Post on 13-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBrief description of hypnosis
- 1.Understanding Hypnosis
2. What is Hypnosis? It is a process that enables a person to perceive, think, feel and behave in new more effective ways 3. What is Hypnosis? It is a process that enables a person to perceive, think, feel and behave in new more effective ways It is a state of enhanced learning and greater behavioral flexibility 4. What is Hypnosis? It is a process that enables a person to perceive, think, feel and behave in new more effective ways It is a state of enhanced learning and greater behavioral flexibility It is a way for you to take greater control of the thoughts, feelings and behaviors, that shape your life 5. Consider for a moment what we all commonly do as we grow older We be become stuck in our patterns ofperceiving, thinking, feeling, and behaving 6. We resist new ways of thinking, perceiving, feeling and behaving In other words we refuse to learn 7. We resist new ways of thinking, perceiving, feeling and behaving In other words we refuse to learn And worst of all 8. We resist new ways of thinking, perceiving, feeling and behaving In other words we refuse to learn And worst of all Many of our old patterns that get in the way are automatic and unconscious. 9. Understanding the unconscious Basically speaking, there are two types of mental processes: ConsciousandUnconscious 10. Understanding the unconscious
- Conscious means we are aware.
- Conscious processes include:
- active memory
- analyzing( including analyzing our emotions)
- will power
11. Understanding the unconscious Unconscious processes happen outside our awareness These include stored memory, emotions, habits,self-concept, and physiological functions.At any moment most mental processes are unconscious. The conscious mind is merely the tip of the iceberg. 12. Understanding the unconscious One of the key functions of the unconscious is to protect a person, therefore it resists change, even when new ways of thinking, feeling or behaving is unconscious are for our good, or what we consciously want. 13. Hypnosis brings great alignment Between theconscious and unconscious 14. Hypnosis brings great alignment Between theconscious and unconscious It is learning on a deeper level 15. Hypnosis brings great alignment Between theconscious and unconscious It is learning on a deep level It does this in a number of ways 16.
- Unconscious resistance is reduced
- Conscious motivation is strengthened
- The power of the imagination is activated
- New patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving are communicated directly to the unconscious
How hypnosis helps you take greater control 17. Some common myths Myth: Hypnotic trance is a state of unconsciousness, like sleep Fact: Hypnotic trance is a state of highly focused attention, much like when a person is absorbed in a good book or a movie. A person in trance is conscious and aware at all times.You hear everything, and are aware of whats going on around you. 18. Some common myths Myth: Hypnosis is for the weak-willed or unintelligent Fact: Just the opposite is true. Hypnosis is a mental discipline, and the best subjects are mentally disciplined and intelligent. 19. Some common myths Myth: A person in hypnosis gives up control to the hypnotist. Fact: A person in hypnosis is free to accept or reject any suggestion the hypnotist gives. No one can be made to do something against his or her will. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. The role of the hypnotist is to guide, not command. Recall that hypnosis is a means of gaining greater control of your own mental processes. 20. Some common myths Myth: A person can get stuck in hypnosis. Fact: In all the in the years of its use there no case of a person ever being stuck in hypnosis. 21. Some common myths Myth:If I use hypnosis I dont have to use any effort. Fact: Hypnosis is not a substitute for making the right choices, critically thinking and even using will power at times. Hypnosis strengthens all of these. Often the positive changes brought about by hypnosisseemto be effortless, but even then, it takes the decision touse hypnosis and taking the action to do it. 22. Some common myths Myth:All hypnosis is the same Fact: There are numerous approaches to hypnosis, and no one approach works for every one. Thats why is important to work with some one who can use a variety of approaches, so that hypnosis is individualized for you 23. Are you ready for hypnosis? Are you ready to release old patterns that keep you from having and achieving what you truly want? Are you ready to take greater control of the thinking, feeling and behaviors that shape your life? If youre ready, be sure to ask your hypnotherapist any other questions or concerns you might have 24. And congratulations, Youre own your way way to creating your own best future.