creative journey presentation
Embed Size (px)
MEE30003 Machine Design
Harrison Bennett Joseph Thekkekkara Joshua LazaroJordan Boyle
Creative Journey: Windshield Wiper System
Introduction ▪ EVX's ultimate vision is to make self powering cars the future of transportation.
▪ Windscreen Wiper System has not yet been created that is aerodynamic enough to contribute to an overall coefficient of drag < 0.21.
Project Overview and Objectives
Create a windshield wiper system:
▪ Mounted onto the EVX Immortus vehicle and ready for use.
▪ Meets Australian Design Requirements
▪ Aerodynamically efficient (contribute to a cd < 0.21)
▪ Taking into consideration the actuator (weight, complexity, power consumption)
1. The history of the windscreen wiper. Why is a windscreen wiper needed?.
2. Aerodynamics basics.
3. Different kinds of Windscreen wiper, how people have approached clearing a windscreen.
Why are Windscreen Wipers Needed?
Thinking Outside the BoxUltrasonic Transducers High Pressure AirHydrophobic Coating
Hiding the Blades
Beam VS Conventional (Superstructure)
Blade Designs/ Ideas
1. Determine dimensions of Blade.
2. Use calculations to calculate torque required to move blade.
3. Define constraints of linkage size – space .
4. Select motor – Linkage specs define motor requirements