor, A; Mahalinga, I and Kosse, V. Innovative automotive design. International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol.6, No.1 (2012), pp9-27. S. Matsumoto, Advancement of hybrid vehicle technology, in Proc. EPE, Dresden, Germany, Sep. 1114, 2005, pp. 17. James Larminie, and John Lowry, Electric Vehicle Technology Explained, John Wiley, England, 2003. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_electric_vehicle http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybridAnimation/swfs/hybridframe. html
View more >
Why Hybrid Vehicles? - L. David Roper ?? Toyota Camry Hybrid, ... • Lexus CT Hybrid, ES Hybrid, GS Hybrid, NX Hybrid, RX Hybrid, LC Hybrid ... Why Hybrid Vehicles?
Ultracapacitors and Batteries in Hybrid Vehicles - ?· Ultracapacitors and Batteries in Hybrid Vehicles.…