PTAWeb Employee Training. Why PTAWeb? Paperless user-friendly system Greater efficiency for supervisors and employees Up-to-date leave balances and leave
out of 70
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- PTAWeb Employee Training
- Slide 2
- Why PTAWeb? Paperless user-friendly system Greater efficiency for supervisors and employees Up-to-date leave balances and leave history Accessed anytime with Internet Explorer through the Web
- Slide 3
- What will I learn? How to logon to PTAWeb How to enter work time How to enter leave time How to enter a default work schedule How to view leave balances & history How to correct errors
- Slide 4
- Today marks the first day that you can log on to the PTAWeb payroll, time & attendance system. You will be required to use a PTAWeb specific logon ID to access this application. (The logon does NOT replace your current logon ID, which you will continue to use when you log onto your computer.) Use the following link to access PTAWeb (AVAILABLE ON THE INFOSITE): https//ptaweb.state.wi.us Your PTAWeb logon ID is: X!X????X Your temporary password is: XXX!!!???XX You will enter this ID on the screen to log into the PTAWeb system. You should plan on changing your password when you log in the first time. For security reasons, do not share your PTAWeb logon ID with anyone. If you have any questions or problems logging onto PTAWeb, please email the DMA Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact DMA Payroll at (608) 242-3167/3165, DSN 724-3167/3165. Please retain this e-mail for reference regarding your new PTAWeb logon ID.
- Slide 5
- Logging On
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- Enter the ID assigned to you in the introductory e- mail Enter your temporary password
- Slide 8
- The first time you login to PTAWeb you will be required to enter your Social Security number twice to identify yourself in the system. Once you have gone through this process, you will only need to enter your ID and password to log in to PTAWeb. When you have entered your Social Security number in both places, click on OK.
- Slide 9
- Employee, Jane E. 777-74-7000 Using the Social Security number you entered, PTAWeb will look up and display the name associated with that number. If the information is correct then click on Yes, if the information is incorrect, click on No and re-enter your Social Security number. If the message indicates it cannot find you, please contact your Payroll Office.
- Slide 10
- Entering Time
- Slide 11
- Make sure you are entering for the correct day. The system will always highlight the current date.
- Slide 12
- Enter your stop and start times in the format 0000 a for A.M. and p for P.M. You do not need to enter the colon. Click on the Save Work Times button when you have completed your entries.
- Slide 13
- Employees who work a non-standard schedule, earn compensatory time and are not paid by default MUST enter compensatory time for the week in which they work less than 40 hours.
- Slide 14
- The settings on the Employee Profile screen determine if you must enter comp time for the short week. If your settings are: Overtime: Comp Time Earned Paid by Default: No you must use comp time if you work less than 40 hours in a work week
- Slide 15
- You may enter/change work hours for the pay period until midnight on Monday following the end of the pay period. You may enter up to six start and stop times per day. You cannot enter work hours in advance. You may enter both work and leave hours on the same day.
- Slide 16
- Entering Leave
- Slide 17
- Enter the number of leave hours and select the leave type from the drop down menu. Click on the Save button
- Slide 18
- The leave will be recorded and the hours posted on the calendar grid. The hours will also be deducted from your leave balance.
- Slide 19
- To remove the leave, click in the box below the label Delete. The Delete button will be highlighted. Click on the button to remove the leave.
- Slide 20
- The Future Leave option allows you to enter leave into future pay periods. You may enter up to one week at a time, but may enter multiple weeks. Leave is NOT posted against your balances until the pay period in which the leave becomes current, at which time it will be automatically entered for you and edited against your leave balances. You may delete future leave by clicking in the box under the column Delete. A check mark will appear in the box and the Delete button will be highlighted. When you click on the Delete button, all leave you have checked will be deleted.
- Slide 21
- You may enter/change leave for the pay period until midnight on Monday following the end of the pay period. You may enter more than one leave type per day. You may enter leave hours in advance. You may enter both work and leave hours on the same day.
- Slide 22
- Entering a Default Schedule
- Slide 23
- Enter stop and start times for your standard work day using the same format as when you enter your daily hours. If you work a non- standard schedule, enter the daily times you work most frequently. Click on the Save button to record your entries.
- Slide 24
- Viewing Balances & History
- Slide 25
- PTAWeb provides you access to information about you, your position, your leave balances and your past activity. This information is available to you, on demand, by selecting different choices from the Employee Menu.
- Slide 26
- The Show Pay Period screen gives you a summary of activity for a specific pay period. You may click on the hyperlinks for each day to view the detail for that date. You may select past pay periods by using the drop down menu.
- Slide 27
- The View PP Detail screen displays detailed information regarding entries for each day of the pay period. It also displays summaries of work, leave and other hours at the bottom of the screen. This screen can also be viewed for previous periods by using the drop down menu.
- Slide 28
- The Employee Profile screen displays basic information about you, as an employee. It also displays information about how you are set up in PTAWeb. The data on this screen cannot be modified by you. Most of the information is gathered directly from your record on the Central Payroll system at DOA.
- Slide 29
- The Position Information screen displays basic information about your position. No data on this screen can be edited.
- Slide 30
- The Leave Balances screen displays your real time leave balance. Any leave entries you have entered will be reflected in your balance. The leave data is updated every pay period on Friday following the pay period end. Only leave entered using the Future Leave option is not calculated in these balances.
- Slide 31
- The Leave History screen displays, in detail all leave entries past, present and future
- Slide 32
- The Retro History displays a history of all the corrections you have made in PTAWeb after a pay period had closed. You may click on the hyperlink for each date to view detail about the specific adjustment.
- Slide 33
- Correcting Errors
- Slide 34
- The Retroactive Adjustment option allows you to correct work/leave time entered in a prior pay period. You begin by entering the date you wish to correct and clicking on OK.
- Slide 35
- The original entries will be displayed for that date and you will have two options, if you did not work, click on Did Not Work this will create a transaction to remove the work time. If you need to change the work hours for the day or if the hours should have been leave hours, click on Create/View Adjustment.
- Slide 36
- You must reenter all time for the day, even if it did not change and you must save each type (work & leave) separately. This adjustment will not be processed until your supervisor completes their approval. If you need to make a retroactive adjustment, contact your payroll office for assistance.
- Slide 37
- What did I learn? How to logon to PTAWeb How to enter work time How to enter leave time How to enter a default work schedule How to view leave balances & history How to correct errors
- Slide 38
- Contact Information PTAWeb Questions DMA Payroll Cathy Johnson 608-242-3167 DSN 724-3167 or Katie Esser 608-242-3165 DSN 724-3165 or email email@example.com Logon Questions/Problems - DMA Help Desk email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slide 39
- Slide 40
- PTAWeb Supervisors Training
- Slide 41
- What will I learn? How to approve employees time How to select a backup supervisor How add/change employee work/leave time How split cash pay/comp time for overtime How to view reports How to approve adjustments
- Slide 42
- Approving Time
- Slide 43
- As a supervisor, when you log into PTAWeb you will be taken to your approval screen first. The current period will always be displayed. If you are approving time for other than the current period, you will need to select the correct period from the drop down menu labele
View more >
Paperless Recorders and Data Acquisition Solutions - paperless... · 2013-01-15 · Paperless Recorders…
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL PAPERLESS MEETINGS MANAGEMENT ... Paperless... · REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL PAPERLESS…