group 14 final project kleur tonacity merged pdf
Embed Size (px)
THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Not everyone has the time for a lengthy salon experience but that doesnt mean their hair should suffer. Tonacitybrings the high quality, salon hair colouring experience to your home!
Kleurs marketing strategy needs revamping. The key underlining principle for our creative campaign is a shift in media budgets to 60% Online : 40% Offline.
Our objectives: Awareness Sales Loyalty & Advocacy Evaluation
Through our proposed campaign Tonacity can increase their brand awareness and create a unified multiplatform campaign that engages, drives sales, creates an active online community and importantly encourages sharing, recommendation and repurchase. We have also proposed a series of metrics.
WHO IS THE CUSTOMER?S
SINFLUENCERS #Friends #Family #Experts #MagazinesArticles #Salon&BeautyProfesionals
A quality colouring product to cover grey hair and to also allow her to change her style if shewants; a product she could use whenever she has some spare time; easy to buy and easy to use;she doesnt need a quick fix, she needs a long term solution, a product that if it works she will usefor the rest of her life.
She wants to feel younger and on trend; wantsher hair to look good and natural without theneed to spend hours in a salon; a product thatwill not damage her hair and will keep it healthy
She wont get the results she is expectingand that the colour will look dull andunnatural; she is also concerned aboutthe health of her hair.
INFLUENCERS #Friends #SocialMedia #Blogs #Reviews #Celebrities
A quality colouring product to change her style often; a product you can buy online with quick delivery times and a how to information accessible at any time; tips and examples on different styles you can archive with the product application.
She wants to look good and have a relevant style like the people she follows on social Media; Change her colour and style when ever she wants without needing to pay a salon price.
She wont get the results she is looking for; it will be too difficult to apply; it will damage her hair if she uses it too often and will cost her more in the long term
STIMULUS: Building Awareness of the Brand
ENDORSEMENTInfluencer: high profile model/presenter, strong fan base, active on social media, target segments admire/aspire to be and believe would use the product themselves at home, TV friendly. Similar age to key target segments
TV ADVERTISINGHero content (TV and on owned channels). Sky Adsmart to buy space based on segment preferences. Second screen opportunities. Analytics key at the early stage
PR (REVIEWS, MEDIA LAUNCH, FEATURES)Press launch with Tonacity celeb ambassador. Offline (Vogue, Hello etc and online media, bloggers. Sentiment analysis important.
DIRECT & REFERRAL WITH STORE
PARTNERSDirect marketing to store accountholders, page takeovers on store websites and referral sites i.e. Net-a-Porter.
SEO, CONTEXTUAL &
DISPLAYHero content, rich content to enhance owned digital channels. For digital ads Use DoubleClick, You Tube Pre-rolls
ZMOT: Explaining the Value Proposition
SOCIAL MEDIAProduct review from Fleur de Force who is a well followed hair & beauty Vlogger
Twitter: 276kFacebook: 119kInstagram: 605kYouTube: 1.3m
ONLINE OFFLINE PRINT DISPLAY ADVERT A full page magazine advert using celebrity endorsement. Vogue has an average reader circulation of 1.25m (Source: http://www.condenast.com/brands/vogue/media-kit/print)
IN STORE DEMOUsers who have visited the website and are within a 30 mile radius of a Tonacity retailer are invited to an in store demonstration of the product. To further entice them to attend a unique voucher code is also sent to them which entities them to a 20% discount.
A real time push notification containing a unique 20% discount code as well as a link to a video which interviews advocates of the Tonacity brand will be sent to customers who interact with the product in store. This will be enabled via the use of iBeaconstickers.
FMOT: Driving Brand Preference & Conversion
SMOT: The Product Experience
RE-TARGETING via display or sponsored social posts showing them before/after results with Kleur Tonacity & encouraging use of the #MyTime #MyColourhashtag.
EXPERIENCE #MyTime salon at home experience. Limited time offer. Order your salon at home experience pack. Everything you need to recreate the salon experience at home. A limited time offer, this pack will include everything you would get if you were to visit a salon to have your hair done. A glossy mag (provided by a key media partner thus simultaneously assisting the PR effort) a scented tea light or pulse point oil so you can relax, a sachet of expensive coffee to enjoy while you put your feet up and wait for the colour to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE Online customer hub including 24hr live chat online, how to videos, reviews section.
DISCOUNT Use of the #MyTime #MyColour user generated content results in a discount voucher off your next Tonacity colour. Store account holders also get exclusive Tonacitydiscounts via email.
