The Lively Museum
out of 13
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The Lively Museum Original article by Maurice Davies, Summarized by Museum Hack
- 2. Two things distress me when I visit a museum.
- 3. One: When it's overcrowded, and it is hard to see the things on show.
- 4. Crowded blockbusters may let the museum report impressive numbers, but the experience is neither enjoyable or enlightening.
- 5. Two: When a museum is empty- devoid of other visitors, devoid of staff, and devoid of energy.
- 6. The solution to the former problem is simpledesign and manage exhibitions better so that they aren't overcrowded. Solving the latter is harder.
- 7. Museums and galleries need to rethink their use of space.
- 8. Be less occupied with fixed displays, and more available for a wider range of activities.
- 9. Try workshops, short-term 'pop-up' displays, performances, and public discussions.
- 10. Become a place where people and groups can come together.
- 11. Could we make our art galleries and museum vibrant places to hang out...
- 12. ...not just hang pictures?
- 13. The Lively Museum Original article published by Museums Association Written by Maurice Davies Twitter: @mauricewdavies Summarized by Museum Hack About, Company News, @MuseumHack on Twitter Contact us at email@example.com Twitter: @MuseumsAssoc
View more >
A lively, engaging history of The Great War written download.e- ?· A lively, engaging history of The…
Lively Lingo - LCSC Lively Lingo Quick and Easy Vocabulary Strategies Charting the Cs: Cross Categorical
Keeping Literature Lively with Loop Literature Lively with Loop Activities ... as well as inferences drawn from the text. ... “Charlie the Chocolate Factory”
The Lively Sketchbook Tells a Tale: Digital Storytelling ... ?· The Lively Sketchbook Tells a Tale:…