wrap up 2014.2.12
Click here to load reader
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA mini-lecture for small group discussions on "lessons learned" for medical students_Community Medicine RACM302
- 1. 12: (Wrap-up) . RACM302: 12 2557 Pix source: www.creedcodecult.com/it-is-nished
- 2. Outline (course objectives) vs. (lessons learned) (cognitive knowledge) (skills) (attitude) (looking forward) 3-6 (self-study) Pix source: online.wsj.com
- 3. Planning on a complex issue 4Ps: Chaordic Design Process Purpose Principle Participant **Practice Source: chaordic.org
- 4. Group vs. Team Not all groups are teams Pix source: davidparker9.wordpress.com
- 5. Stages of Group Dynamics Groups develop into teams in four stages Source: Bruce Tuckman (1965); Pix source: www.enneagram.co.th
- 6. Three Approaches of Learning Positivism What types of questions asked about situation/ intervention (X)? Critical Realism Does X work? Is X costeffective? In reality of X, How does what components stakeholders and of X do works for understand X? whom under which condition? Related disciplinary Clinical Medicine, Policy Analysis, perspectives Epidemiology, Organizational Welfare Economics Studies Key Approaches & Methods Relativism/ Interpretivism/Social Constructionism Anthropology, Sociology Deductive (Theory testing and Inductive (Hypothesis driven) building)
- 7. Source: Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijns Familienportrt (1663-1668)
- 8. Source: Claude Monets Le Parlement de Londres
- 9. Principle of Learning Up and down the ladder of abstraction : (concepts) (theories) (principles) (strategies) : Source :inuxentrepreneur.com/wendyelwell/ (data) (case studies) (eldwork) (presentations)
- 10. Principle of Learning Experience, not (just) explanation. EXPERIENCE Picture source: commonsenseatheism.com; variety.thaiza.com
- 11. What Level of Our Learning? Wisdom Why Knowledge How Informa9on What, Who, When, Where Data Number, Text, Picture, Sound, etc.
- 12. Learning to Change Ourselves Senge, P., Scharmer, C.O., Jaworski, J. & Flowers, B.S. (2004). Presence- Exploring Profound Change in People, Organizations and Society.
- 13. Communication & Presentation A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials. --Ronald Knox Pix source: www.yesstyle.com.jpg
- 14. Practice Makes Perfect
- 15. Lesson learned I (cognitive knowledge): * What knowledge is context specic? ( .) What knowledge can be used anywhere? ( ) How can we create new knowledge? How do quantitative and qualitative research differ? Source: *Conversations with Dr. Surakiat Archananupap
- 16. Lesson learned II (skills): * Teamwork: Are you now working as a group or a team? Leadership: How can you be a leader if you have to? Dialogue & Deep Listening: How to use deep listening to create a dialogues with your patients/colleagues? Communication & Presentation: What are considered good and bad presentations? Source: *Conversations with Dr. Surakiat Archananupap
- 17. Lesson learned III (attitude): * Group feedback: Lessons learned Self-reection: Individualized lessons learned . Source: *Conversations with Dr. Surakiat Archananupap
- 18. Your Journey! . 3-6 (self-study) The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination. --Don Williams, Jr. Pix: B Leerapan. Lutsen Mountain, MN. Oct 2009.