renown health surgical cap guide...1. cut two cap sides on fold, one cap top and one 40" x 1 ½"...
Click here to load reader
Post on 14-Oct-2020
Embed Size (px)
Renown Health Surgical Cap GuideTo our Renown Health community:Thank you for helping our caregivers Fight the Good Fight every day! These surgical caps will support our team as they continue to serve our community with HOPE and DETERMINATION!
Materials Needed (Per Cap)• One 26 ½" x 6" piece of Fabric for Cap Sides• One 10 ¼" x 6 ½" piece of Fabric for Cap Top• One 40" x 1 ½" piece of Fabric for Cap Band• Spool, Thread
Tools Needed• Pattern (for best results, print on legal size sheet — 8.5" x 14")• Iron• Scissors• Sewing Pins• Sewing Machine
Supply Pick-Up/Cap Drop-OffRenown Regional Medical CenterTahoe Tower Valet Entrance1155 Mill St.Reno, NV 89511Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1. Cut two Cap Sides on fold, one Cap Top and one 40" x 1 ½" piece of fabric for Cap Band.
See Cap Sides pattern (page 5) and Cap Top pattern (page 6).
2. Sew hems on Cap Sides by turning under ¼" twice and sewing.
3. Fold Cap Band in half and press.
4. Open Cap Band. Match center of Cap Band to center of Cap Side with right sides together. Pin along edge and sew ¼" seam.
5. Fold Cap Band over ¼" and then fold over again over seam. Topstitch.
6. Continue sewing ties by folding Cap Band ¼" on both sides of Band, then folding in half. Topstitch.
7. Match center of Cap Top to center of Cap Side.
8. Continue pinning around Cap Top. Sew from star, around Cap Top back to star.
9. Sew Cap Sides at back where it meets Cap Top.
10. Finish raw edge by serving, zigzagging or pinking.
Drop-Off: Please place all completed surgical caps in a large zip-lock bag. On the outside of the bag, please write: 1. Your name 2. Email 3. Quantity of caps completed All completed surgical caps can be dropped off at our “drive-through,” Monday – Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Renown Regional Medical Center Tahoe Tower Valet Entrance 1155 Mill St., Reno
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Amber Maraccini, Service Excellence Director at 775-982-4830 or [email protected]
: 13 ¼"
: 10 ¼"