1st day of school
Post on 20-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Welcome, Students! Mrs. Mays7th Grade Language Arts
2. Welcome to 7th grade! 3. All About Me
- My background
- I grew up in Topeka.
- I attended West Avondale and Stout Elementary School, Jardine Middle School, Topeka High School, and Bethany College.
- My experience
- Ive been teaching for 12 years.
- I have also taught at Chase Middle School and Ross Elementary as the PE teacher but Landon 7 thgrade Language Arts is my favorite.
- My husband
- My child
- Our pets***
My Family ***The chimp and white tiger are not Porsche and Izzy 5. My Goals
- To give you the academic and social skills you need to survive in 7 thgrade.
- To provide a supportive and fun classroom environment.
- To help you learn the following things:
- how to research for projects
- how to correctly do daily editing
- how to use grammar appropriately
- how to create writing projects
- Mrs. Mays
Language Arts 7. 7 thgrade core classes
- The subjects we cover during 7 thgrade are:
- Reading- Mr. Lavin
- Math- Mrs. Davids
- Social studies- Mr. Meyer
8. Writing- Mrs. Mays
- We will be doing 3 research writing assignments.
- We will do a narrative writing piece.
- We will do a persuasive writing piece.
- We will do an autobiography piece.
- We will be doing some projects with the novels and vocabulary from Mr. Lavins class.
- Briefly describe the topics you will cover this year in Math.
- Briefly describe the topics you will cover this year in Science.
12. Social Studies
- The research projects that will we be doing will have to do with the material you are learning from Mr. Meyers class.
- Kansas History
13. Our Classroom Community
- Mrs. Mays 7 thGrade
14. Class Rules
- Our classroom is a community. In our community, we have rules to help us get along with each other.
- Our class rules are:
- Must be in the room by the time the tardy bell rings, or you will be counted tardy.
- Gum will be allowed if it is not disrupting the class.No candy unless given by Mrs. Mays.
- Bring all materials to class.This includes 3-ringed notebook with notebook paper, planner, pencil/ ( red ) pens, and assignment(s).
- Respect is expected!
- The bell does not dismiss you, I will.
15. Homework and Websites
- I do not assign homework every night. You might need to finish rough drafts or grammar assignments periodically during the year.
- Your vocabulary packets are due onFridays .
- There are several websites that you can visit to study while at home.
16. Lets Have a Great Year!