THE HOLOCAUST. THE BEGINNING Holocaust: the Nazi attempt to kill all Jews under their control result of racist ideology of Nazis – any undesirables were.
out of 8
Post on 19-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- THE HOLOCAUST
- Slide 2
- THE BEGINNING Holocaust: the Nazi attempt to kill all Jews under their control result of racist ideology of Nazis any undesirables were persecuted; only the Aryan race should survive (Germanic, Nordic, Anglo-Saxon blood) Anti-Semitism hatred of Jews Hitler blames them for all Germanys problems: things like communism, abstract painting, and defeat in WWI Begins with an economic attack boycott Jewish businesses, bars Jews from civil service jobs, banking, stock exchange, law, journalism, and medicine Nuremberg Laws come next denies German citizenship to Jews, bans marriage between Jews and non-Jews, segregates Jews at every level of society Hints there will be a Final Solution to the Jewish question
- Slide 3
- KRISTALLNACHT Nov. 9, 1938 known as Kristallnacht (Night of Broken Glass) happened after a Jewish refugee killed a German diplomat in Paris Nazi officials order attacks on Jews in Germany, Austria, and Sudetenland (all he had conquered at that point) secret police and military destroy 1500 synagogues and 7500 Jewish-owned businesses, kill 200 Jews, injure 600 and arrest 1000s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynypuxgCbH4
- Slide 4
- OTHER OBSTACLES Between 1933-37, 129,000 Jews flee Germany and Austria, including Einstein More may have left, but really werent welcomed in other countries Due to Depression and lack of jobs and anti-Semitism, The U.S. and other countries shut their doors The St. Louis sails with 900 Jews and cant find anyone to take them return to Germany and their eventual deaths
- Slide 5
- THE FINAL SOLUTION Genocide: the willful annihilation of a racial political, or cultural group 1933 first concentration camp opens areas include Dachau, Sachsenhausen, and Buchenwald All enemies of the state were placed in camps each designated by color-coded patches Purple: Jehovahs Witnesses Yellow: Jew Pink: homosexual Red: Political Prisoner Blue: Immigrant Green: Criminal Black: antisocial Included anyone who spoke out against Hitler labor leaders, socialists, communists, ministers, priests, Gypsies, beggars, physically and mentally disabled and many others
- Slide 6
- Prisoners were tattooed with numbers (numbers make them not human) and dressed in vertically striped uniforms Within prison walls, guards could do as they pleased Death by starvation and disease was an everyday occurrence; doctors conducted horrible experiments Poland was home to large groups of Jews Warsaw, Lodz, and other cities Jews were forced to live in crowded areas known as ghettos; additional camps were constructed By 1942 Nazi officials were ready to move ahead with the Final Solution extermination of 11,000,000 Jews some camps, especially in Poland, were designated as death camps largest death camp was Auschwitz, also Treblinka, Maidenek, Sobibor, Belsec and Chelmno forced into death chambers that were pumped in carbon monoxide and showers that released deadly insecticide human fat was turned into soap; hair was woen into wi, slippers, etc; cash, gold fillings, wedding rings were stripped from the bodies bodies were then burned Some were simply lined up and shot By 1945 6 million Jews had been murdered; 5 million others had died
- Slide 7
- http://video.about.com/history1900s/Nazi-Concentration-Camps.htm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJlLBD-EO0 http://www.britishpathe.com/video/concentration-camp-footage
- Slide 8
- ALLIES RESPONSE TO THE HOLOCAUST Could it have been prevented? relaxed immigration policies might have helped; our State Dept made a conscious effort to block Jewish immigration why? As the horrors of the camps begins to be reported once we enter the war, and effort is made to rescue Jews; not until 1944 did FDR respond by establishing the War Refugee Board working with the Red Cross saving many Jews, especially in Romania and Hungary Stalin had no concern over the death camps, although his country is the closest As our soldiers began to liberate the camps, Americans began to get the whole picture leads ti support of an independent Jewish homeland in 1948 when the Jewish community proclaimed the State of Israel, President Truman immediately recognized the nation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyP-ljev68 http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/schindlers-list/one-more-person
View more >
The Holocaust. The systemic murder of European Jews & Undesirables by Nazis About 6 million Jews were killed by the end of WWII.
The HOLOCAUST the genocide of European Jews by the Nazis during World War II over 11 million people were killed; 6 million of which were Jews.
The Holocaust “Work brings freedom". The Nazis’ Racist Policy Nazi foreign policy was guided by the racist belief that Germany was destined to expand.
The Holocaust © Karen Devine 2013. The Holocaust The Holocaust or Shoah, was the murder of six million European Jews by Nazi Germany during World War.
The Holocaust February 20, 2013. Holocaust: Nazi attempt to kill all Jews Includes all Jews & “undesirables” –Gay; twin; gypsy; disabled (mental/ physical);
Holocaust Nazi comparisons during the reports/Holocaust Nazi comparisduring the Gaza War ... Part 3: Netanyahu is like Hitler and the Nazis Part 4: ... memory of the Holocaust by comparing Israel’s
THE HOLOCAUST Historical Information. Holocaust Holocaust: The persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime. Holocaust:
The Holocaust Don Mills CI Spring 2011. Who were the nazis? “Nazi” is an acronym for the National Socialist German Workers Party. Nazi ideology was based.
The Holocaust. Nazi Policies Jews were one of several groups targeted by the Nazis, in addition to Slavs, homosexuals, gypsies and others who opposed.
Nazi Persecution of the Jews The Holocaust resulted in the death of 6 million Jews and 4 million other “undesirables” such as political opponents, Slavs,
Refers to the systematic killing of Jews by the Nazis during WWII During the Holocaust, Nazis killed 6 million European Jews Hebrew term for Holocaust.
Holocaust: The systemic slaughter of Europe’s Jews by the Nazis during World War II. Holocaust: The systemic slaughter of Europe’s Jews by the Nazis during.
The Holocaust Ch. 16.3 During the Holocaust, Hitler’s Nazis kill 6 million Jews and 5 million other “non-Arayans.”
Holocaust of the Macedonian Jews - ?· Holocaust of the Macedonian Jews By ... their armies passed by…
Phases of the Holocaust - Mr. of the Holocaust ... go to theaters, ... The Nazis did many things they thought would humiliate and shame the Jews. An example of