the silver fern report - june 2010
out of 20
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAn analysis of Boulder real estate market conditions.
- 1. THE SILVER FERN REPORT: Boulder An analysis of real estate market conditions in Boulder, Colorado June, 2010 Phone: 303 586 1241 | www.silverfernhomes.com
- 2. Boulder, Colorado Phone: 303 586 1241 www.silverfernhomes.com Make a Smarter Real Estate Decision
- 3. Legal
- This presentation was prepared exclusively for the benefit and use of the Silver Fern Homes clients in order to assist their study of real estate market conditions. This presentation is for discussion purposes only and is incomplete without an in-person, oral presentation by Silver Fern Homes. This presentation reflects our views of prevailing market conditions on this date, which are subject to change. Silver Fern Homes recommends careful and complete due diligence before buying or selling real estate or other investments. The following presentation is not to be construed as legal, tax, or investment advice. Silver Fern Homes will not be held liable for investment decisions derived from this presentation. Previous market performance is not a guarantee of future results and there is financial risk associated with buying or selling property. Consult with your financial, legal, and real estate advisers before making an investment decision. The data in this presentation was obtained by private and public sources, without independent verification.
- 4. The Team
- Osman Parvez: Co-Founder and Associate Broker. Osmans professional experience includes investment analysis, real estate development, and investment banking. He also loves being in the wilderness and has research experience studying the impacts of climate change. Osman holds an MBA in finance and a B.S. in Biology
- Email: [email_address] ph: 303.746.6896
- Dallice Tylee: Co-Founder and Managing Broker. She holds a GRI and CRS. Dallice is also a Certified Negotiation Expert, EcoBroker, and Accredited Staging Professional. A native of New Zealand, Dallice's attention to detail and thorough, disciplined approach comes from previous professional experiences in health sciences. She is passionate about interior design and landscaping.
- Email: [email_address] ph: 303.746.6765
- Crystal Callipari: Associate Broker. Crystals experience as a real estate investor and home builder provides unique insight on buying, selling and marketing strategies. Prior to joining Silver Fern, she was a frequent client of the firm, giving her perspective on the quality of service clients should expect from their broker. Crystal has lived in Colorado for over 13 years with her husband. She has two grade school aged children, one of whom is a competitive figure skater and the other a black belt in martial arts.
- Email: [email_address] ph: 720.841.2701
- Robbin Merta: Administrative Assistant. She has a B.F.A. in graphic design, experience owning several small businesses, and is studying for her Realtor's license. Her strong interest and experience in home renovation, both personally and professionally, is a practical complement to the Silver Fern team. She is a stained glass artist who also enjoys volleyball, cooking and martial arts.
- Email: [email_address] ph: 303.993.6139
- 5. City of Boulder Single Family Houses (detached dwellings)
- 6. House Inventory
- 494 houses were available for sale in the City of Boulder during May, a drop (2.4%) from the previous month.
- As of June 14, there were 487 homes in inventory. 75 of these homes are currently under contract.
- The inventory drop is unusual for this time of year, likely caused by the deadline for tax credit (see slide #18).
- 7. House Sales Volume
- 73 homes sold in the City of Boulder during May, up 46% from last year.
- Title companies and lenders indicate scheduled closings during June will also likely be high as buyers seek to comply with the tax credit deadline of June 30 th .
- Over the past six months, 305 units have sold, an increase of 48% from the same period a year ago.
- 8. House Absorption Rate
- At 14.4%, the absorption rate in the City of Boulder declined slightly from last month.
- Although higher than last year, absorption remains below the longer term average.
- For comparison, consider that absorption was in excess of 20% during May 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- 9. Notable Sales Half Price Special 1909 Norwood Avenue Key Statistics: 5 Bed, 7 Bath 6,688 SQFT Sold: 5/05/10 Days On Market: 701 Sold: $1,100,500 Percentage of Original Asking : 55% Another riches to rags, trophy home to foreclosure story. Wishful thinking asking prices and building without consideration to market value leads to ruin. But, someone got a deal Entry Level Shines 210 S. 39 th Street Key Statistics: 3 Bed, 2 Bath 1,402 SQFT Sold: 5/18/10 Days on Market: 40 Sold: $400,000 Percentage of Original Asking : 98% Proving yet again that the entry level is robust, this basic 1950s ranch in Martin Acres went under contract just 13 days after hitting the market. Land Grab 2345 Panorama Avenue Key Statistics: 3 Bed, 1 Bath 925 SQFT Sold: 6/09/10 Days on Market: (dubious) Sold: $510,000 Percentage of Original Asking : 88% Hopefully the citys first trash collector didnt live here and the preservation folks dont try to save this shack. This transaction sets a good comp for land values in top notch locations (with a view). Its also $20K less than it traded at in 2007.
- 10. City of Boulder Town Homes and Condos (attached dwellings)
- 11. Town Home & Condo Inventory
- 464 units were available for sale in May, 33 units less than last month (6.7%). As of June 14, 468 homes were in inventory with 56 of these under contract.
- As with the house market, its unusual to see inventory levels decline during May. This is likely driven by tax credit driven buyers (see slide #18).
- Inventory is now considerably below the longer term average.
- 12. Town Home and Condo Sales Volume
- 79 units sold in May, up 49% from last year.
- Over the past six months, 318 units have sold, 45% more than the same period a year ago.
- 13. Town Home and Condo Absorption Rate
- The absorption rate was 15.9% last month, a slight decrease from the previous month.
- On average, absorption peaks in June. This year is likely to be the same, perhaps even setting a record.
- 14. Boulder: Notable Sales Downtown Living 1655 Walnut Street #107 Key Statistics: 2 Bed, 2 Bath 1,395 SQFT Sold: 5/28/10 Days On Market: 1,012 Sold: $489,900 Percentage of Original Asking : 65% After 3 rounds of heavy price cuts, the Walnut is once again competitive with other high end downtown condos. Beautiful units, great location, and now priced right. Let the sales roll Affordable Housing 3228 Foundry Place #104 Key Statistics: 1 Bed, 1 Bath 644 SQFT Sold: 5/26/10 Days on Market: 57 Sold: $113,039 Percentage of Original Asking : 100% Proving the value of affordable housing, this attractive unit was not on the market long. Call us for details on how to qualify for the citys affordable housing program. Old is New Again 1201 Balsam Ave. #103 Key Statistics: 2 Bed, 1 Bath 792 SQFT Sold: 6/1/10 Days on Market: 285 Sold: $324,900 Percentage of Original Asking : 97% A complete renovation of a mid-century building, six blocks from the Pearl Street Mall. Upgraded everything, built green and energy efficient. 4 units have sold during the past 30 days.
- 15. Research Spotlight: Niwot
- We currently have several active buyers for higher-end homes in Niwot.
- At the this time, Niwot has 106 active listings with a median price of $812,450.
- Over the last twelve months (LTM), 58 homes have sold. At a pace of less than
View more >