presentation on diesel locomotive works (dlw)
out of 18
Post on 22-Jan-2018
- 1. DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORKS DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORKS PRESENTATION Shubham Vishwakarma Mechanical 3rd year AIMT Greater Noida
- 2. INTRODUCTION - Diesel electric locomotives were introduced on Indian railway in 1950's. - Diesel Locomotive Works ( DLW ) was established in 1961 in collaboration with M/s ALCO, USA in the ancient city of Varanasi. It is spread in 300 acres area at Varanasi. - it is a production unit owned by Indian railway, for which it manufacturers diesel -electric locomotive and its spare parts. - DLW is an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001: 2007 Certified organization.
- 3. First Locomotive was flagged off by Late Shri Lal Bahadur Shashtri on 3rd February 1964.
- 4. - In order to upgrade the technology, Indian railways entered into an in 1995, with M/s General Motors, USA for transfer of technology for the manufacture of 4000 HP, fuel efficient WDG4/WDP4 locomotives at DLW. - At present the latest locomotive produced by DLW; I.e WDG5 has capacity upto 5000 HP and trying to make it 5500 HP - DLW is supplying locos to PSU's & industries like NTPC, COAL, INDOGULF etc. - DLW has also supplied locomotives to other countries such as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Vietnam etc.
- 5. SOME FACTS ABOUT DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES - DLW's annual Production - 25 - Cost of one loco - 12 to 14 crore (EMD) - 8 crore (ALCO) - Weight of one loco - 121 ton - Fuel consumption; At full load - 540 lt/hr. Idle load - 40 lt/hr. - Max. Speed - 160 Km/hr. - Dia. of wheel - 1092 mm - Wheel to wheel distance - 1596.5 mm - Length of under frame - 19962 mm
- 6. DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE In a diesel - electric locomotive, the diesel engine drives an electrical generator or alternater whose output provides power to the traction motors. There is no Mechanical connection between the engine and the wheels.
- 7. CLASSIFICATION OF LOCOMOTIVES - Locos, except the older steam ones, have classification codes that identify them. This codes is of the form WDG5A "| Gauge || power || load || series || subtype |" - THE FIRST LETTER (Gauge) W - Indian broad gauge Y - Meter gauge Z - Narrow gauge (2.5 ft) N - Narrow gauge (2 ft) - THE SECOND LETTER (Motive power) D - Diesel C - DC electric ( can run under DC traction only)
- 8. A - AC electric ( can run under AC traction only) CA - Both DC and AC ( can run under both AC and DC traction) B - Battey electric locomotive ( rare) - THE THIRD LETTER (Load type) G - Goods P - passenger M - mixed traffic; both goods and passenger S - used for shunting U - electric multiple units ( E.M.U ) R - Railcars
- 9. - THE FOURTH LETTER ( Series) The series digit identifies the horsepower range of the locomotive. Example. For the series Letter '3' means that the locomotive has power over 3000 HP but less than 4000 HP. - THE FIFTH LETTER (Subtype) An optional letter or number that indicates some smaller variations in the basic model. For Ex. 'A' for 100 HP 'B' for 300 HP
- 10. PRODUCTS WDG-5 - High adhesion Diesel-electric 5500 HP main line heavy goods service locomotive, with GM ( AC-AC traction) WDG-4D - High adhesion Diesel-electric 4500 HP main line heavy goods service locomotive, with GM ( AC-AC traction)
- 11. WDP-4D - High adhesion Diesel-electric 4500 HP main line heavy pessenger service locomotive, with GM ( AC - AC traction) WDG3A - 3100 HP main line heavy goods service locomotive, with uprated 16 cylinder ALCO engine ( AC -DC traction )
- 12. WDS6 - 1350 HP Diesel- electric shunting/short haul locomotive with 6 cylinder. 2.4 MW DG Sets - 2.4 MW DG Set using 16 cylinder, 3600 HP ALCO Diesel Engine.
