fun is good ppt
Post on 22-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Fun is Good
How to create Joy & Passion in your workplace & Career
Mike Veeck & Pete Williams
2. About Me & my writter
3. Mike Veeck runs six minor-league baseball teams, and for each of them he's drafted a business plan that begins with three simple words: "Fun is good." The fun-is-good philosophy not only has worked to make an evening at one of his ballparks--full of laughs, zany promotions, and free giveaways--enjoyable for everyone; it has transformed a half-dozen money-losing or start-up teams into a thriving $25 million business.
In this book Veeck, son of legendary baseball owner Bill Veeck, shows why an injection of fun, creativity, and passion is so essential to business success.
4. FUN IS GOODphilosophybeginsandendwith
5. Throughout, the book is peppered with vignettes, where we hear firsthand from people who have benefited professionally and personally from the fun-is-good philosophy and how they have applied it specifically to their own industries and careers.
Veeck'sprogram will likely be most effective in service-oriented businesses where the joy of work diminishes in the struggles with disgruntled customers and demanding bosses.
6. Fun Is Good Theory
7. The Right attitude
For the people who work with fun is good philosophy, fun is an attitude. An experience. It's why everyone from head groundskeeper to the president and co-owner is passionate about coming to work. Having fun on the job makes these employees more creative, more productive, and ultimately more satisfied. They don't take themselves too seriously. They treat each other with respect. And they make every day an event.
8. Lesson 1
Deal with tough times
Built rapport with clients
Improves the environment in the office
Efficiency and creativity and confidence
Helps to take the first step as people are trained to believe that the failure rate is high when you make that leap
Attitude is contagious , whether positive or negative
9. What is your
Does your passion relate to your career
If not can the expertise and the passion from that hobby be applied to your job
Wrong approach to our career We look at whats out there, and then try to fit ourselves to that role- shouldnt it be the other way round?
10. Lesson 2
Passion is cornerstone of fun is good philosophy, and if you let it be your guide, youll achieve success.
The key is that if you go to a job that you love, the trip becomes the reward
In job interviews be inquisitive and ask questions
11. Chiefs and Indians
Its important to blur the line between chief and Indians. The chief need to go out and work the front lines so that the Indians know theres not a single job out there that the chief hasnt done.
The key to any successful Fun is Good organization is that the Indians have to believe they can become chiefs. We move people around our organization constantly which helps them to acquire new skills and move up.
12. Lesson 3
No designation or titles
Design of office open up the cubicles, dont allot space in the office depending on their title, create a harmonious atmosphere in which coworkers feel comfortable interacting
Give employees freedom
A dart board, Nerf Basketball hoop or a pool table can work wonders in the office.
Be accessible to employees so that they can give suggestions
13. How to apply Fun Is Good in your life
14. The power of Irreverence
Everyone wants to laugh at work. Dont be afraid to poke fun at yourself or your company. Successful companies are viewed as irrelevant.
Promote a causalFriday environment, not just the dress code. Everyone should feel comfortable suggesting ideas, no matter how outlandish.
Every office needs a few Good clubhouse people to keep things lose
15. The Human Touch
Treat people the way you'd want to be treated.
Get to know your coworkers and customers on a personal level. You will be amazed at the benefits
16. Embracing Failure
Dont take failures so seriously. Learn from them . Recognize them as assets.
Its never too late to start over.
Staying in a bad job snaps energy and spirit. Get out as quickly as possible.
You learn something from every job
Resignation is not quitting. Its resigning yourself to something better.
Unless its for poor performance, theres no shame in being fired.
Offer second chances. You might need one yourself some day.
Laughter is the key to overcoming the fear of public speaking.
Change isnt just good. Its a necessity.
18. Philosophy of his dad and how he employed fun is good philosophy in his career and business
- Business is not about you
20. Keep the office area clean 21. Laugh at adversity 22. Business is all about the customer satisfaction 23. Be a Hustler 24. Live a life of creativity 25. Never lose your childhood curiosity 26. Money has little relationship to enjoying life 27. Be color blind, gender blind, age blind, and experience blind 28. Speak to everyone, Including media. Public speaking is a valuable skill