Animated Film The Lion King. Animated (or Children’s) Films Animated Films are ones in which individual drawings are photographed frame by frame. Usually,
out of 27
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Animated Film The Lion King
- Slide 2
- Animated (or Childrens) Films Animated Films are ones in which individual drawings are photographed frame by frame. Usually, each frame differs slightly from the one preceding it, giving the illusion of movement when frames are projected in rapid succession. Animated films are often directed to, or appeal most to children, but can be enjoyed by all. Animation, fairy tales, stop-motion films, and adventures that appeal to children are included in this genre category.
- Slide 3
- The earliest animated films that most people remember seeing are Disney films which contain exquisite [ 'ekskwizit ] , , details, flowing movements, gorgeous and rich color, enchanting characters, lovely musical songs and tunes, and stories drawn with magical or mythological plots.
- Slide 4
- Classic Animated Films The Lion King 1994 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 1937 Sleeping Beauty 1938 Toy Story 1995 Beauty and the Beast 1991 Tom and Jerry 1991 Aladdin 1996 Steamboat Willie 1928 The Hunchback of Notre-Dame 1996
- Slide 5
- NameAnimal MufasaLion ScarLion NalaLioness ZazuHornbill RafikiBaboon TimonMeerkat Pumbaa Warthog
- Slide 6
- Cultural Background of The Lion King released by Walt Disney Picture in 1994 one of the top blockbusters [ 'bl k.b st ] , in the past ten years in the US Shakespeares theme: Hamlet, the attraction of African scenery
- Slide 7
- won the Oscar for the Best Music the Oscar for the Best Song: Can You Feel the Love Tonight song Hakuna Matata was nominated Oscar Best Music.
- Slide 8
- Q: Why Lion king is so popular in America? The African setting: the plot, the names, the music, the philosophies all have an African flavor and Americans like things that are new and different. The Broadway style music and songs: done by some famous pop singers. The voices: played by some actors whose voices are familiar and distinctive to American ears. The animation: new, special and excellent.
- Slide 9
- In what way is the film itself circular? The film begins and ends at the same place and with the same title screen words; Simba is King after Mufasa and the son of Simba is held up high at the end and will assume the position of king after Simba.
- Slide 10
- What does the interviewee say about the American cultural identity? Whats the new trend? Culturally, America doesnt have its own identity. America is made up of many different identities. A great majority of American culture is still European culture, but more and more America is picking up, assimilating other cultures.
- Slide 11
- In what way is The Lion King similar to and at the same time different from other Disney animated movies The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast and Aladdin? Similarities: They are all true family films because they entertain adults as well as children. Difference: The Lion King is a little more subdued and its theme is grimmer.
- Slide 12
- What is the central theme of the movie? What can children learn from this movie? The central theme is guilt and redemption. Children can learn how to prepare themselves for more difficult lessons later on.
- Slide 13
- Reflection of the Movie It has an African plot, and the names are African, even some of the philosophy, some of the religious philosophy is sort of African, sort of having spirituality [.spiritju'liti ] , , come from nature, and looking at nature the Circle of Life.
- Slide 14
- What makes The Lion King different or maybe just special? We all understand revenge, we all understand the family members are dying at least, maybe not so much as children, but some of us do. But certainly by the time we have matured, we understand, the grief of family members dying.
- Slide 15
- Q:What are the themes of the movie? The Circle of Life the identity of the self
- Slide 16
- The theme ---The Circle of Life Its very interesting that the sort of film begins and ends at the same place. So almost the film is a circle. Its circular because at the end, Simba is King, and Nala is Queen and there is a new lion king who is held up at the end and so will then assume the position of king after Simba even. So this is very new, modern way of thinking especially in America.
- Slide 17
- Life is circular, life shall continue and move forward. Thats very typical philosophy in America and increasingly in other countries. Life shall progress, life shall move forward and that man himself is at the heart of that moving forward, that man is sort of in charge of his own destiny. Thats probably a very strong philosophy in America.
- Slide 18
- Another theme in the movie is the identity of the self This is also very new to Americans who have a somewhat different religious background,it worked in the movie and it definitely appealed to the American sense of something new and different.
- Slide 19
- And some have said its similar to Shakespeares Hamlet where Hamlet in his monologues strives to understand himself, strives to understand what its to be or not to be. He struggles with that. Thats similar.
- Slide 20
- But again, whats most struck about the theme of the monkey probably is the natural spiritualism of ancestors and of mythical experience that is tied in with nature. This is mot normally brought out in American literature and American thinking or at least not in childrens movies or childrens philosophy.
- Slide 21
- Q:To what extent, The Lion King reflects American culture? The Lion King is very African in its music, in its origin. The Lion King, originally is an African legend, old African legend. And there many African Americans in this country in America. So this film really appealed to many of them.
- Slide 22
- And again, America as before America likes things different. America is very fascinated with being on the edge and new and different things. The American spirit is of course very proud.
- Slide 23
- Culturally, America has made up of many different identities, since it was a country that was founded to be open and to allow all sorts of people to stay and live there. So there are many different types of cultures in America. So it is very common for an American to want to know more about these cultures.
- Slide 24
- The movie tried to make African culture a little bit more accessible to the person who wants to watch films. So thats a summarization ------one aspect of the American culture, that being its diversity, America has a great diversity of cultures that combine to be, the American people.
- Slide 25
- Now even though a great majority of that culture is still, European culture, the first settlers in America were, Spanish, and English. So theres still strong if not very, very, very strong in European history in America, But more and more America is picking up and assimilating , , , assimilating means absorbed, assimilating other cultures which is very interesting.
- Slide 26
- And its not something perhaps that the original Founding Fathers of America would have foreseen this is absorbing of other cultures, and this combining of other cultures.
- Slide 27
- Its useful to watch The Lion King as a cross-section of American culture, though it is important to realize that many people in America do not necessarily abide or agree with all the philosophy in it.
View more >
Slogan Animated Tutorial - Animated Tutorial3.docx · Web viewSlogan Animated Tutorial 1. Open Flash…
Short, Animated and Experimental Films vision, talent Animated and Experimental Films vision, talent and ... this booklet is an invitation to re ... Documentary films are enjoying worldwide success at the moment
book-review-animation-under-swastika-history-trickfilm ... ?· and bad lessons permeated animated films.…
America's Youngest Collector of Old Cartoons Explains the Beauty of New York's First Animated Films - ANIMAL
1 Objective: You will learn the history of animated and non-animated films. Agenda: Notes, View Hugo. Daily Question: Why is Georges Melias so unhappy?