Psychology video clip report
Post on 07-Jan-2017
Embed Size (px)
SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, BUILDING AND DESIGN
FOUNDATION IN NATURAL AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY (PSY0103)FINAL PROJECT VIDEO CLIP REPORT
GROUP MEMBERS:NG SHENG ZHE 0323830KIMBERLEY FAY BERNARD LO 0324237MICHELLE TUNG MAN KAYE 0324175ALFRED TI CHENG JIE 0323537GROUP SESSION: MONDAY (8AM-10AM)LECTURER: MR. SHANKARSUBMISSION DATE: 1ST FEBRUARY 2016Contents
2. INTRODUCTION .4
3. METHOD .5
4. DISCUSSION ..6
5. APPENDIX .11
6. REFERENCES 12
As an acknowledgement, we would like to thank and acknowledge everyone who were involved in the filming of this project. The patience, knowledge and effort given in the making of this project is what the final project a success in completing it.
Also, we would like thank our lecturer, Mr. Shankar for his effort in preparing the lectures for all of us and also guiding us throughout the project as without his guidance we would not be able to complete this project properly.
Lastly, we would like to thank our cameraman, editors, scriptwriters as well as our group members who were also the ones acting. The time, effort and sacrifice that was given from them was what really made the final project a success for all us.
In this assignment, we were assigned in a group consisting of 4 students and are required to make a social psychology conceptual video clip as well as a presentation that implements 5 different concepts that are from each chapters. Through this assignment, it aims to allow the students to learn and understand the connections among each of the concepts and theories within psychology. Also, this assignment thought us how to implement the concepts and theories that we have learned from each lecture that we were taught in class.
Furthermore, the concepts we chose were all acted out by group members. Before we started filming our video, we had discussed in a meeting among our group members about our storyline and script. The concepts that were applied in the video are social influence, first impression, motivation, observational thinking and self-efficacy.
Lastly, throughout meetings and filming done together, we as a group are able to understand more about the concepts that we have used better in a more social context.
MethodApparatus and materials usedIphone 6 was used to record the whole video as we had tried using Iphone 6 to record the other videos before and the results were amazing. Props like stationeries, books and smartphones were used in the video to make the video more realistic.
Procedure 1) 25th January 2016 : We gathered at university and had our first meeting. We discussed the storyline and modified it together. We gave our opinion about the concepts that were needed to be used in the video. We also wrote the script together so that we know what we should say and act in the video. After finish discussing, we started to film our video as we were free. We choose the suitable venue to record the video. 75% of the video was completed filming on that day.2) 30th January 2016 : We gathered at university to have our second meeting. We gathered outside the classroom to film the last scene of our video. We discussed how we should act and say in the video. After finish filming, we separated the report into few parts and distributed to everyone.3) 31th January 2016 : We discussed about some minor improvements to the video and report online. Everyone sent in their part to compile as a report. Presentation slides and video were also done on the same day.
We discussed about the storyline, script, concept with definition and examples in a group.1) Storyline One day, Alfred and Sheng Zhe was sitting on a table playing their smartphones. Sheng Zhe then suggested Alfred to go shopping. As they walked by Michelle, they saw her studying alone. Michelle asked them about where they were going and Alfred told her that they were going shopping. Alfred asked Michelle whether she wants to join them or not. Michelle then decided to stop studying and hang out with them.
On the other hand, as three of them were heading to the car park, they noticed Kimberly studying outside the library. Kimberly asked them about where they were going and Sheng Zhe told Kimberly that they were going shopping. Sheng Zhe asked Kimberly whether she would like to join them but Kimberly rejected his invitation and decided to continue studying for finals. Three of them left after saying goodbye to Kimberly.
Subsequently, Alfred changed his mind and told Michelle and Sheng Zhe that why not they study earlier for their finals as well. Alfred suggested them to go study with Kimberly, they thought for a while and agreed.
Until the examination day, four of them gathered outside the examination room. They were studying their notes in their smartphone. Lastly, they gained confidence by encouraging themselves. They went into the examination room and they believed that they will achieve a better result.
2) Script K KimberlyM MichelleA AlfredS Sheng ZheScene 1M sits at a table studying.A and S sits at a table while playing with their smartphones.S : Lets go to shopping.A : Okay!A and S walk by M.A : Hi, Michelle.M : Where are you guys going?A : We are going shopping. Do you want to join us?M : Sure!Scene 2 K studies at a table outside the library.M, A and S walk by and K notices them.K : Where are you guys going?S : We are going shopping. Do you want to join us too?K : Oh sorry, I cant go because I need to prepare for my finals.S : Oh okay then, bye!M, A and S leave and K goes back to study.Scene 3 M, A and S continue walking and A realises something.A : Hey guys, why didnt we study earlier like Kimberly?M and S stop walking.A : Hey guys! I suggest we go to study together with Kimberly.M and S thinks for a while.M : Okay sure!S : Lets go.Scene 4M, A and S sit down at Ks table.K : Why are you guys coming back?S : We are here to study.K : Oh okay.Scene 5Everyone gathers outside the examination room.Everyone is studying while thinking.K : (thinking) I can definitely do this.A : (thinking) I can do it!M : (thinking) I am sure I am going to ace in this exam!S : (thinking) I will get a better result this time.S looks at his watch.S : Lets go guys, its time for exam.Everyone enters the examination room.
3) Concept1) Social influenceDefinition: The process by which ones thoughts and actions are affected by othersConcept description: Social influence takes many forms and can be seen in conformity, socialization, peer pressure, obedience, leadership, persuasion, sales and marketing.Example: When Michelle was studying, she was influenced by Alfred and Sheng Zhe and decided to go shopping with them and gave up in studying.
2) First impressionDefinition: The event when one person first encounters another person and forms a mental image of that personConcept description: First impressions are not deliberate, they are not formed by watching others actions. They may be instantaneous and research finds that impressions are made after only .10 seconds.Example: When Michelle, Alfred and Sheng Zhe saw Kimberly studying, they assumed Kimberly was a hardworking girl.
3) Extrinsic motivationDefinition: Taking a certain action in response to external pressure or obligationConcept description: Action might be done to avoid punishment or earn a specific reward and it can actually inhibit behaviors if used at the wrong time. Preferences for tasks that are intrinsically or extrinsically rewarded are influenced by culture.Example: Michelle, Alfred and Sheng Zhe decided to go back to study instead of going shopping because they thought that they should study earlier to get a good result in the examination.
4) Observational learningDefinition: Watching others engage in behaviors and then repeating those actionsConcept description: Observational learning can explain how we acquire attitudes, fears, opinions, or specific behaviors.Example: Michelle, Alfred and Sheng Zhe saw Kimberly studying, therefore they decided to study like her.
5) Self efficacyDefinition: Your belief in your ability to achieve certain goalsConcept description: According to Albert Bandura (1977), people with high self-efficacy see difficult tasks as challenges and people with low self-efficacy see difficult tasks as something to be avoided.Example: Everyone was confident and they believed that they will do well in their examination.
1) How Does Extrinsic Motivation Influence Behavior? (n.d.). Retrieved January 31, 2016, from http://psychology.about.com/od/eindex/f/extrinsic-motivation.htm
2) How Does Extrinsic Motivation Influence Behavior? (n.d.). Retrieved January 31, 2016, from http://psychology.about.com/od/eindex/f/extrinsic-motivation.htm
3) Self-Efficacy: Why Believing In Yourself Is So Important. (n.d.). Retrieved January 31, 2016, from http://psychology.about.com/od/theoriesofpersonality/a/self_efficacy.htm