mobile controlled robot (car)
Post on 16-Oct-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMobile Controlled Robot (car) using micro controller and DTMF
SR.NO CHAPTER NO1. 1.INTRODUCTION 1.1.INTRODUCTION 1.2 CONCEPT 2. PROJECT-OVERVIEW 2.1 BLOCK DIAGRAM 2.2 BLOCK DIAGRAM DISCRIPTION 3. SYSTEM HARDWARE 3.1 MT8870D 3.2 MICROCONTROLLER AT89C51 3.3 ULN2803A 3.4 CIRCUIT DIAGRAM 3.5WORKING4 . SYSTEM SOFTWARE 4.1SOFTWARE PROGRAM 4.2SOFTWARE REQ DISCRIPTION 4.3 CIRCUIT OPERATION 4.4FLOWCHART 4.5ALP5 PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD 5.1 GENERAL DESCRIPTION 5.2 PBC LAYOUT 6. CIRCUIT STUFFING,TESTING AND TROUBLESHOTTING7. APPLICATION,RESULT AND CONCLUSION 7.1 APPLICATION 7.2RESULT 7.3 CONCLSION8. FUTURE SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS 8.1 FUTURE SCOPE 8.2LIMITATION9. APPENDIX 9.1 COMPONENT COST. 9.2 BIBLIOGRAPHY.
(5) ABSTRACTRobot is a machine which is able to carry our task or the series of task of automatics when programmed. the wireless robot generally uses IR remote as tx&rx where range is the matter of concerns we are using mobile phone as tx&rx pair. The mobile phone will be using DTMF technique to transmit the signal for the signal for controlled the motion of the robot. Basic circuit consist of DTMF rx,microcontroller unit,releys,motor driver IC and robot car prototype.the microcontroller used is AT89C51.noder to driver the motor the driver IC is used. The datasheet of various compents have have also been included in the report.
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION :-Robot can be defined as a machine which is able to carry out a task or series of task or series of tasks automatically ESP when programmed . Basically it can be divided as :-A) Wireless B) Wired In wireless robot is operated by using a Tx and Rx pair, which is used to transmit the required singals to the robot .The wireless generally uses IR remotes as Tx or Rx pair. But using this option the range is upto some meter and hence become a disadvantage. We are aiming to use the mobile phones for Tx , Rx pair. This mobile will be using the Dual tone multiple frequency technique to transmit the signals between each other. The signals will be analong frequency signals within the voice band. Due to this the range of application increase. It depends upon the network provided by the service provider . The robot which we are using small sized having degree of freedom (X & Y axix) . It can move forward, backward and sideways. The movements depend upon the functions assigned to the keys on keypad according to program. Wirless robot uses IR remote which has very low range so we are using Mobile phones which has better range . So the principle of working of our system is DTMS (Dual tone multiple frequency )
1.2 CONCEPT :-DUAL TONE MULITPLE FREQUENCY DECODER :-DTMF signaling is used for telecommunication signaling over analogn telephone lines in the voice frequency band between telephone handsets and other communication devices and switching centre.
DTMF keypad is a matrix with each row representing low frequency & each column representing high frequency respectively. The multiple tones are the reason for calling the system multi frequency. If a single key is pressed then it sends a sinusoidal tone for each of two frequencies. Suppose I is pressed then it will send a sinusoidal tone for each of 2 frequencies. The original keypad-has levers inside so each button activates 2 Contacts. These tones are then decoded by the switching centre to determine which key is pressed . The DTMF decoder is used in telephone systems to detect DTMF tones in the incoming signal and convert them into actual digit.
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
Low frequencyHigh frequency
Busy singal480 Hz620Hz
Ring back tone440 Hz480Hz
DTMF decoder is used in telephone systems to detect DTMF tones in the incoming singal & covert them into actual digits .DTMF detection is suitable for computer application such as voice mail & telephone control features such as conference calling & forwarding.
(9) CHAPTER 2PROJECT AN OVERVIEW 2.1 BLOCK DIAGRAM :
MDriverMicro ControllerDTMF DecirderRx Mobile Tx Mobile
2.2 BLOCK DIAGRAM DESCRIPTION :1) Tx & Rx: Transmitter & receiver both are mobile phones used to transmit the signals. Type of mobile used: Those use the principle of DTMF singnaling.These signals are in the form of sinusoidal tone.
2) DTMF decoder: The sinusoidal tone signal is received by the receiver. The Tone is signal is being detected by the decoder and converted into actual digit (Digital signal ).Type: IC MT 8870It is DTMF receiver integrating both the band split filter and digital decoder functions. The filter section uses switched capacitor techniques for high & low group filter the decoder uses digital counting techniques to detect & decode all 16 DTMF tone pairs into 4 bit code. External component count is minimized by On chip provision of a differential input amplifier, clock oscillator and lathed 3 State bus interface.
(10)3) Microcontroller: The input signal to the microcontroller is digital signals received from the DTMF decoder. The robot performs the functions according to the programming done. Depending upon the incoming signal particular instruction is executed and digital signal is being outputted driver.
4) Motor driver. The motor can not be integrated to microcontroller & signals can not directly drive the motor. These signals are given to the driver and then the proper signals are given to the motor.
The driver IC provides the proper voltage & Current required for driving the motor in next stage. Type IC 293D this is high current half H driver. It provides bidirectional drive current of upto 600mA at voltage 4.5V to 36V. It has separate input supply. It has thermal shutdown.
The Mt 8870D is a complete DTMF receiver integrating both the band split filter and digital decoder functions. The filter section uses switched capacitor techniques for high and low group filter; the decoder uses digital counting techniques to detect and decode all 16 DTMF tone pairs into a 4-bit code. External component count is minimized by on provision of a differential input amplifier, clock oscillator and latched three-state bus interface. (12)
Features .Complete DTMS receiver .Low power consumption.Internal gain setting amplifier .Adjustable guard time .Central office quality .Power down mode .Inhibit mode Description The AT89C51 is a low power,high performance CMOS 8 bit Microcomputer with 4k bytes of flash programmable and erasable read only memory, the device is manufactured using Atmels high-density non volatile memory programmer. By combining a versatile 8 bit CPU with flash on the monolithic chip,the Atmels AT89C51 is a powerful microcomputer which provides a highly flexible and cost effective solution to many embedded control applications.(13)
1. Compatible with MCS-51 products2. 8k Bytes of In-system reprogrammable Flash Memory 3. Endurance:1000 Write/Erase Cycles4. Fully static operation : Ohz to 24 MHz5. Three Level Program Memory Lock 6. 256*8-bit Internal RMA.7. 32 Programmable I/O lines.8. Three 16-bit Timers/counters. 9. Eight interrupt Sources. 10. Programmable Serial Channel. 11. Low power Idle and Power down Modes.
The device is a monolithic integrated high voltage ,high current four channel diriver designed to accept standard DTL or TTL logic levels and drive inductive loads (such as relays solenoids DC and stepping motors) and switching power transistors. To simplify use as two bridges each pair of channels is equipped with an enable input. A separate supply input is prov