powerpoint ariadna & mònica
Post on 28-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Laughter Therapy
- What is it?
- How did it begin?
- What does it consist of?
- How is it useful?
- What does it imply?
- Which benefits have?
- Are there any problems?
Structure 3. What is it?
- Using of humour to help
- To promote healthy and cope with illness
4. How did it begin?
- Used in medicine during the whole history
- Earliest mentions for health benefits from humour is in the Bible
- Surgeons used humours to distract patients
5. What does it consist of?
- Using different ways, prepares us for laughter.
- Can help people to comfort better the changes in life.
- Principal aim: to teach us how to laugh.
6. How is it useful?
- To improve the quality of life, help for pain...
- Passive humour.
- Spontaneous humour involves finding humour in everyday situations.
http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v =iu-rLA4POkI 7. What does it imply?
- Increased breathing, oxygen use, changes in hormes and heart rate
- For example: many hospitals have set up rooms with humorous materials.
- Some cancer treatment centres offer humour therapy .
8. 9. Benefits
- Provides physical and emotional release.
- Exercises the diaphragm, works out the shoulders, muscles more relaxes...
- Away from anger, stress...
- Can give us a cheerful perspective.
- Laughter contacts us to others.
10. Are there any problems?
- It is considered safe with conventional medical therapy.
- Can be harmful used with delicates issues.
- Cause pain after surgery .
11. The human race has only one really effective weapon and that islaughter . http:// www.youtube.com / watch ?v=cc2F1U_ oSxY 12.