UMOT: Journey towards Brand Loyalty & Advocacy
BRAND ADVOCACYAt every customer touch point, the customer will be encouraged to get added to the tonacious database of past customers via email, twitter, instagram, facebook and youtube. The tonacity App will also be available and promoted on Android and Apple. Content marketing will be driven through Tonacity.com which will serve as a central hub for all social channels.
BRAND ADVOCACYIn the post purchase phase, the customer will be encouraged to share their experience with @tonacity or #myHair#myColour #myTime. For customers who are not inclined to share online, we will try to encourage sharing their experience on a one on one basis via messaging services aka Tell your best friend about your new look!. This will help us build offline advocacy for the brand.
ZMOTSally is browsing her favourite Mommy bloggers website andnotices a post about #MyTime with Tonacity. She googles itand notice and ad for tonacity on top of her search, she clickson it and and browses the site but gets distrated and closedown. Later on when browsing facebook she sees a Tonacitysponsored post on her news feed.
STIMULUSSally notices the Tonacity ad while browsingthrough Vogue with a picture of her favorite supermodel from the 90s! She starts thinking aboutwhether it would be right for her and if the productleads to salon quality hair color.
FMOTOn Saturday, Sally is on Oxford Street with her husband and two boys. Shenotices that Tonacity is a featured product in the window display. While herhusband and boys head to a sports store, she tells them to meet her in an hour atSelfridges. She enters the store and is approached by a sales executive whowould like her to try Tonacity. She has an appointment at the Salon on thecoming Wed. So she definitely has a back up just in case the product does notwork for her. Also she has planned to work from home this week. So it is notmuch of a risk anyways. Sally skeptically says, Yes
SMOTThe Tonacity associate is pleasant and provides her with all the relevant info on how to use the product. She also asks Sally if she could add her to the email list as wellas provides her with the social channels she could follow to keep up to date with the brand. Sally is not sure if this will take longer than an hour since she is meetingher family. Its already 5:30! Before she has a chance to think of a possible excuse the associate says Voila! - That looks spectacular! Are you sure it was easy to use?- It was quick and easy!, the associate smiles. By the way, I noticed that you are a Selfridges rewards card member. We are running a buy one get another colour free offer for card members. - Hmm Bill always wondered how I would look with Auburn hair! Sally pays for her one-plus-one #myTime box with Tonacity. As she opens the box, it looks so special.It says Tell your best friend about your new look at the back.
UMOTSally meets her friends at work and they love her new look. They areasking her how much she paid the high-end Salon. - Should I let herin on my Secret?, she wonders. A month later, Sally gets an emailfrom Tonacity providing her links to videos and reminding her that itstime for a new Color. - Did you change something?, says BillMen will be men!, Sally give him a look and brushes her Auburnlocks with her fingers.
STIMULUSHannah is bored with her current look and wants to try something new. - Should I colour my hair a funky shade of pink, she thinks Nah! - She searches for Hair Colour Trendy and notices a blog by her favourite pop star Ella Eyre. She clicks on it to land on a Tonacity.com page describing how much she loves Tonacity. - Celebs would never use a DIY moves on with her day.
ZMOTHannah is browsing through the internet and notices her friend Carries Instagram handle and notices a picture tagged #Tonacity#MyColour. - 59 likes? She clicks on the hashtag and come across the official tonacity Instagram page and browses more looks,
FMOTIn the evening, she gets a message on her music App about Tonacity in the neighbourhood store. The message has a picture of Ella Eyre so she cannot ignore it. - She clicks on the 20% off ad and lands on the page about the event. She clicks on the Tonacity app link and starts browsing through the different looks.
SMOT2 days later she is still procrastinating about her next look.After a few days of display ads, Hannah finally goes to the Tonacity app and decides to take the plunge. She receives her Tonacity purchase with 20% discount and free one-day. She researches some other How-to videos following some Youtube channels listed on the box. 30 mins later, she is done!
UMOTShe still has concerns about whether she looks good with the Blonde and Brunette combination. She wears her favourite LBD and posts a Selfie with the Hashtag #myColour with Tonacity.A few hours later she checks her Instagram account 127 likes!....And a message from the about winning the instagramcontest #myColour ..She is featured on the home page of the Tonacity App. Is there a prize?, she wonders. 2 Free Tickets to the Ella Eyre concert!....my Facebook Fans should know about this right now!
