COMPED9 Module 1 Information Technology, the Internet, and You
Post on 19-Aug-2015
- 1. COMPUTER EDUCATION 9 MODULE 1 Information Technology, the Internet, and You Prepared By: Engr. Jeremy M. Flores
- 2. COMPUTER COMPETENCY It refers to acquiring computer- related skills. It includes how to effectively use popular application packages and the Internet.
- 3. COMPUTER COMPETENCY Microcomputers are common tools in all areas of life. New forms of learning have developed.
- 4. COMPUTER COMPETENCY New ways to communicate, to find people with similar interests, and to buy goods are available.
- 5. COMPUTER COMPETENCY To be competent with computer technology, you need to know the parts of an Information System.
- 6. INFORMATION SYSTEM It refers to any combination of Information Technology and peoples activities using that technology to support operations and management.
- 7. PARTS OF INFORMATION SYSTEM People Procedures Software Hardware Data Connectivity
- 8. INFORMATION SYSTEM People are surely the most important part of any Information System.
- 9. SOFTWARE These are the step by step instructions that tells the computer how to process data into useful form.
- 10. MAJOR KINDS OF SOFTWARE System Software Application Software
- 11. SYSTEM SOFTWARE It enables the application software to interact with the computer hardware.
- 12. SYSTEM SOFTWARE It is a BACKGROUND SOFTWARE that helps the computer manages its own internal resources. It is not a single program.
- 13. SYSTEM SOFTWARE It is a collection of: Operating Systems Utilities Device Drivers
- 14. APPLICATION SOFTWARE It is to which the user interacts primarily. It might be described as end user software.
- 15. APPLICATION SOFTWARE Types of Application Software General-Purpose Software Specialized Software Mobile Applications
- 16. HARDWARE It refers to the physical component of the computer system.
- 17. HARDWARE Input Devices Output Devices Input/Output Devices Process Devices
- 18. TYPES OF COMPUTERS Supercomputers Mainframes Mid-Range Computers Microcomputers
- 19. DATA VS. INFORMATION Data are raw facts. Information are processed data into a useful form.
- 20. CONNECTIVITY It is the capability of your computer to share information with other computers.
- 21. CONNECTIVITY Most Dramatic Changes Widespread Use of Mobile Devices Cloud Computing
- 22. CONNECTIVITY Many experts predict that these wireless applications are just the beginning of the Wireless Revolution.
- 23. WIRELESS REVOLUTION A revolution that will dramatically change the way we communicate and use computer technology.
- 24. NETWORK It is the central concept of connectivity. It is a communications system connecting two or more computers.
- 25. NETWORK The largest network in the world is the Internet, which is like a giant highway that connects you to millions of other people and organizations located throughout the world.
- 26. NETWORK The Internet and the Web Powerful Software Powerful Hardware Security and Privacy Organizations Changing Times
View more >
Leticia Pacheco Information, Technology, The Internet, and You Chapter 1 Information, Technology, The Internet, and You Chapter 1.
Chapter(1( Information Technology, the Internet, and You ... 1(Information Technology, the Internet, and You! 3! By:(M.Hazazi((Basic!application:!! 3 Usedwidelyinnearlyallcareer. ((3 ...
College of Computer and Information Science Chapter 1 Information Technology, The Internet, and You.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, THE INTERNET, AND CHAPTER 1 Information Technology, the Internet, and You INFORMATION SYSTEMS An information system has five parts: people, procedures, software, hardware, and data.
Module 2: Information Technology Infrastructure Chapter 6: Telecommunications, Internet and Wireless Technology.
Information Technology, The Internet and you ?· Uses the Internet and the web to shift many computer…
1 ICT referred to? IInternet and Communication Technology. IInternet and Information Technology. IInformation and Communication Technology. IInformation.