Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers The Paleolithic Age is the Old Stone Age The Neolithic Age is the New Stone Age Domesticate means to train.
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers The Paleolithic Age is the Old Stone Age The Neolithic Age is the New Stone Age Domesticate means to train or tame an animal Trade is the business of exchanging items 3.1 Introduction 1. It got its name from tools people made out of stone
- Slide 2
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers 3.2 From Old Stone Age to New Stone Age 1. When people learned how to farm and produce their own food 2. Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas 3. Eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea
- Slide 3
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers OSA Creating a Stable Food Supply Hunting Gathering NSA Creating a Stable Food Supply Farming, planting seeds, harvesting crops Raising animals Still hunted and gathered
- Slide 4
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers OSA Making a Shelter Caves Tent like structures NSA Making a Shelter They built permanent shelters Mud brick houses Several rooms Protection from weather, animals Made life comfortable
- Slide 5
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers OSA Establishing Communities Bands of 20-60 Wandering in search of food Nomadic NSA Establishing Communities Farms Towns Villages Efficient, divide up the work Time for other activities
- Slide 6
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers OSA Developing Jobs Finding food to survive NSA Developing Jobs Specialized skills Farmers Weavers Basket makers Tool makers Traders Clothing makers Stone workers
- Slide 7
- Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers OSA Trade They rarely traded with other groups They used what they found NSA Trade Started trading once they settled in towns and villages Traded to get what they needed Looking for Flint and Obsidian, used for knives, mirrors, and arrowheads Traded for beauty products
View more >
THE STONE AGE - STONE AGE The stone age is divided into : Paleolithic(“old stone”) Neolithic(“new stone”).
People of the Old Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers People of the Old Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers Aim: What are the characteristics of the Paleolithic Age?
Early Human Life. The Stone Age What is the Stone Age? Stone Age is Divided Into Three Ages: Paleolithic Age Mesolithic Age Neolithic Age.
The Stone Ages Paleolithic - Old Stone Age: 2,500,000 B.C. to 8,000 B.C. Neolithic – New Stone Age: 8,000 to 4,000 B.C.
Paleolithic & Neolithic Periods THE STONE AGE Paleolithic or Old Stone Age dates from the first stone tool makers (approx. 2 million BCE to about 10,000.
PASS Review Stone Age Periods Old Stone Age -> Paleolithic *hunters and gatherers *stone tools and weapons *cave art / NO written records.
Part I Workbook - ??CHAPTER 1 The Neolithic Revolution and the Birth of Civilization Chapter Summary. Between the Old Stone Age (Paleolithic) and the New Stone Age (Neolithic)—12,000 to
The Stone Age Old Stone Age Paleolithic Age 2,500,000 to 8000 BCE Made stone chopping tools Hunter-gatherers Humans migrated across the globe End of the.
The Stone Age Chapter 1, Section 1 Pages 9-15. What was the Old Stone Age The Stone Age is also referred to as the Paleolithic Period.
Mr. Gordon Ancient Structures & SOL Facts. Stonehenge – Paleolithic through the Neolithic Era (Old Stone Age - New Stone Age)
Paleolithic Period & Neolithic Period. Paleolithic = Old Stone Age 2 million B.C. to 10,000 B.C. The Paleolithic Age is a prehistoric era distinguished.
UNIT 5: THE STONE AGE - 5. The Stone...STONE AGE METAL AGE Palaeolithic (“Old stone”) Neolithic (“New stone”) - They began to use ... o Ochre and Yellow from the earth and plants . 3.
3.2 Paleolithic Age (Old Stone Age)… 2 million y.a. – 8000 BCE Hunter-gatherers Always looking for food Used caves for shelter Neolithic Age (New Stone.
Chapter 2 Section 2: The Neolithic Age Page 41. The Neolithic Age AKA New Stone Age People became farmers Called the Neolithic Revolution.
The Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages. Paleolithic Age Paleolithic means “old stone” –used simple stone tools Earliest humans were nomadic –Moved from place.
A time before people developed a system of writing 2 Different Periods: Paleolithic Age (Old Stone Age) Neolithic Age (New Stone Age)
From Pre History to Pre History to Civilization ... written documents, pictures, films, etc. THE STONE AGE The stone age is divided into two parts. 1) Paleolithic (Old stone age) 2)