OFFLINE KPIs & BUDGET
STIMULUS BUDGET KPI's
Celebrity endorsement fee Offline 5% Direct traffic to Tonacity Site
TV Advertising Offline 16% Direct traffic to Tonacity SiteProduction of hero content
and creative Both 5% Video viewership / Recommendation
PR & blogger launch Both 5% No. articles posted
ZMOT BUDGET KPI's
PR ongoing Both 4% No. of article posted
FMOT BUDGET KPIs
Experiential and store merchandising Both 4%
No. of customers visited the site / QR code
downloaded App download
SMOT BUDGET KPIs
Unboxing and offers Both 3% No. of buyers and reviews rate
Customer service Both 5% Reviews
UMOT BUDGET KPIs
CRM and direct mail Both 8%No. of customer that received and opened the e-
ONLINE KPIs & BUDGET
STIMULUS BUDGET KPI's
Production of hero content and creative Both 5% Video viwership /Recomendation
PR & blogger launch Both 5% No. articles posted
Direct & referral Online 2% M. Share/Web
Digital display & Contextual display ads Online 5% Click through rates
ZMOT BUDGET KPI's
Paid search Online 9% No. of clicks
re-targeting Online 6% Vitality effect
Production of Hygiene and hub content Online 5% Direct traffic to Tonacity Site
PR ogoing Both 4% No. of article posted
FMOT BUDGET KPIs
Experiential and store merchandising Online 4% No. of customers visited the site / QR code downloaded App download
ibeacon retargeting Online 5% No. of customers who used the voucher.
SMOT BUDGET KPIs
Unboxing and offers Both 3% No. of buyers and reviews rate
Customer service Both 5% Reviews
Retargeting Online 3% Hashtag tracking
UMOT BUDGET KPIs
App development Digital 10% App download rate
CRM and direct mail Both 8% No. of customers that received and opened the e-mail
SLIDE 1 INTRODUCTION AND EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Not everyone has the time for a lengthy salon experience but that doesnt mean their hair
should suffer. Tonacity brings the high quality, salon hair colouring experience to your
Kleurs marketing strategy needs revamping and a large shift needed from offline to online
media strands. Our recommendations for a complete integrated marketing solution place
mobile at the heart. The key underlining principle for our creative campaign is a shift in
media budgets to 60% Online : 40% Offline.
- Awareness: Introduce product whilst highlighting benefits to target segments
- Sales: Overcome barriers to entry driving sales
- Loyalty & Advocacy: Generate advocacy both offline and online to encourage new
and repeat sales.
- Evaluation: Constantly measure success to better adapt campaign to changing times.
Our proposed campaign focuses not only on the technology behind the product but takes a
more creative angle, highlighting the salon experience at home. Customers can enjoy
Tonacity on their time. Hence our creative campaign - #myHair #myColour #myTime.
We follow two potential customers right through their customer journey to show how
Tonacity can increase their brand awareness and create a unified multiplatform campaign
that engages, drives sales, creates an active online community and importantly encourages
sharing, recommendation and repurchase. We have proposed a series of metrics that will
allow Tonacity to refine and hone their marketing strategy over time.
Tonacity for the woman who does it all and looks and feels fantastic at the same time!
SLIDE 2 CUSTOMER PERSONAS
1) Sally is a full time Marketing Manager and mother of two with a busy family and social life. She likes to look good and cares about her appearance. On her way home she keeps up with the latest trends through fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire, whilst occasionally visiting their websites also. Sally has disposable income and is willing to pay above the average for a product she trusts. She struggles to find time for herself and prefers the convenience of online shopping. 2) Hannah is a university student from London who lives in a rented apartment with two other friends. She comes from an upper middle class family and has her parent's income support but also works a part time job on a retail store in London's Oxford Street. Hannah has an active social life offline and crucially online also with a profile on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and every other Social Media platform out there. She can spend hours on youtube looking at music videos and follows fashion and beauty blogs for tips and advice. A true millennial, Hannah values her individualism and changes her hair style quite often wishing do things on her own terms and in her own time.
SLIDE 3 - AWARENESS/STIMULOUS
1. Celebrity endorsement leads to trust and influence, communicated through various channels and touchpoints on the customer journey. These include Kleurs owned channels plus the ambassadors personal social media channels.
