Good Grooming - PerDev
Post on 09-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
DefinitionAccording to ask.comGood grooming means practicing good hygiene techniques. Good grooming includes showering and having neat hair and clean, trimmed fingernails. Good grooming also includes having brushed teeth and clean clothes.
According to Merriam-Webster1: well-dressed and scrupulously neat2: made neat, tidy, and attractive down to the smallest details
Other DefinitionAppropriate clothes for the occasionBeing neat and cleanChoice of clothes, color, accessories, shoes, bags, styleGood self-image; good taste
A. GROOMING CHECK UP
1. Bathe daily unless specified otherwise by a medical professional.Take a showerif you prefer. 2. Deodorant.Choose a sensitive or aluminum free variety if you suffer from allergies.
3. Brush teeth on a regular basis.Twice daily should be a minimum; once in the morning and once at night.4. Wash hair when needed.Younger folks or people with straight hair may need to wash hair daily while others with very curly hair may need to do so less frequently as daily washing can dry out their hair and strip them of important nutrients.
5. Keep hair cut and styled.Well cut hair allows you to present a confident image.6. Shave hair, as needed.Shave your face, legs and armpits if you believe this is necessary.7. Trim nails.Shorter nails look neater. If you have longer nails, keep them in good condition. Girls can also paint them.
8. Wear clean clothing.Always remove clothing with stains for immediate treatment.
9. Wear clean and polished shoes.Shoes are always the first thing many people look at. They tell a lot about a person.10. Wear a decent perfume, if possible a designer perfume.However, do be aware that some people are violently allergic to scents of most kinds. Almost no one is allergic to lavender, so a spritz of lavender essential oil (rosemary for guys) may be all you need.
CLOTHESBuying ClothesA. think twice before shopping with a friendB. Price does not assure qualityC. Following Fad is good, but it must not be the only basis of clothing choiceD. Avoid being Overly Outmoded.
Professional GroomingHow would you know if you are over dressed?Male: 9-13Female: 13-16
Hair Color: 2 shades Lighter/ 2 Shades DarkerOf natural Hair Color
Lines in ClothesIdeal Look Thin is not SexyA. Vertical Line :Creates an illusion of height: Ideal for Plump PersonsB. Horizontal Line: Cuts Height: Adds width
3. Best ColorsYour best color are found in your natural color scheme, your skin, hair, eyes, and lips.A. BEIGE- your best beige is the color of your skinB. BROWN- Hair ColorC. GRAY- Gray HairD. WHITE OR OFF WHITE- TEETH; your best white should not be whiter than your teeth.E. RED- natural blood colorF. BLUE- eye colorG. GREEN- eye colorH. YELLOW- not too bright for your skin colorI. BLACK- HairJ. NAVY- note what it does to your skin tone; if it dulls it, avoid itK. PURPLE- seldom liked- seldom used
4. Factors Affecting Choice of ColorA. Color of your skin, eyes and hairSkin tone
Warm Or Cool Skin Tone: 5 Questions To Help You Determine Your Undertones, So You Can Find The Prettiest Colors For You1. What Color are Your Veins?Check out the inside of your wrists. Do your veins appear blue or green? If they look blue/purple, you're cool-toned. If green, you're warm-toned. If you have trouble telling, you probably lean neutral.
2. What Colors Do You Look Best In?Are there certain colors you find you look better in? If you look best rocking jewel-tones such as blues, purples, and emerald-greens, you're cool-toned. If you favor earth-tones such as reds, oranges, yellows, and olive-greens, you're warm toned. And for you lucky gals who can get away with all the colors, you have neutral undertones.
3. Gold or Silver?Time to play dress-up. For science, right? Don your favorite pieces of jewelry. Do you look better in golds or silvers? If gold, you're warm-toned. If silver, cool-toned. Look equally good? I'm sure you're seeing the trend with this one...
4. Do You Burn or Tan?How about when you spend some bonding time with Mr. Sun?If you burn easilyor turn pink, you're cool-toned. If you tan, you're warm-toned. (If you don't know the answer to this one, just use the other questions. And always wear your sunscreen, people.)
5. What are Your Eye and Hair Colors?If you have blue, grey, or green eyes with blonde, brown, or black hair that has platinum tones, you are most likely cool-toned. If you have brown, amber, or hazel eyes with strawberry blonde, auburn, or black hair that has gold tones, you are most likely warm-toned. (If the gold/silver test was inconclusive with your skin, try it with your hair.)
4. Factors Affecting Choice of ColorB. PersonalityRED/BLACK/PURPLE- strong color (royalty, respect)Yellow/Blue- (Approachable, Joy, Comforting)C. OccasionFuneral, Weddings, Birthdays
MENS BUSINESS SUIT