- 13. PRODUCTION SHOPS AT DLW 1. Block Division 2. Engine Division 3. Loco Division 1. BLOCK DIVISION Heavy weld shop Heavy Machine shop
- 14. 2. ENGINE DIVISION Engine erection shop Engine testing shop Light Machine shop Sub Assembly shop Rotor shop Heat treatment shop Turbo section
- 15. 3. LOCO DIVISION Loco Frame shop Pipe shop Truck and Machine shop Traction Assembly shop Sheet Metal shop Loco Assembly shop Loco Paint shop Loco Test shop
- 16. TYPES OF MACHINES USED AT DLW 1. Conventional Machine 2. NC Machine 3. CNC Machine - CONVENTIONAL MACHINE : It is a simple machine which is now an Old technique. - NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE : Numerical control is defined as a system in which the actions of the machines are controlled by the Insertion of the numerical data. In other words number Controls the action.
- 17. COMPUTERISED NUMERICALLY CONTROLLED MACHINE - In CNC the control system further energized With a mini computer or a post processor. - The control unit stores the programmed Information of the work piece, the travel Limits, collision zones and the diagnostic information etc. it also gives a feedback to The operator about the current position and distance to be travelled etc. - CNC Machine have ability to edit or alter the existing program in no time.
- 18. THANKS
View more >
DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE : a saga of Strength ...dlw. first diesel electric locomotive (WDM2, no. 18233) rolled out of Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) on 3 rd January, 1964. Since then DLW has acquired domain knowledge and expertise in developing new designs not (up to ...
Professional Letter - DLW, Profile (2...Web viewUNDERFRAME ASSEMBLY OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE FOR DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORKS, VARANASI DIESEL LOCO MODERNIZATION WORKS, PATIALA POWER PLANT EQUIPMENT HEAVY STEEL FABRICATION ...
Diesel locomotive works Varanasi Employment Notice Railway Diesel locomotive works Varanasi Employment Notice No 01/2014 Recruitment against Scout Guide quota in DLW for
Rohit Kumar Maurya - Training Jun|Jul 2013 Diesel Locomotive Works,Varanasi Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) is production unit under the ministry of railways. T his
Brief Rationale - CAREs Rationale APRIL 07, ... Patiala, Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works ... **For detailed Rationale Report and subscription ...
Diesel Locomotive Works : Embracing innovative Traction ... Locomotive Works : Embracing innovative Traction Technologies DLW is one of the leading manufacturers of Diesel electric locomotives in the world.
DLW Online Form 2017 SarkariExam ?? DLW Online Form 2017 (Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi) Post Name Pharmacist, Physiotherapist, E.C.G. Technician
~ ~ CfiiO(i'1i General Manager (P) Diesel Loco Modernization Works (OMW) Patiala 147003 Punjab. TheGeneral Manager (P)Diesel Locomotive Works, (DLW)Varanasi -221004. TbeGeneral Manager(P),Chittaranjan Locomotive Works ...
General Manager (P) Diesel Loco Modernization Works, ( DMW) Patiala 147003, Punjab. The General Manager ( P) Diesel Locomotive Works, (DLW) Varanasi. The General Manager (P),Chittaranjan Locomotive Works713331 ...
Manual Of Wdg4 Locomotives Made By Dl ?? manual of wdg4 locomotives made by dlw ... summer training report of 4 week training at diesel locomotive works, varanasi on diesel-electric locomotive.
Vocational Training for Undergraduate (Engineering ... Training for Undergraduate (Engineering Management) Students 2015 -16 at Technical Training Centre, Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi-221004 1. Technical Training Centre (TTC), Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW ...
No.: RMI/NR/ 023Dep/staff Dated: 11.02.2015 The Chief ... RITES...The General Manager ( P) Diesel Locomotive Works, (DLW) Varanasi. The General Manager (P),Chittaranjan Locomotive Works( CLW), Chittaranjan (W.B.)
I 8.11ncr. minister, shri narendra modi at diesel locomotive works (dlw), varanas honble pm reminisces about his childhood in remarks in visitors' book at dlw, varanasi .
INDIAN RAILWAYS (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS) DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE ...dlw. Bulletin for...INDIAN RAILWAYS (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS) DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORKS Email: cdedlw@ FAX No. 0542-2642486, Dated: 9.12.2014 No.dlw.m ... in loco test shop ...
Dy. CEE/LGD. Sub: Deputation to RITES formation for panel of inspection Engineers in ... Diesel Loco Modernization Works (DMW), Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi-221004 East Central Railway ...
World Bank AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE PRESIDENT ... DLW - Diesel Locomotive Works of Indian Railways ... advisory services and overseas staff training.