minor v major
out of 5
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. RECORD LABELS. Major.v.Minor
- 2. Major Labels Advantages Disadvantages More money Well known More publicity More experienced Major artists Bigger budgets (more opportunities) Better promotion through other medias. (Magazines, social media sites, tv etc.) unoriginal music to work safely. Uneven pay. Advantages and Disadvantages.
- 3. Major Labels. There used to be four major record labels such as Warner Bros, Sony and Universal, and EMI, but since 2011 only three remain. These are Universal, Warner Bros, and Sony. Emi worked with people such as queen which probably gave them the popularity and finance to be as big as they was, but in 2011 all licences got taken back, they are still working but are just not as big as what they used to be. Warner bros works with people like Avenge Sevenfold, Biffy Clyro, Disturbed, and Cher; Varying in all genres and giving all genres an opportunity to express themselves. This is beneficial to all the bands because there is a good chance they would be recognised through this, and it's also beneficial for the label because they are earning money from all areas because of the mix of genres. Universal is a big label too, working with sensations such as Sam Smith, David Guetta, Bastille, and Demi Lovato. The genre isnt as varied with this label that i can see through the artist list, but researching further into the label have seen that it does include a slight mixture, like i said about Warner Bros, would benefit the label and the artists financially. Sony like Universal does not have such a wide range of genres. Working with artists such as AC/DC, Calvin Harris, One Direction, Pitbull, and Meghan Trainor, this like, univeral, is not as beneficial as having a wide range, as they would only get specific consumers. But this links to the fact that they feed the consumers what they wantso they know exactly what they would need to be able to make a profit.
- 4. Minor Labels Advantages Disadvantages Originality. More intimate. Can build artists. Experimental. Less money. Less publicity. Less experience. Smaller budgets. Advantages and Disadvantages
- 5. Minor Labels. There are not any specific minor labels i can include in this part as there are many. There are many benefits that come with working with a minor record label. Starting with the relationships you can build with the intimacy put in to create a sufficient music video that fits within the genre. Minor record labels, otherwise known as independent labels only sign if they believe you have the potential, because they sign if they like your music because, being such a small association they haven't really got the time to waste on hiring people whose music isn't going to sell as they need the money to fund their business. Researching into concept of a minor record labels it shows that people who are assigned to them usually come out a lot friendlier which is beneficial for any artist as they want to be liked, and if they get popular have a chance of moving up to a larger type of company.
View more >