Semantic Web Technology and Ontology designing for e-Learning Environments
Post on 10-Aug-2015
- 1. * - By Robin Khanna
- 2. * *Introduction *The Semantic Web *RDF *Ontology *SPARQL *Limitation OF Current E-Learning Environment *Proposed E-Learning Environment Using SWT *Conclusion
- 3. * -Web documents are arranged in an unstructured manner on web. -Retrieving information from WEB 2.0 has become complex. -SWT(Semantic Web Technology) solves the problem -SWT uses RDF(Resource Description Framework) data model to store the information
- 4. * *Follows the structured way for keeping the information. *Makes possible information to share & reuse. *Enables a web talking to machines. *Uses certain techniques like Ontology, RDFs, XML & SPARQL
- 5. * Resource Description Framework - Graph data model(similar to relation data model) - Organizes the data into more meaningful way. - Data things are organized with its attribute via links in the form of relation. - Consists of a triple. RDF Data Model
- 6. * *Explicit specification of conceptualization. *Helps to create semantic web applications to share & reuse information
- 7. * Simple Protocol And RDF Query Language -SQL like RDF query languages for databases. -Able to retrieve and manipulate for any data stored in RDF format.
- 8. * *Fails to supply learning resources according to the learners needs. *Produces irrelevant results which are not match to learners query and interest. *Learner spends more time to categorize the web results which he/she actual require to learn
- 9. * *Identify the needs, interest, media to learn i.e. audio, video, PDF and other, background, profile, knowledge level, search history of the e-learner before delivering the e-learning resource results to e- learner. *Exactly identifies the actual requirements of e-learner and produce only such relevant learning resources to e-learner. *The important thing is in this approach is that discovering, identifying, categorizing and presenting the relevant results to e- learner is performed by the machines not the human.
- 10. * *Ontology discuss here is developed in the Protg tool. *It is freely available, open source, having a great set of plug-ins, GUI based and also popular.
- 11. Fig. shows the ontology building for proposed e learning environments, which has three major classes Learner, Learning Objects and University. Learner class contains three subjects like student, teaching staff and non teaching staff. Learning Objects class having number of subjects like Question bank, assignment, material, Lab manual and many more. And finally the University class having the four subjects like department Engineering, Computer Science, Management and Pharmacy.
- 12. Fig. represents the object property assigned to various subjects of different classes.
- 13. Fig. is facility of protg that shows the visual representation of the different classes created under the proposed e-learning environments.
- 14. * *The proposed research work solve the limitation of current e-learning environment by providing most relevant learning resources to e-learner quickly. A learner need not require to discover, identify and categorize the learning resources which are provided by the proposed e-learning environment. Because the previous e-learning approach work on the predefined algorithm and software program, they are not enough powerful to understand the learner needs and requirements dynamically.
- 15. *
View more >
Combining Semantic Search and Ontology Learning for ...ceur-ws.org/Vol-461/ Semantic Search and Ontology Learning for Incremental Web Ontology Engineering ... of the textual corpus in addition to applied machine learning ...
Semantic Web for e-Learning Setareh Momayez. Semantic web for e-learning2 Outline Introduction Differences between training and e-Learning Semantic Web.
E-Learning and Semantic Web - ? use and applications of Semantic Web technology in which information
Semantic Web Query on e-Governance Data and Designing ... Web Query on e-Governance Data and Designing Ontology for Agriculture Domain Swaran Lata1, Bhaskar Sinha2, Ela Kumar2, Somnath Chandra1, ... crop