out of 22
Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Optical CAD Tools -An Introduction Samuel Cherukutty C 208114018 M.Tech
- 2. What is in this ??? What is CAD Why go for CAD tools What are the Different Propagation Models in Optical CAD Classification of CAD tools The different CAD Tools Conlusion
- 3. What is CAD??? Computer Aided Design (CAD) is the use of computer systems to assist in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design
- 4. Why go for CAD tools????? Reduces human error Availability of standard devices in library Easier and cheaper to modify designs Direct linking with Computer Aided Manufacture(CAM) is possible Simulation helps in detecting and correcting errors before implementation
- 5. What are the Different Propagation Models in Optical CAD??? Ray Propagation - Direction, position and angles Gaussian Propagation - 9 scalar parameters(z0,x,y,z,etc..) - Fast simulation (no integration) - Limited diffraction modeling Scalar Optics - 2D complex wave front - Propagation by summation of wave fronts Vector Analysis - Intensive computation, Boundary Element
- 6. How can I classify CAD tools available for optics??? Lens/Component Design Software Laser and Integrated Optics Design Software Thin Film Design Software Illumination and Straylight Software Testing Software Optical Signal Simulation Softwares
- 7. 1.LENS Design: ZEMAX Current Version : ZEMAX Optical Studio 14 Design any optical or illumination system Windows Based Fast simulation, analysis and optimization available Design validation with 2D/3D charting tools CAD-like design visualization with interactive 2D/3D modeling A good library of resource materials and design models available For More:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdL4Z
- 8. 2.LENS DESIGN: CODE V By Synopsis First Release 1975 Current Version 10.7 Intelligent, engineering-based defaults in all analysis capabilities Generalized diffraction beam propagation. Parallel processing support for up to 16 cores, for both local and global optimization Test cases developed in parallel with code For More:www.optics.synopsis.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wIkoiwvXo
- 9. Other LENs Design Software OSLO-Optical design and analysis software by Lambda Research. Optica-Optical design application for Mathematica from Wolfram Research. ASAP-System analysis program from Breault Research Organization, Inc ABCD,Aberrator,ADOS,Atmos,Beam,dbOptic,GS OLVER,KDP-2,Lensforge,LENSView, LensLab ,MODAS,Optalix,ReflectorCAD,WinLens etc..
- 10. 1.LASER and INTEGRATED OPTICS DESIGN:LightTools By Synopsis A COM interface to LightTools commands and data access. More than 90 pre-built systems for automotive, backlight, digital projector, imaging, LED, light pipe, general lighting, and stray light applications Application-specific utilities to quickly build a complete model Extensive source and materials libraries, including LEDs and BSDF measurements LightTools has multiple modules that can be
- 11. 2.LASER and INTEGRATED OPTICS DESIGN:Virtual Lab By LightTrans Highly Adaptive Beam Shaping Simulation of ideal Fourier-Synthesis-pulse shapers Stable and convenient programming interface Maximum flexibility by integration of user defined MATLAB and C# code into VirtualLab
- 12. And Other LASER AND INTEGRATED OPTICS TOOLS VPIPhotonics-Active and passive component, system and link engineering tools. Also provides software modules to design, verify and evaluate active and passive components, fiber amplifiers, DWDM transmission systems and broadband access networks. OptiFDTD-Software for integrated and fiber optics. OptiFDTD is a powerful, highly integrated, and user friendly CAD environment that enables the design and simulation of advanced passive and non-linear photonic components. OptiBPM is Waveguide Optics Design Software.
- 13. 1.Thin Film Design:TF Companion By SemiconSoft Large materials lib Imports measurement data in any format powerful and user friendly software application for thin film analysis and metrology.
- 14. Other Thin Film Design Tools Essential Macleod Thin film design and analysis software. Film Wizard Software for optimization and synthesis of optical thin film coatings. Other products are Film Tec 2000, Film Monitor, Film Ellipse. FilmStar A suite of Windows programs for designing, manufacturing and measuring optical thin film coatings. There is also a free version. FreeSnell Freeware program to compute optical properties of multilayer thin-film coatings. OptiLayer Software for optical coating design,
- 15. 1.Illumination and Straylight :TracePro By Lambda Research Corp Layout of physical geometry, setting optical properties, specifying location, and orientation Definition of optical sources as grid sources, surface sources or ray files Tracing rays to calculate illumination distributions throughout the system Optimization Result analysis
- 16. 2.Illumination and Straylight:SPEOS By Optis-works Improve the performances of lighting systems Optimize perceived quality and visual signature of your product Maximize visibility, readability and visual comfort Multithreading for max performance Cluster ready OPTIS distributed computing for high performance computing Highly user friendly with SPEOS properties manager, recursive selection and boundary highlight Fastest Monte Carlo Raytracing on the market
- 17. Other Illumination and Straylight Design Tools Apilux O++ Optical design software dedicated to photometric applications, optical design and multi- channel systems. ASAP System analysis program from Breault Research Organization, Inc. for imaging and illumination applications. FRED Optical Engineering Software for complex, "real world" optical problems. OptiCAD Non-sequential illumination, optical analysis and visualization program.
- 18. Testing Softwares AtmosFringe--Interferogram Analysis Software. This product appears to be unsupported since 2008. Durango--Interferometry software including data acquisition, analysis, evaluation, import/export and simulation of interferometric data. Focus--Curve fitting software to facilitate spectroscopic modelling and data exchange. OptikosMTF(Modulation Transfer Function) testing.
- 19. 1.Optical Signal Simulation:OptSim By Rsoft Virtual prototyping of optical communication systems for increased productivity and reduced time to market. Design optimization for enhanced performance and reduced costs. Interfaces with third-party tools such as MATLAB and the Luna Optical Vector Analyzer. Advanced electrical modeling with embedded SPICE engine. Dual simulation engines, viz. Frequency Domain Simulation & Time Domain Simulation
- 20. 2.Optical Signal Simulation: OptiSystem By OptiWave Ver Curr 12.2 Integration with Optiwave Software Tool Advanced visualization tools Hierarchical simulation with subsystems Powerful Script language Bill of materials Microwave Components Free Space Optics (FSO)
- 21. REFERENCES http://www.optenso.com/links/links.html#eng http://www.photonics.com/ http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/99/optica lsystems.pdf/ http://www.quora.com/Optics-CAD-program-does-it- exist http://www.gigasoftindia.in/uploads/file/Optiwave/Opt iSystem_Brochur.pdf
- 22. THANK YOU!!!
View more >