electronic toll collection system
out of 14
Post on 03-Feb-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA seminar report on Electronic Toll Collection System
- 1. Electronic Toll Collection (ETC)Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) SystemSystem MD Arshad ShareefMD Arshad Shareef Vaagdevi College of EngineeringVaagdevi College of Engineering
- 2. Contents What is ECT System? Objectives of ETCS Components of ETCS RFID Tags Types of RFID Tags Reader In Lane Computer Schematic of ETC System Working Advantages Conclusion
- 3. What is ETC System? The Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) System is a new toll system designed to enhance convenience for drivers by enabling cashless toll collection and thus mitigating congestion at expressway tollgates.
- 4. Objectives of ETC System Reduce longer waiting time in a toll queue Provide traveler ease of toll payment Reduce illegal toll gate entry
- 5. Components of ETC System RFID Tag Reader In Lane Computer
- 6. RFID Tags An RFID tag, or transponder, consists of a chip and an antenna. The microchip contains memory and logic circuits to receive and send data back to the reader. Each tag contains an identification number, data identifying the issuing agency, tag type, a description of the vehicle, and other agency- specific data. The RFID Tag is mounted on windshield of vehicle.
- 7. RFID Tags Basic Types Active Tags Tag transmits radio signal Battery powered memory, radio & circuitry High Read Range (100 meters) Passive Tags Tag reflects radio signal from reader Reader powered Shorter Read Range (10cm 5 meters)
- 8. Reader A reader contains an antenna to transmit and receive data from the tag. The reader also contains a decoder and an RF module. It could be mounted or built as a portable handheld device.
- 9. In Lane Computer The In Lane Computer checks the data against a database of valid tags and active accounts, deducts the appropriate toll from the customers account, and approves passage or raises a tollgate to allow the vehicle to pass through the toll plaza.
- 10. Schematic of ETC System RFID Tag ReaderAntenna In Lane Computer Transmits identification data to the RFID Reader Coiled antenna of reader creates magnetic field with coiled antenna of tag Transmit data to Central Database Associates tag info with complete info about owner, vehicle etc Deducts appropriate amount from the customers prepaid account
- 11. Working As a vehicle approaches a toll plaza, the radio- frequency (RF) field emitted from the antenna activates the transponder. The transponder broadcasts a signal back to the lane antenna with some basic information. That information is transferred from the lane antenna to the central database. If the account is in good standing, a toll is deducted from the driver's prepaid account. If the toll lane has a gate, the gate opens. A green light indicates that the driver can proceed.
- 12. Working
- 13. Advantages Entire process takes a matter of seconds to complete. Electronic system records transaction, including the time, date, plaza and toll charge of each vehicle. Allow drivers to pass through the system at 55 miles per hour (86 kmph).
- 14. Conclusion By application of ATCS into real time we can avoid malfunctions, time maintenance system and long wait at toll gates can be improved
View more >
Electronic Toll Collection System (ETC) User Toll Collection System (ETC) User Survey ... Electronic Toll Collection Systems 1.3. ... several surveys concerning the use of an electronic toll collection
Allocation of Electronic Toll Collection Lanes at Toll Plazas Considering Social Optimization of Service Times and Delay
INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS OF ESPECIALLY ELECTRONIC TOLL ... ESPECIALLY ELECTRONIC TOLL COLLECTION Gabriel Nowacki ... of 29 April 2004 on the interoperability of electronic road toll systems in the Community 
GSM/GPS based toll collection system – proposal for Poland new electronic toll collection systems brought into service on or after 1 January 2007 shall, for carrying out electronic toll transactions, use one or more
Toll Collection) Dengan Notifikasi Lunak Pendukung Etc ... Electronic...Social_Messenger.pdfFINAL GRADE…
Open Road Electronic Toll Collection System on Road Electronic Toll Collection System on Interstate 80 in ... The toll collection equipment will consist of mainline ... rules established by the