2. Above the line TV to launch in the marketplace. Hero content driving target segments to find out more online, monitored via analytics to track spikes in digital activity following ads. Sky Adsmart (similar to digital programmatic) to select audiences based on age, location, lifestyle etc. Adsmart also serves TV creative on demand & OOH channels such as bars and via screens in tube stations to over 800m commuters. While ads run offline, online channels will be carefully integrated taking advantage of second screen usage.
3. Print ads are difficult to measure as theres no way of tracking when or where the may have seen them or the action they take. Therefore Print ad budget moves into digital. PR plays an important part in the awareness stage. Launch in online and offline media. Press launch/Interviews/features with brand ambassador & encouraging media reviews. Monitor social listening, cuttings and sentiment analysis.
4. Raise awareness of Tonacity through retail partners. Utilise store websites, embedded hero content, mailing lists and their social media channels to place page takeovers, embedded hero content and introduce new products. Create rich hero content for the Tonacity website and social to boost SEO. Use the data from the awareness stage in order to tweak creative, formats and timings for later on in the customer journey.
SLIDE 4 - ZMOT
By utilizing the loyal online audience that Fleur de Force has built up the value proposition can be communicated in an engaging manner in the form of a video review. She is trusted by her fans and its likely that if they are interested by the product and they will research the product further and move into the FMOT stage. The second touchpoint is in the form of a print display advert. Magazines such as Vogue would be ideal in gaining access to Tonacitys target market. Here a full page advert would clearly explain the value proposition of the product. This would prompt the customer to research the product more and find out where they can purchase it. The two touchpoints complement each other well at this stage as a display advert in a magazine may prompt a search on Youtube and thus lead to the video product review by Fleur de Force. In the same way a magazine advert may jog the memory of a video product review that the customer may have seen on Fleur de Forces social media channels.
SLIDE 5 - FMOT
Users who attend an in store demo will already be aware of the products value proposition due to the research they may have carried out online in the ZMOT phase. The in store demo should reinforce what they have learnt about the product and prove that the claims are true. This should all lead them to buy the product at the end of the demo and move to the SMOT. As an additional incentive an exclusive 20% discount will be on offer in store. By offering a real time discount to customers in store it should drive them towards purchase and thus the SMOT stage. For customers that may have interacted with product for the first time in store a link to a video where advocates of the Tonacity brand share their experience of the product will help bring the customer into the FMOT stage quickly hopefully leading to an in store purchase. The two touchpoints complement each other as both are in store and focus on driving engagement that will lead to the customer buying in store there and then. In fact the two touchpoints could be inherently linked together as the iBeacon retargeting message could be altered at the time of the in store demo. During an in store demo the retargeting message could change to thanking the customer for attending the demo and offering them the 20% discount.
SLIDE 6 - SMOT
1. THE UNBOXING EXPERIENCE. Tonacitys main USP is bringing the salon quality and experience home. Inside the packaging is a voucher allowing you to add to the salon experience by going online and ordering an exclusive Tonacity salon experience pack. This will allow capturing of the customer details and a packaging reference code and therefore tracking of sales data on where the product was purchased from. Customer profile and data is also stored for analytics and future marketing campaigns. The unboxing experience also encourages customers to share their Tonacity experience on social #MyColour, #MyTime or through a review. This is explained more in the UMOT stage. 2. CUSTOMER SERVICE & RESEARCH. The packaging and Tonacity website/ youtube channel will include detailed hub content including how to guides. On the website this will include links to the how to videos. 24 hr online customer support will be available also. Customers also sent an email asking them to fill in a short Trust pilot survey to gauge positive/negative product experiences. Positive reviews and comments can also be shared on social and owned channels to build trust and advocacy in the product. 3. Once customers have ordered their salon pack on the Tonacity website (sent next day delivery within 24 hrs) they will be retargeted via display or sponsored social posts showing them before/after results with Kleur Tonacity encouraging them to post their results on Tonacitys social channels in return for a discount. This leads on to the UMOT.
SLIDE 7 - UMOT
1. Build brand loyalty and repeat business: At every customer touch point, customers are encouraged to get added to the tonacious customer database via email, twitter, instagram, facebook and youtube. The tonacity App will also be available and promoted on Android and Apple. Content marketing will be driven through Tonacity.com which will serve as a central hub for all social channels. Past purchases will be added to this database to keep track of frequency, type of purchase and other characteristics. This will be used for segmentation, product innovation as well as triggered posts/emails to influence repeat purchases. For example:
o Reminder email to book next appointment or buy tonacity again after the frequency observed for a customer.
o Communication around new colours and products to segments that are found most likely to respond to them.
