out of 10
Post on 08-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. LIFE IN THE SEA Samuel Olayiwola GCSE English speaking and Listening Assessment Date 21/10/14
- 2. CONTENT o Introduction o Different creature in the sea and what makes them special o Newly discovered creature in the sea o Well known sea creature o History of blue whale o Amazing fact about blue whale o Blue whale life style. o Conclusion o Question time.
- 3. Introduction When you row slowly and gently in the sea, youre entering another world, full of strangest creatures on the planet. Fish of all shapes and sizes swim in the oceans but not everything that lives beneath the waves is a fish. Down on the seabeds, crabs scuttle into their burrows and giant squids peer through the darkest, deepest waters with their football-sized eyes. Discover some of the bizarre creatures that live beneath the waves.
- 4. Madtom Norse shack Ocean sunfish Pilot fish Queen danio Rabbitfish Sea devil Tilapia Unicorn fish Viperfish wallago Yellow fin croker Zander Different creatures in the sea 1. African glass catfish 1. Blue whale 2. California halibut 3. Earthworm eel 4. Eelblenny 5. Fathead sculpin 6. Ganges shark 7. Hamlet 8. Ice fish 9. Jack 10.Kingfish 1. longfin
- 5. Kiwi fish is felt scaly and was quite firm, almost jelly-like, and you couldn't see anything inside aside from this orange little blob inside it. Newly discovered creature in the sea KIWI FISH
- 6. HORSE FISH Known as SEAHORSE Seahorses are mainly found in shallow tropical and temperate waters throughout the world Size (1.5 to 35cm) Well known sea creature
- 7. History of blue whale Intensive hunting in the 1900s by whalers seeking whale oil drove them to the brink of extinction. Hundreds of thousands of whales were killed. The 1966 International Whaling Commission finally gave them protection, although they have only recovered slightly since then. It is estimated that only10,000-25,000 blue whales now swim the world's oceans
- 8. AMAZING FACT ABOUT BLUE WHALE The Blue Whale is the largest creature ever have lived on earth At 30 metres in length and 170 tonnes or more in weight. The heart of one blue whale was recorded at nearly 700 kg (about 1,500 pounds). blue whales are one of the loudest animals on the planet Their tongues alone can weigh as much as an elephant. Their hearts, as much as a car Females breed only once every three years and gestation is between 11-12months. Females usually only have one young.
- 9. Blue whale life style They mainly catch their food by diving, and descend to depths of approximately 500m. Blue whale is a deep-water hunter so they usually come to the surface of the sea to breathe. They communicate with each other using a series of low frequency pulses, groans, and moans. They normally travel 30mile per hour Some have lived up to 110 years.
- 10. Conclusion Whales are one of the few wild animals that are commonly friendly to humans they encounter. Many people feel that we have an obligation to preserve these intelligent and special animals. I will love to see more them all over the world. http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Blue_Whale Thanks for listening.
View more >
WHAT IS A SEA CREATURE? AIDEN RYAN 2KG. What is a sea creature? Animals like whales and fish spend all their lives in the sea. There are more than 24,000