inability to say no
out of 32
Post on 24-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONEveryone in their life at least once have faced difficulty in saying NO to someone. Although in some it is very usual happening. In this presentation some techniques are explained through which anyone can learn to say NO.
- 1. INABILITY TO SAY GROUP 12- SANDHYA SACHDEV SHIVANI SINGH SHWETA
- 2. Sometimes we feel immense pressure to do all kind of things or activities we dont want to do. The reality is, we often put this pressure on our self. We think about the things we should do. Or the things we think we should want to do. Or the things other people might expect us to do. And all this thinking can drain us- before we have gotten a chance to do anything. so think about yourself and say no.
- 3. 13 SIGNS YOUR INABILITY TO SAY NO HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND
- 4. How to say and mean it
- 5. TECHNIQUES TO SAY NO
- 6. SIMPLE DIRECT NO The aim here is to say no without apologizing. The other person has the problem, and you must not allow them to pass it on to you.
- 7. RAINCHECK NO This is the way to say no to the present request, without refusing it. This is not a definite no and could be a prelude to negotiation. Use this technique only if you can genuinely fulfill the request later.
- 8. REFLECTING NO This technique involves reflecting back the content and feeling of the request, and adding your assertive refusal at the end. This is a firm and final way of saying no that allows no room for further negotiation.
- 9. ENQUIRING NO This is not a definite no and is genuine invitation to open up negotiation. You could use this technique if you want to do what is being asked of you, but the timing does not suit you.
- 10. REASONED NO This method gives very briefly the genuine reason for the refusal. You might use this method of refusal if you do not want to offend, but have a genuine, reason for refusing. It does not open up further negotiation.
- 11. BROKEN RECORD NO This method involves repeating a simple statement of refusal over and over again. This is a good method to use with someone who is persistent.
- 12. AT THE END HALF OF THE TROUBLES OF THIS LIFE CAN BE TRACED TO SAYING YES TOO QUICKLY AND NOT SAYING NO SOON ENOUGH. JOSH BILLINGS
- 13. THANK YOU
View more >