2. Brand advocacy: o Online: In the post purchase phase, the customer will be encouraged to share
their experience with @tonacity or #myHair #myColour #myTime. Sharing will be embedded into the tonacity app and responded to in real time by a central tonacity team. Every day/hour one of the posts will be featured on the tonacity home page and the tonacity app to promote sharing behaviour.
o Offline/On-on-One: For customers who are not inclined to share online, we will try to encourage sharing their experience on a one on one basis via messaging services aka Tell your best friend about your new look!. This will help build offline brand advocacy.
SLIDE 8 SALLYS JOURNEY
Sally, a working mother, is quite busy but unwilling to give up her Hair quality to save time. Our main objective is to provide her Salon quality hair whilst saving time. Salon Quality is an order qualifier. Time saving is an order winner over the current behaviour. In the Stimulus and ZMOT phases, we focus on getting her attention via channels she already frequents - fashion magazines, mum bloggers, etc. Once she is aware of Tonacity, our next challenge is to actually demonstrate value. Shes less inclined to try anything based on online evidence alone so we need to get her an in-store experience, providing her access to this service at the stores she usually goes to. In the case above, she enters Selfridges based on a window display. We also have the ability to use iBeacon and other push technologies to attract her to the Tonacity display at the store based on her browsing behaviour or demographic. Once she is convinced to try the product, we let her get over her apprehensions regarding quality and demonstrate the time she can save with our product. Based on the internet usage stats of Sallys age group, she gets information online but dont share or recommend them as much in the digital world. She would more likely recommend Tonacity to her friends on a one-on-one basis in the offline world. We influence this behaviour by adding a tell your best friend about Tonacity in our unboxing experience.
SLIDE 9 HANNAHS JOURNEY
Hannah is a trendy University student who likes experimenting with her look but has limited disposable income given her student status. Our main objective is to provide her trendy options for hair colour within her budget. Cost is an order qualifier. Trendy looks are an order winner over the current behaviour. Hannah represents the millennial generation. Her digital life is embedded within her offline life. At the Stimulus stage, Hannah notices a Blog from a celebrity she loves. It resonates with her immediately but she is not yet sold. Given her generation, ZMOT stages are probably UMOT behaviours of her friends. She is targeted with social content about Tonacity by her friend Carrie. When she searches for Tonacity Youtube, the search results show a Vlog by a fashion blogger. She needs to see how to use the product without any hassles and also know the price. Given her low budget, she is inclined to respond to the prospect of saving 20% on the Tonacity purchase. After a few retargeting ads, she finally buys the product and loves the ease of use. The easy to navigate website and app help her decide the exact colour of the Tonacity. After a few reminders via Display ads, Hanna buys the product and uses it to good effect. The moment she has a chance, she shares her experience with her friends on social and importantly ends up being the ZMOT for them.
SLIDE 10 KPIS
Stimuli- ZMOT This campaign is aiming to build a consistent messaging for the high quality Tonacity salon experience, across all the different channels and touchpoints, designed around modern celebrities and female icons/ambassadors of a modern lifestyle. Awareness will be achieved by combining a targeted programmatic TV ad campaign, with outdoor Adsmart, integrated with a mobile app. Display ads campaigns, especially on commuting hours, also supported by online (web) videos are created on Tonacitys new site and Social media channels.
Objective- To increase brand awareness for our target group.
FMOT - This is a very important stage of the Customer Journey (see appendix statistics) as the evaluation of the product is key for customer conversion. Cooperation with high end retailers where Tonacity will hold in store events with real life demos. Celebrity appearance is key for this stage along with very strong merchandising, where the customer will have the option to download the Tonacity app to familiarize with the product quality, colour options and ease of use.
In addition e-mail marketing on selected lists of these high retailers and programmatic display will also be used. Mobile ads and video content is key for the evaluation phase of the product.
Objective To achieve positive evaluation of customers.
SLIDE 11 KPIs
SMOT-The welcome Tonacity pack is offering the customer a salon like experience, while getting critical customer information through the registration from in the website. In addition SM tonacity channels will welcome customer views while a customer survey will be taking place in the web. We know that by getting people to engage with us in our social community, In addition to our engagement activity, we use social as a potential sales driving channel.
Objective To achieve conversion of customers.
UMOT- Objective is the recommendation of the product and the creation of a community of ambassadors
SLIDE 12 APPENDIX
The following sources were used: