my bread pudding
Post on 14-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow to make 'bread pudding' the Czech way with photos.
My bread pudding
Czech name: žemlovka
What you‘ll need
• 4 rolls (each 40 g)• 50 g hazelnuts• 500 g apples• 250 ml milk• 2 eggs• 100 g sugar• 250 g curd cheese
(optional)• vanilla sugar, cinnamon,
• First cut the rolls into slices.
• Butter an ovenproof dish and put in one layer of cut rolls.
• Peel the apples.
• Chop the hazelnuts.
• Mix the curd cheese with some sugar and a little milk.
• Grate the apples and put them on the rolls, sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and some cinnamon.
• Cover with the curd cheese mixture.
• Put some raisins on top of that.
• Cover with another layer of sliced rolls.
• Prepare the milk mixture (mix milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar).
• Pour the milk mixture over the rolls.
• Top with a few pieces of butter.
• Bake at 175 °C for about 45 minutes.